It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exactly How Would You Do a Citizen's Arrest On a Public Figure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

You would have to physically witness the person committing a crime, and the police would have to be there to witness the arrest. Better just to call the police if you think you've witnessed a crime...because if you're wrong, you would likely be charged with kidnapping and other related crimes against the person.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Step 1: Establish legal proof...
WELL that pretty much takes care of ANY civilians arresting anyone under Admiralty law.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I have the ability (maybe moreso than others due to situations encountered in my job)...and if necessary...can and have placed one under citizens arrest. Homeland Security trained and employed by city emergency, police, fire, search and rescue services...we train on when and when not to...its really important...and possibly to your own freedom...to get it right. Positively right.

Once, I witnessed a robbery, and he had a large kitchen knife. He ran but I blocked the door, the nutcase swung at me, I drew my firearm and threw him to the ground yelling "Call 911! Tell them you have a robbery suspect being detained by a licensed armed citizen." I told him I was placing him under citizens arrest and not to move...which he wasnt with the barrel of my 45 pressed against the back of his neck.

As police arrived...i dropped and slid my weapon away, held up both hands with my CPL license in one of them and backed away. They viewed the security tape, got statements from the store clerk and myself, returned my firearm to me and I testified in court.

He got 5 to 10 in prison.
edit on 2-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

You would have to physically witness the person committing a crime, and the police would have to be there to witness the arrest. Better just to call the police if you think you've witnessed a crime...because if you're wrong, you would likely be charged with kidnapping and other related crimes against the person.

This is correct the only time you can try if you have were not present for a crime is if you know it who do it and it is a felony. So if you saw a video of a person doing something you could detain them but, if the crime turned out not be a felony you would be in trouble. And citizens arrest is really more you can detain someone for the police to arrest.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Right because rapes always happen where people can stand around watching.
Of course you're going to try and stop it. Legal right to stop it? No mention of moral obligation. What does this have to do with a citizens arrest?
You still need the police to witness the arrest otherwise it's just one citizen grappling with another.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

WTF?
The question is about citizens arrest.
Marxist? Are you quite well?
What I am is a democrat and Hillary supporter. You counter me by voting for the other guy.
Do not use your limited edu to try and define me. You'd be completely wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Citizen arrest is when you see someone doing a crime, you are legally allowed to physically restrain the person, until the police arrives. The details depend on the country you are living in. I find it a bit curious, you claim to be 100 years old but ask such a question?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join