It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Caught Bribing Flordia AG with Charity funds and Doctoring the Books to Cover it Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Kali74The alleged crime was bribing an official to drop an investigation of another alleged crime (defrauding students of Trump University).

Plus illegally contributing to a Political Campaign with charitable funds.
Filing false documents with the IRS indicating a contribution to a charity in its' place that never happened.

the IRS would has long ago filed a criminal complaint if this was anything other than a tax penalty.

The IRS didn't discover it, the press did...And just recently...

Where-upon when questioned about the false IRS filing by the press...Trump filed a revised declaration changing the name of the false contribution that never happened to the FL AG's political action committee...then Trump wrote a personal check to cover that contribution and they filed with a penalty of 2.5k explaining it away as an error.

Considering the IRS just became aware of it they are likely deciding now on if it qualifies as defrauding the IRS.

and Come on CNN? Cant get more biased.

I have provided links to not just CNN, But also Legal Documents, Politico, the AP, the Florida Sentinal with date ranges from today back to 2013 long before Trump was running.

The CNN is biased thing holds no water.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Indigo5

Cooked the books? for 25k?

He cooked the books to hide the payoff...the amount does not change the fact it was illegal.

He faked a charitable donation on IRS filings to a charity he never gave to..

Because it was illegal in multiple ways, not least of which was using charitable funds to payoff a politician.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Perhaps I am "projecting" as you like to suggest and I am falsely assuming that Trump defenders had a moral foundation to begin that superseded their political views.

It would be easier to dismiss Trump Supporters insane defense of his actions if I thought them fundamentally incapable of objectivity, logic or without morals..

But unfortunately for me, I know that not to be true.

That leaves me with no other conclusion than they are fully capable of assessing facts and evidence, but rather willfully mute their moral and logical reasoning centers in sacrifice for their political views.

All politics aside...that is a sad state of affairs for our populace.

Edit to Add: Though I regularly take heart in the masses of GOP voices across the spectrum that have publicly explained they cannot support Trump. That is about the only light I have found in this election cycle.

I feel the same way about the anti-Trump crowd, whom have turned into puritans of the political orthodoxy. As long as a candidate speaks in accordance with norms deemed "presidential", and the populace continues to lay prostrate before government public relations, the candidate can probably get away with murder so long as she doesn't say something the sanctimonious mob doesn't like. God forbid she says something wrong, though.

I think that's the sole difference between the pro-Trump and the anti-Trump crowd: actions, deeds, results speak louder than words for some, while for others, so long as it sounds good coming out of the mouth and doesn't offend their feelings, you can do no wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Trump cooked nothing. He was approached by the FL AG for a campaign contribution. He agreed and someone in his office while sending it made a mistake. IRS did not catch it. When brought to light he admitted there was a clerical error and paid the fine.

Nothing nefarious. Not at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well...if its settled then its settled. Its not an open case (for him, currently). The goings on were such that plausible deniability is firmly in place for him, which makes it a non-criminal matter.

Did I learn something new here about Donald Trump? Nope. I already knew he would pull fast ones when he could....he's swindled people for decades in the real estate world.

But does this make him a better candidate? Bigger "nope". Not at all.

Is this what the game is now, though? I have to pick the lesser evil, and we don't even pretend anymore? You'd like to think our POTUS is elected from the best/brightest in the land. This election is absolute proof to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
well...if its settled then its settled. Its not an open case (for him, currently). The goings on were such that plausible deniability is firmly in place for him, which makes it a non-criminal matter.

A Criminal Complaint has been filed two days ago in both NYC and Florida, summarizing the evidence for probable cause on Bribery Charges and requesting a Grand Jury investigation.

So it is very much a "Criminal Matter" with the outcome to be determined.

Is this what the game is now, though? I have to pick the lesser evil, and we don't even pretend anymore?

For much of the country, that is precisely the choice.

I believe when examining the evidence, HRC comes with baggage that warrants questioning, but Trump is measure of corruption and prideful immorality that simply disqualifies him.

It is not a choice of which one is without blemish..HRC comes with baggage... it is that Trump has failed to meet the low-bar of what is minimally acceptable as President in every way that matters. It is why prominent republicans with a conscience have refused to support him and many have grudgingly announced support for HRC as the only alternative.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Trump cooked nothing.

Nothing nefarious. Not at all.

I understand why you would state that with certainty.

I think anyone rationally examining the evidence would conclude otherwise.

With fresh Criminal Complaints on the matter just recently filed in the states of NY and FL and outlining probable cause evidence for an expedited Grand Jury investigation, I guess one of us will be proven wrong sometime in the next month or two.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

but ignore the $20 Million dollar campaign donation Clinton received from a foreign donor.

I don't think anyone is ignoring her, this just isn't a thread about Hillary. It seems as though Trump supporters are the ones doing what you're accusing others of doing. Just because Hillary does something doesn't mean Trump is above reproach.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Is this what the game is now, though? I have to pick the lesser evil, and we don't even pretend anymore? You'd like to think our POTUS is elected from the best/brightest in the land. This election is absolute proof to the contrary.

I'm seriously at the point of I don't care anymore.

Whatever happens happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I did look at it rationally as well as the IRS. He paid a fine. They investigated, right, and gave him a fine. Paid it. Case Closed.

Let's see what that grand jury says.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ever try to build a larger structure in New York without graft?
I WOULD LOVE to see you try.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I did look at it rationally as well as the IRS. He paid a fine. They investigated, right, and gave him a fine. Paid it. Case Closed.

They did not investigate.
He was outed in the newspapers as having filed the fraudulent return.
When that happened his attorneys advised him to file an amended/corrected return along with a check for penalties, declare it an error. They are trying to head off an IRS investigation.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Ever try to build a larger structure in New York without graft?
I WOULD LOVE to see you try.

Ever try to bribe an Attorney General to head off a class action lawsuit against your scam university where you scammed thousands of people out of Millions Dollars?
edit on 2-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This happened in March and had no traction and the MSM is bringing it back to counter the pay for play issues with the Clinton Foundation.

www.washingtonpost.com... 4-11e5-a61f-e9c95c06edca_story.html?tid=a_inl

And if you think the IRS has not investigated it since March you are deluded.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Pam Bondi should end up in jail for taking the bribe.

Pretty simple.

Shouldn't Trump also share the same fate? Pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

AND let's use YOUR play book ...HE WASN'T CONVICTED WAS HE?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes ,he should.
THEY all should.
But that would mean the downfall of the US government unless you know any serving heavenly angelic beings ( appearance NOT withstanding,here).

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

AND let's use YOUR play book ...HE WASN'T CONVICTED WAS HE?

Not yet, but the criminal complaint was only filed 2 days ago. Looks like a hell of a case though.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Who filed the criminal complaint?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Cool we'll see .

Unless it is completed in about 70 days, I think you are on a dead horse...but KEEP riding...
edit on 2-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join