It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Look at the reactions of everyone outside of the two people involved, how are they acting right before and after the punch? I see no one paying the black guy any attention until he gets sucker punched, I see them looking surprised after it happened though.

If the black guy was heckling anyone I would think he would have gotten a reaction from everyone BEFORE he was out cold on the pavement.

I think it is funny how you see a black guy whereas I just see a guy.

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I see what you're saying: two wrongs make a right. Maybe this will give some Muslims an excuse to start attacking random Christians on the streets. I mean this guy did attack a random Muslim so it's all good!

Weak argument. As far as we know this guy was just leaving work on his way home to his family, he hasn't cut anyone's head off, but since other people do, he deserved it. Right?

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree and I am not religious but I have to think watching your spiritual elderly leader have his throat slit while you were "opening yourself to God" a pretty scarring incident. I can understand the rage inside not condoning this but its pretty human.

I have to assume there was something else maybe he was ongoiningly bothering these folks? I dont know. Its not justified but i dont think it was premedidtated or came from anything but temporary emotional insanity reliving the events.

As for Christian. Not so much. The church needs to do a better job teaching meditation and self control in general. I grew up wrestling, Judo, and other MA. I have had people push my buttons and bring that rage up but have experience converting it and controlling adrenaline dumps. Adrenaline may as well be crack coc aine.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

I understand that many modern Muslims ignore the killing and chopping off of body parts instructions in the Quran as barbaric but maybe the time has come for an official reinterpretation.

What about this from the bible though?

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

"I understand that many modern Christians ignore the killing and chopping off body parts instructions in the Bible as barbaric but maybe time has come for an official interpretation."

You see, that argument can clearly go both ways.

Seriously? Never heard of Jesus?

Islam cannot be reformed and stay Islam.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think it's funny how you see a Muslim when I just see a guy walking down the street minding his own business apart from stopping for a few seconds to see what was going on.

You trying to turn this into something racial shows that you don't have a leg to stand on. I only mentioned his skin color to clarify who I was talking about.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
That chap who was assaulted did not have his music loud and only just got there in that clip and was watching what they were doing briefly till that idiot sucker punched him?

Are there any other videos of this as it looked an unprovoked assault

I would have restrained the one who assaulted that man very quickly

Wow, i had to scroll that far down to find a comment like that.

I watched it several times, the black guy did nothing bad. Maybe, maybe he asked what´s going on, but then you can see how he doesn´t know what´s happening(and why) when this "hero" sucker punches him. If the black guy would have said something bad, he wouldn´t be in that defensive stance that he was, he would have been more prepared for what´s coming, if he really had insulted those religious nuts before.

But it seems that nowadays, anywhere in the western world, it is enough to be not white skinned, not blonde haired, so that people can even celebrate a sucker punching a$$hole. It´s enough to "look like a muslim", if you are really one or not doesn´t care anymore.

That´s the same level as those terrorists low level.

What´s next? Hakenkreuz and Sieg Heil calls that are celebrated?

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Why not instead say that the man hitting the random black dude for...reasons..

If the guy had punched a white guy, would you be emphasizing the skin color?

In the west, white is the defacto color. using descriptors is common.

If this was in china, and it was a white dude walking behind a group of chinese, I would say "man hitting the random white dude".
Why? because the crime here could be religious motivation, racial motivation, etc...hense why it is said the group was praying and not just kneeling in the street..it is part of the story that may or may not have something to do with the outcome.

Bro, do you even investigate?

link   

Oh, you mean the same Jesus that supposedly told them to do that? Jesus is God of both Testaments isn't he?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

originally posted by: zosimov
I agree 100%, the only caveat I'd make is that, in Jesus's day, piety was considered a virtue. Nowadays, it is something to be ridiculed for.

Once upon a time, piety was just the fact of one being religious or reverent, something applied by an individual to her or him self.

Sadly, nowadays piety is more often a political/moral club used to denigrate those who the "pious" (usually self-described) disagree with / fear.

As with many words and concepts, the meaning of piety has changed. And not for the better.

All you would have to do is to read through some of the threads regarding religion on this very site and you will find it's quite the opposite. I have recently converted and a lot of people don't like that for whatever reason. I am a big advocate for live and let live but read through and you will find all sorts of people attacking me (and others) for our beliefs.

The "cake lady" is a reporter's dream because it perpetuates the narrative of "holier than thou" Christianity. What doesn't make the news is all of the good deeds done by Christians (I'm not saying that non-Christians don't do good things).

Remember the Charleston massacre? Remember that some of the families of the victims immediately came out forgiving the monster who had just murdered their loved ones at Bible Study? Or do you care to focus more on the loudest and least meek?

Edit: Not that I'm exactly surprised at the ridicule-- as a former non-Christian, I know how I used to feel (although I was never hateful about it) about Christians and the Bible. Also, Jesus did predict exactly this:

Matthew 5:10-12
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Nothing will happen that is not already known.
edit on 2-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

What´s next? Hakenkreuz and Sieg Heil calls that are celebrated?

Well, ATS staff will let fly a "Sieg Heil" at least there is no response what so ever to it, even not if you report it.
edit on 2-9-2016 by verschickter because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh, you mean the same Jesus that supposedly told them to do that? Jesus is God of both Testaments isn't he?

No. Jesus is not God. The God of vengeance is in the old Testament.

The bible was the code of conduct to prevent the Jews from slaughtering one another and providing a structure for a civilization, much like the Quran provided such for the desert tribes.

How was Islam started and why?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

a reply to: Dwoodward85

secondly if that was a group of Muslims and one of them knocked a christian out you'd be going nuts over it

Lets stick to what is in front of us shall we.

Well, we wish you had. Practice what you preach

I did but we obviously see it differently and that's ok.

Really. Then please answer why you think this guy is a muslim. Don't be a coward and avoid the question. Answer it

Insinuating that I am a coward is not a good way to illicit the preferred response from me and therefore I politely decline to answer you or respond to you any further for that matter.

LOL...just as i thought.

You LIED. Man up and apologise.
edit on 2-9-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree and I am not religious but I have to think watching your spiritual elderly leader have his throat slit while you were "opening yourself to God" a pretty scarring incident. I can understand the rage inside not condoning this but its pretty human.

I have to assume there was something else maybe he was ongoiningly bothering these folks? I dont know. Its not justified but i dont think it was premedidtated or came from anything but temporary emotional insanity reliving the events.

As for Christian. Not so much. The church needs to do a better job teaching meditation and self control in general. I grew up wrestling, Judo, and other MA. I have had people push my buttons and bring that rage up but have experience converting it and controlling adrenaline dumps. Adrenaline may as well be crack coc aine.

I get the anger at what happened to the priest. It makes my blood boil too, but there did not look to be any rationale for the attack in this video. Maybe the guy was doing something else off video?... but even if so it's a brutal way to solve a dispute and uncalled for.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I think you only pretend to see a "guy". I see a black guy and white people but I'm not putting any bias on anyone.
Nor do I have to pretend I did not realized he has a black skin. But the difference is, I don't project any prejudices.
No offense, but think about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I see what you're saying: two wrongs make a right. Maybe this will give some Muslims an excuse to start attacking random Christians on the streets. I mean this guy did attack a random Muslim so it's all good!

Weak argument. As far as we know this guy was just leaving work on his way home to his family, he hasn't cut anyone's head off, but since other people do, he deserved it. Right?

As much as the priest they were praying for did.

The people kept looking over his way while they were praying. If the article said music was loud, I can believe it.

Maybe he was in a group of friends being loud and said, "hey watch this!"

Lumpy saunters up behind them and stops, looking up and around like he was on holiday, pretending to be clueless to the 10 people kneeling in front of him on the street in front of the church where a priest was murdered by islamists.

Now lumpy gotta be one stupid mofo to stand there.

I wonder what the last thing he saw was before the lights went out.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You're the enlightened one, you tell me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think it's funny how you see a Muslim

Well umm yeah...that is what was reported which I choose to believe and you obviously do not.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Remember the Charleston massacre? Remember that some of the families of the victims immediately came out forgiving the monster who had just murdered their loved ones at Bible Study?

Indeed I do, and those folks are what Christianity is all about. They have integrity in their beliefs, with no indication of trying to use said beliefs to "prove" they are better than anybody else. Those folks have my utmost respect and admiration. I'm not sure I would be up to the challenge in the way they were and are.

Or do you care to focus more on the loudest and least meek?

No. I generally avoid religious discussions; too many people are unable to have a decent conversation about it. I am sorry that your conversion has resulted in you being abused here or anywhere, and I am happy for myself that I am not a part of such abuse.

I do, however, maintain my opinion that far too often these days, piety and religious beliefs are being used as weapons against others, not the insight and growth for ourselves that they are meant to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
angry little baldy was on a hair-trigger, itching to go off on someone. and did so. cheap shot.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I think you only pretend to see a "guy".

Your certainly entitled to your beliefs even if they are wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join