It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

nyone who feels what he did was warranted is a hypocritical Christian.

Well I'm not a Christian though so...I guess I'm free to criticize any and all religion without being a hypocrite and it just so happens that today I felt like sharing this. Nothing deeper or more meaningful than that I'm afraid

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This was totaly uncalled for!! He should have confronted him in a calm way, they poor guy did not even know what was happening, regardless what religion he attends.

I distance myself from such behavior, this is not our way.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Well I'm not a Christian though so...I guess I'm free to criticize any and all religion without being a hypocrite and it just so happens that today I felt like sharing this. Nothing deeper or more meaningful than that I'm afraid

Fine, in your case then, since you are not a Christian, I think you are a violence mongering aggrandizer.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow, the guy who threw the punch is a DISGRACE! Christian or not, he's a piece of # and should be charged with assault.

That was totally unwarranted, the guy just walks up playing music (supposedly, I don't hear any) and less than 2 seconds later he's face down on the pavement getting dragged off.

How can anyone justify this crap? The guy barely even had a chance to stand there before he was knocked out.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
Do you mean the thing about "an eye for an eye"?

Some people don't seem to understand anything else, so you have to first get their attention.

1) No, old testament Messianic law ("eye for an eye") was not my inspiration behind the post.

2) Getting peoples compliance/attention through violence is an old tactic..one which lead to the extremist.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

i dont think he was referring to," hey if your enemy is doing his enemy thing. turn the other cheek and just let him do it."

i always thought it meant, "hey if your enemy is doing his enemy thing. turn the other cheek and prepare to defend."

that was always my interpretation anyway.

don't know how its relevant to this story.

i dont think music is a reason to fight, i dont even think interrupting prayer is a reason to fight.

none the less it is fun to see jerks get there comeuppance.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How can anyone justify this crap?

Islamophobia and racism. The SUGGESTION that someone might be a Muslim is enough to defend the grossest violence against him! And the fact that he's black, well, just adds more justification.

I'm going over to Stormfront.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I looked for something, but didn't see anything he did wrong. If he had not been so obviously knocked out cold, I would have thought it was a set up.

But considering what happened to that priest in that location, I guess they were all stressed, upset, angry, and maybe a little trigger happy. The article says their group is not recognized by the Church.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
none the less it is fun to see jerks get there comeuppance.

So being that you do not think playing music or interrupting prayer is a reason to get sucker punched what did this man do to warrant 'his comeuppance'?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The sad part is...that if he had just kept praying and waited a few seconds more...a lightning bolt would've zapped the rude guy.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm going over to Stormfront.

You will not gain admittance Fraulein, your papers are not in order.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He prob could be charged but its a little short sighted to think he isnt a human. The atrocity is prob one of the worst things I can imagine observing. Going to a place of worship, putting down your guard to pray to what you believe god is and then watching your spiritual leader (elderly) get his throat slit.

So I can undersrand the amount of emotions there. Its not that I dont blame him but its not just like he snapped and did this he was caught in the moment while praying for a man cut down in front of him.

I do blame anyone using this as propaganda. Its gross. If anyrhing the man needs some come to jesus talks. A little guidance to convert the rage into productive work.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Well that is not what happened so please refrain form speculating as to how I would or would not react to anything.

What you posted didn't happen either!
There's NO indication the assaulted man was Muslim.
There's NO indication the assaulted man was playing music.
There's NO indication the assaulted man was there to disrupt the prayer.
There's NO indication the assaulted man said anything.

There IS proof that the so-called "Christian" man got up and docked another man. Without speculation, that's all you've got.

"Please refrain from speculating", indeed!

Again because you and others clearly do not understand my stance. I posted the title as I found it and a link to the article followed by a quote from the article. Difference between how you and I feel about it is that I choose to believe the narrative in the article whereas you do not. I take this stance because I understand that in most cases like this the information in the article usually comes form witness accounts and whatever info is contained within the police report.

Believe or don't believe I don't care either way but stop making it sound like I just made this up for the sake of making it up. Some of you are just too sensitive for your own good and quick to vilify someone that you do not agree with.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Simply another petulant provocateur post trying to raise the hackles of forum members by causing division.

*** warning*** Mud Pit ahead........ no stars or flags!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Fine, in your case then, since you are not a Christian, I think you are a violence mongering aggrandizer.

Fair enough and...stop me then or not.

link   

Some of you are just too sensitive for your own good and quick to vilify someone that you do not agree with.

I know, right! Cause vilifying violence is such a bad thing.

*twirls finger next to temple*

link   

Fair enough and...stop me then or not.

Stop you doing what?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

he was being a jerk on purpose, i would not fight him for it, but i see why someone would.

off topic

and are not all punches sucker punches? think about it

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Well reread your OP. Its blatenly obvious what your take is.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
he was being a jerk on purpose, i would not fight him for it, but i see why someone would.

Really? In that two second encounter what exactly did you hear or see that demonstrated the man who got attacked being a jerk?

edit on 2-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join