It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They still do those fights you can watch them on you tube.

I have been in combat sports for about 30 years. Punching brick wall story is nice and things like that are possible with the right speed but they are not normal.

You dont see it in bare knuckle boxing because if you put your head down and the person punches the top of your head you break your hand. Bare knuckle boxing was big at the turn of the century so... Infact that was the only kind of boxing. You threw punches in bunches to avoid breaking your hand.

Also Kyokyshin karate is full contact no punches to the head. You can kick the head. No punches. To protect the hands of the fighter. Not many people tougher than the japanese pound for pound especially when Oyama invented it.

Ufc gloves are made to protect the hands, wrist wraps to protect the wrists in boxing, mma, kickboxing, combat sambo, pancrase, etc.

Open hand and palm techniques just as poweful less chance of hand breaks slightly shorter length.

If you know how to punch and can punch hard you have a very high chance of breaking your hand. Its just simple math at the point, the bones in the hand arent strong enough to hold up to your hips, back, and arm muscle strength. That was a very hard punch. He also through it over the top which without wraps is fairly hard to keep your wrist strait. He did it but he definitely ran a high risk of breaking his hand somewhere.

Any fighter will tell you this who trains and can throw a punch.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: luthier
Its both.

I disagree. I see no reason why a modern, democratic, secular society needs to cater, adopt or pander to a religion of violence, or else fear what may happen if they do not.

But lets not deny whats going on with some muslims in host countries either. That doesnt mean the far right hasnt found a way to manipulate a neonazi agenda. There is no solutions without bringing muslims to the table. Otherwise lets just get on with the holy war.

We do not need to bring to the table, any group of draconian savages who believe someone flew to heaven on a winged horse, or that their afterlife will reward them with virgins.

There is zero space or need for people like that in our western culture. So instead of coming to my country, complaining, moaning and threatening violence when their 800 year old way of life is not 'respected', why no sod off to a Muslim country that DOES admonish those beliefs?

Oh yeh. I forgot. They HATE being told what to do by a group of people in authority.

Hmm. Funny that.

So i guess that leaves out people who think a guy rose from the dead and ascended to heaven in a beam of light or is that somehow more rational then a winged horse?

We have two choices: start the holy war or bring the moderates to the table and help promote that ideology the same way the crazy ass christians had to have a come to jesus in Luthers time.

Or ignore it and let society crumble and have bombs going off and crazy religious fanatics create a society of fear and violence.

Personally I wish to buy an island where religion is banned and live there in peace let the fanatics kill each other and come back when they are gone.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thats why you have striking blocks, or what ever is clever to strengthen your hand. Its supposed to break, and heal stronger.

Its just a matter of small breaks and fractures VS a big one during a fight.

I had a sensei who would punch rocks with moss on them. He wasnt super human, but after years of pain and more pain, he started breaking those rocks.

You get what you put in.

I am a big fan of elbow and fore arm strikes though. Back knuckle too.

Back knuckle....its more natural. More like our primate cousins.

edit on 9 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I may be wrong here, so forgive me, but aren't Christians "human' also?

It was a human response.

Right/wrong?

that's for others to judge.

imho

The point of Christianity (and other religions for that matter), is to hold yourself to a moral code above that of merely being human.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I too "follow" a non western religion (but it's not Islam). Does that mean there's no room for me either because I don't believe in your God?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Sure they help. However a karate punch is not nearly the same force or angles. Its about timing and leaping in with your whole body as your opponent moves forward. It gives you a much better chance of keeping your wrist, arm, and hand aligned.

Also this is Japanese karate i am talking about not breaking brittle boards or whatever. Kyokushin is no joke. In combat you dont have the time to breath and make sure you have perfect form. Mas Oyama who i will put up against anyones karate sensei used to ko bulls (sicko) but still would break his hand sometimes.

There is a huge difference from dojo karate to actual fighting. I would need 4 hands to count how many times somebody had some kind of death blow that wouldnt do jack in reality without timing and accuracy. Which in a fight is a different animal.

Your pretty much calling every boxer, kick boxer, muay thai, mma guy a wimp. If it worked so well they would do it. The old style of thai boxing still used wrist wraps in the form of rope.

Ps a backhanded or spinning backfist is prob the best way ro break your hand.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop by and congratulate the OP for a job well done...you have successfully inspired more hate and intolerance you should be proud of yourself....

All you knuckleheads that condone this assault should really get a grip....even if this fellah was being a nuisance there are better ways of dealing with it than sucker punching him......

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I may be wrong here, so forgive me, but aren't Christians "human' also?

It was a human response.

Right/wrong?

that's for others to judge.

imho

The point of Christianity (and other religions for that matter), is to hold yourself to a moral code above that of merely being human.

Let me know when a human finally becomes more than human.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

its funny, where I was taught most of the martial arts I know, we were a mixed system that followed Mas Oyama among others.

Our founder sensei, was also sifu (credited in China) He kept a portrait of Mas Oyama and some of his teachings prominantly displayed.

It was a mixed system our founder developed called san ken ryu, the three fisted way.

Shorin ryu, goju ryu, and shotokan were the core influence. It was MMA ahead of its time.

We honored Okinawan masters as well as studied kung fu from all over the world.

I AM NOT calling anyone a wimp. I know the difference between being trained for self defence VS being trained to fight people who are trained to fight.

It does work well, I never said it had to be bare knuckled, though some calluses and dead nerve endings help.

I used to wrap my fists while the knuckles healed when I used to train. I am not that tough.

I did mention that you can use traditional striking blocks, as in a chunk of wood with slight cuts to allow flux that will NEVER break, but will make your elbows and fists like stone....after a few years. Not BREAKING boards, STRIKING BLOCKS.

It works, sure does. But who sits for years punching a block of wood until their hands are bloody? You cant go out and make a name for yourself or risk your career then while you are healing now can you?

A master does....thats who. Compared to ANY systems true masters, yes...everyone you mentioned are all pussies. I guess you are right.

Now I said it.

PS, spinning anything or high kicking anything is the best way to get your foot caught and your testicles ruptured, or a rib broken. Thats american centric fighting styles. We watch too many movies. A back fist can be effective if you are STRONG, no spin necesary.

edit on 9 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Interesting is the information on the link you provided. I think it would be very interesting to profile their traits, mindsets, upbringing etc. Are or were they considered warlike down through the ages, easily accepting of others, closed society, how do they perceive themselves, women/female children vs males, and their place in the world/community/family dynamics. Do/did they cherish family, heritage, education? What ranks as most important? Take those findings and compare culture to culture. It would take a lot of time and heck of a computer program, but personally, I would LOVE to see the findings! I have a few sneaking suspicions, whether validated or not. It might answer a whole lot of questions and maybe give a lot of insight into what we're all about as humans. I can also see how information like that could be just a tad dangerous too!

Justa thought....

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: windword

That was uncalled for! Peaceful Christians eh? Not so much!

lol...One guy punches a hate monger and now "Christians" aren't peaceful. Yet Muslims are waging war across the planet on a daily basis and that's a tiny minority of a religion of peace.

And let's not forget they were praying for a priest who was beheaded by a muslim.

Up until this point in the thread (as far as I am reading it) no one has pointed out that a priest was beheaded by a muslim, so why wouldn't the guy have some built up anger towards muslims, then for one to walk up on their prayer... whatya expect to happen?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You know what's even crazier? Remember when those two Muslims tried to murder people at the Draw Mohammed contest? All the people here right now defending the guy who got punched, wete claiming that the people who draw Mohammed were asking for it. What's with these completely contradictory positions?

What do those idiots have to do with this guy? Or is it just hes guilty just for being muslim? Is it not possible to be outraged by both scenarios? The muslims threatening the people who drew Mo are terrible people. As is our french thug here. The two are not mutually exclusive. How can you not see this?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Religion. Turns human beings into mindless thugs and/or atrocity seeking glory hunters. Since when are religionists entitled to punch someone on a public byway? Noise is an element of the public byways, so if they wanted quiet they should have stayed and prayed in one of the many churches dotted around Paris.

That Christian thug needs to be arrested, charged, and locked up for that attack.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

this was basically like that SJW video

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

You know what's even crazier? Remember when those two Muslims tried to murder people at the Draw Mohammed contest? All the people here right now defending the guy who got punched, wete claiming that the people who draw Mohammed were asking for it. What's with these completely contradictory positions?

What do those idiots have to do with this guy? Or is it just hes guilty just for being muslim? Is it not possible to be outraged by both scenarios? The muslims threatening the people who drew Mo are terrible people. As is our french thug here. The two are not mutually exclusive. How can you not see this?

Are all who defend the idiocy of not being permitted to draw Mohammed under pain of death, idiots? Can I make a Mohammed cartoon or insult him in writing without some idiot trying to kill me?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Helluva a punch. Life is contextual.....there is grown folks over there that can sort it all out......I'm sure more facts will come out in the days to come......

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What part of Islam is not extreme?

The same question could be asked about christianity. Religious fanaticism, intolerance and hatred know no boundaries.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Really? I could be wrong so feel free to correct me but I am fairly certain that the J-Man said 'turn the other cheek' not 'slug the guy in his'.

The guy never hit him, why would he turn the other cheek.

Jesus never had any comments on noise infractions.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

Hooray If it is ok to hit folk for disturbing them imagine the kicking they will get at the nearest church to me...ringing bells all night every quarter of an hour : D

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Personally I wish to buy an island where religion is banned and live there in peace let the fanatics kill each other and come back when they are gone.

So, you inviting the Bolsheviks, or not?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join