It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: GailNot
It was wrong for the man to interrupt their praying needlessly heckleing them like a bully. And it was wrong for the response of the Catholic.

Can you tell me at what spot in the video you see or hear the man 'heckling' anyone?

Or did you not watch it as well before you posted?

You're correct, I was just reading the comments. I did take the time to just watch it and does appear that the man walking by didn't even know what was going on. So I apologize about that statement about him. It does definitely appear that the man who attacked him was definitely NOT being heard by God. How can you go from praying to attacking someone like that?

I walk with music playing on my smartphone all the time, and would hope not to get attacked like that for doing so, offending someone I didn't intend to.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You're correct, I was just reading the comments. I did take the time to just watch it and does appear that the man walking by didn't even know what was going on. So I apologize about that statement about him. It does definitely appear that the man who attacked him was definitely NOT being heard by God. How can you go from praying to attacking someone like that?

I walk with music playing on my smartphone all the time, and would hope not to get attacked like that for doing so, offending someone I didn't intend to.

And this is how a rational person approaches the topic.

Thank you for correcting your view and being honest about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Had this not been on a video and blown out of proportion, how would it have been reported? Man assaulted at prayer vigil? Maybe the punchee made a comment we didn't hear. No one rented a truck and ran him down or chopped his head off in a mosque while shouting "aloha snackbar;" it was a simple punchout that is not a rarity on the planet and wouldn't even get a line in a newspaper.
It is probably time for the Muslims to have an analogue to Vatican II and have a Mecca II [or a Qom II, etc.] and reinterpret the Quran to eliminate all the "death to apostates" and similar "death to those who insult the Prophet, draw pictures of the Prophet, etc." This 7th century stuff has to cease and the jihadi mindset among the easily misled young males has to be changed. It will be difficult as the various factions are feuding and there is no single leader to make it happen. Islam, like Judaism and Christianity, has many splinter groups and subsets. The difference is that, in Islam, they are trying to kill one another rather than just argue about theology while thumping holy books.
Will Islam ever evolve from a code of conduct for desert nomads? Will Islam ever treat women as people rather than property? I understand that many modern Muslims ignore the killing and chopping off of body parts instructions in the Quran as barbaric but maybe the time has come for an official reinterpretation.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GailNot

It's good you finally watched it as the description for this video is bogus

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I certainly didn't see any heckling.

Please explain to me how it is an absolute that you can visibly see someone heckling. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it is not possible but an absolute I think not.

link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774
Because:

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
Just think for more then 30 sec before you respond

Take your own advices more serious, then, maybe. Next time just verify before you jump to conclusions served by a obviously biased source. The second you read it was a muslim, you should have asked yourself where that information came from. I'm sure the victim was not able to tell.

nor asked.
edit on 2-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well i see you didnt put much thought into my question ,thank you for that.

as to return the favor,

My answer to your question............maybe.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This is how you can determine if a person has the fruitage of God's holy spirit:

"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control." - Galatians 5:22,3.

It appears that neither side was applying it, thus neither side had it.

It was wrong for the man to interrupt their praying needlessly heckleing them like a bully. And it was wrong for the response of the Catholic.

I see no right thing being committed here.

Anyway Jesus said that when you pray to do it in secret, not out in the public where everyone can see you:

"“Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.  But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret." - Matthew 6:5, 6.

So I don't think the praying in public like that to get attention was condoned by Jesus to begin with.

Either way they are all hypocrites.

I agree 100%, the only caveat I'd make is that, in Jesus's day, piety was considered a virtue. Nowadays, it is something to be ridiculed for.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
snip...clear and concise points like this are far more likely to change my mind than those who just attack me because they do not agree with my stance.

Seems like politics have been weaponized and we are all too used to speaking past each other. Hopefully next year will be different.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I understand that many modern Muslims ignore the killing and chopping off of body parts instructions in the Quran as barbaric but maybe the time has come for an official reinterpretation.

What about this from the bible though?

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

"I understand that many modern Christians ignore the killing and chopping off body parts instructions in the Bible as barbaric but maybe time has come for an official interpretation."

You see, that argument can clearly go both ways.
edit on 9/2/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

a reply to: Dwoodward85

secondly if that was a group of Muslims and one of them knocked a christian out you'd be going nuts over it

Lets stick to what is in front of us shall we.

Well, we wish you had. Practice what you preach

I did but we obviously see it differently and that's ok.

Really. Then please answer why you think this guy is a muslim. Don't be a coward and avoid the question. Answer it

Insinuating that I am a coward is not a good way to illicit the preferred response from me and therefore I politely decline to answer you or respond to you any further for that matter.

link   
a reply to: verschickter

so just because some one is muslim i need to question sources?

sounds like racial bias to me.

link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
well i see you didnt put much thought into my question ,thank you for that.

as to return the favor,

My answer to your question............maybe.

Considering your own avowed off topic statement about what constitutes a sucker punch is not the topic of discussion and that the discussion is about the discrepancies in the narrative versus the video why would I bother to invest a serious amount of time?

But you can continue to be disingenuous and make half assed comments about people being a jerk and warranting a violent assault without having all the facts.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Geeze, it's not like Rocky ran him and his family down with a truck or cut his head off or something.

Altho, I bet he felt run over when he came to.

I bet the dude was an atheist if he wasn't muslim.

Well the whole thing is on YT and plenty of witnesses for the Gendarmes to question.

I haven't seen a punch like that since The Hangover! lol!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sorry, but no, no , no. You can't go around knocking people out that offend you. So what if a guy played his music loud? (I didn't actually even hear that on the video... I could hear them praying but no loud music).

The Muslim guy - if he even was Muslim - looked more inquisitive than anything else.

This act of violence was a disgrace and the thug who threw the punch should be in jail.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

No, itś radical bias to ASSUME. You don't know if he's muslim, or do you?
I`m christian by the way. Does this confuse you now?
edit on 2-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Look at the reactions of everyone outside of the two people involved, how are they acting right before and after the punch? I see no one paying the black guy any attention until he gets sucker punched, I see them looking surprised after it happened though.

If the black guy was heckling anyone I would think he would have gotten a reaction from everyone BEFORE he was out cold on the pavement.
edit on 9/2/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I agree 100%, the only caveat I'd make is that, in Jesus's day, piety was considered a virtue. Nowadays, it is something to be ridiculed for.

Once upon a time, piety was just the fact of one being religious or reverent, something applied by an individual to her or him self.

Sadly, nowadays piety is more often a political/moral club used to denigrate those who the "pious" (usually self-described) disagree with / fear.

As with many words and concepts, the meaning of piety has changed. And not for the better.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard

snip...clear and concise points like this are far more likely to change my mind than those who just attack me because they do not agree with my stance.

Seems like politics have been weaponized and we are all too used to speaking past each other. Hopefully next year will be different.

Agree wholeheartedly and I have seen too many times where people refuse to be friends with those they do not agree with. Instead they vilify and yell over top of them with a self justified sense of superiority "you don't think like I do so your a bad person and eff you" is all too common of a sentiment these days I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"I understand that many modern Christians ignore the killing and chopping off body parts instructions in the Bible as barbaric but maybe time has come for an official interpretation."

You see, that argument can clearly go both ways.

I'm sorry, but let's clarify something. The New Testament is exactly that.. a new set of laws that Jesus revealed and that we are commanded to follow. Now, Christians are followers of Christ.. and believers in the New Testament. You will not find any advocation for violence in the New Testament-- the very opposite, in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join