It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21201282]Boadicea[/post

Thank you for posting and showing the true and compassionate side of Christianity

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It is from a place of ignorance that one would subscribe the actions of one (and a few loud supporters) to the 2.2 billion followers of Christ.

However, we have seen the true ugly nature of humanity, bigotry in all forms, on this thread, and in that sense (and that sense only) you are correct sir.

Edit: My upmost apologies for mistaking your sincerity for sarcasm. I was totally wrong and have been humbled. This thread is the most frustrating thing I've read in a while.
edit on 3-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You can hardly paint all Christians with the same brush, just as you can't with Muslims.

What is absolutely disgusting is the sociopath ATS members who condone what happened in the OP video.
FFS what, I thought I was at Stormfront reading some of the replies...and I only ever go there to troll and be quickly banned.

Nothing...that is nothing, to be sure, could justify that sniped attack on that poor man.
It's #ing shameful that anyone could ever suggest it was justified.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicuswell at least this christian was not folowing old testament like alot of baptists do an eye for an eye a head for a head. i personally think its a wrong move to close the church because some fanatic killed a priest there i feel the proper course would be to open it back up and let it be known far and wide that we won't be scared by you and besure to have some members of congregation armed so next time a different out come there will be.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
As a Christian, that makes me cringe. As a mother, it hurts my heart. As a person, it infuriates me.

That was a chicken# sucker punch by a sorry ass bully. I don't care if the guy was blasting the Muslim call to prayer at full volume and screaming every bad name in the book at them, unless and until that man posed a physical threat, there was no good reason to use physical force -- much less such brutal violence. None. Period.

And this thread perfectly exemplifies the good, the bad, and the fugly on ATS.

From the time the man comes into the picture until he's coldcocked by that pathetic excuse of a Christian is all of two seconds -- two seconds!!! -- and he did absolutely nothing during that time to provoke nor deserve it. There is absolutely nothing indicating that he is any religion, including Muslim, and even if there were, it's still no excuse for violence. And sure as hell not in God's name!!!

And no, I'll be damned by God Himself before I condemn one Muslim for the acts of others... just like I sure don't want to be condemned as a Christian for the act of this sorry excuse for a human.

Deny ignorance? Ha. For some, this thread has been an orgy of ignorance. Yuk. I need to go take a shower.

Great post.

The attacker belongs to a group of radical Christians who want to reform France and other secular societies via the 'sword'.
The attacker in this video is definitely not a representative of Christianity, and i hope people don't think he is, or tarnish your religion because of it. This also goes with Islam or any other religion, and it is disappointing to see so few people consider this. This thread is an example of that, but it's good to see that decent people like yourself and others i have already mentioned, continue to participate. It makes the site a more tolerable place to visit.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You're welcome for whatever it's worth. I really don't feel like it was a very Christian response though... I probably could have and should have done better.

And I was remiss in not adding you to my thank you for those fighting the good fight. I do remember your posts now. So my apologies AND big thanks.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

France has had nothing less than a soft invasion by a mostly intolerant group. When push come to shove they will back extremism . To this I am referring to Islam.
When we go to zoos to observe the animals do they put the lions in with the tigers? No they do not. I believe the people of Europe are fed up and you just saw the tip of the iceberg. Any more violence against Christianity by muslims there will be hell to pay. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The attacker belongs to a group of radical Christians who want to reform France and other secular societies via the 'sword'.

Yes, I saw that -- thank you. I wanted to see for myself, so I actually followed all the links and tracked the story down and even had the original French source translated.... I don't even know why they call themselves "Christians." That's not what Jesus taught.

The attacker in this video is definitely not a representative of Christianity, and i hope people don't think he is, or tarnish your religion because of it. This also goes with Islam or any other religion, and it is disappointing to see so few people consider this.

It really is sad. I would hope he wouldn't be considered representative of Christianity... but with so many "Christians" applauding his "Christian" violence, I sure can't blame anyone for doing so.

I just know this crap isn't representative of Jesus and therefore isn't my Christianity.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: imsoconfused
What was it his daddy said about worshiping false idols?

Who cares.

People like you are why people like me do not like organized religion.

Lol Uhm You have me all wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2016 by 00018GE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Islam is a cult of death. How many people did Jesus murder?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
Islam is a cult of death. How many people did Jesus murder?

That depends. If you believe "Jesus is God" then the answer would be, everyone apart from a single family.

Also, I'm guessing you think the guy is a Muslim. Do you have any evidence of that, apart from the colour of his skin and what someone on YouTube said?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Who gives a # what religion the victim was, I don't believe in # all and even I can see the attacker was a sociopathic #.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: TerryDon79

Who gives a # what religion the victim was, I don't believe in # all and even I can see the attacker was a sociopathic #.

That would be everyone who has called him a "Muslim".

To me, a dick was being a dick and decked someone.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

I'm pretty sure the God of the Bible orders quite a few people to die. Besides, all of the deaths and genocides committed by Christian "God-Loving" states - I'm thinking the Crusades, Christopher Columbus, attacks on pagans once Catholicism was made legal, Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, the expulsion of Jews from England. I wonder if you could give me an estimation of all of the people who died in these Christian/Catholic events?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Well if this is due to him being an ass*ole then yeah he deserves it. I do not agree anyone should resort to violence but when you are pushed to the edge over many days and weeks (we have no idea how long the man who punched him dealt with such annoyances) does drive you to need to silence that annoyance with violence. However un-violent a person you may be.

Muslims in general are getting away with murder, literally and everything else. We are not even talking extremists anymore, we are talking everyday muslims who think now they have some protective layer over their heads and its not ok. They while in England are entitled to nothing. If you want to revert the slow and increasing hatred from western society towards muslims in general then muslims themselves need to stand up on tv, in the media, in their own country and say enough is enough. But muslims are not doing this, SO that and that alone shows they love it. They love seeing their faith rolling all over the place in violent ways and non caring nature for others.

On Sept. 11, there was 2.3 million Arab Muslims in the United States. It took 19 hijackers, 19 radicals, to bring the United States to its knees … the peaceful majority were irrelevant!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hate begets hate begets hate begets hate.. all too clear that hated and fear abound.

Do you blame the law when someone breaks it? Or do you blame the transgressor?

Matthew 5:39-44

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Christians, do your upmost to follow Christ's commands. As you see, there are many who choose to sully Christ's name through your actions/words/deeds. Be a blessing to those you encounter- let your light shine for all to see! Peace to everyone reading this.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The alt right on this site need to be ctr alt deleted

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Turn the other cheek was for NON LIFE THREATENING SITUATIONS ALONE. The man who was assaulted could had defended himself rightly.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The title should be.

Christian extremist viciously attacks black man for no reason at all.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join