It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Chill ATS. We don't know the backstory. He could've known that guy he punched. Maybe he'd been walking around antogonizing them prior.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Brutal shot.

It looks as though the catholic man was looking in that general direction previous to the violence, maybe at the victim off camera, but there appears to be no visible nor audible provocation from the victim. Even if the music was too loud, that is no reason for violent reaction.

The guy who got his ass kicked leaned down and said something just before the other guy stood up. I wonder what he said that prompted the Christian to go all imperfect on him?

Could it be that he reminded him that Jesus said to pray in private?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

He did know him. That's why he kept looking to his left during prayer. He was waiting for him to come back

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thats what i said.

It doesnt excuse the high fives for the video that was presented though.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
Translation:
I have a friend who witnessed the scene, and indeed the guy who gets hit caused several days those who pray in front of the Santa Rita church. Insulting or making a racket express with music , hence the potato it takes because he comes back.

By the looks of it, he had it coming.

So some guy on YouTube said so, must be true.

Even if it was the crazy nutbar is still not justified in violently attacking someone.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Brutal shot.

It looks as though the catholic man was looking in that general direction previous to the violence, maybe at the victim off camera, but there appears to be no visible nor audible provocation from the victim. Even if the music was too loud, that is no reason for violent reaction.

The guy who got his ass kicked leaned down and said something just before the other guy stood up. I wonder what he said that prompted the Christian to go all imperfect on him?

Could it be that he reminded him that Jesus said to pray in private?

Yeah that must've been it lol. You people are something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Jonjonj

Its illegal to pray on the street in France.

There is no religious freedom.

Its an extremely secular country that tries to prevent this exact idiocracy.

Right or wrong.

I know it is illegal. As far as I remember in fact it was made illegal due to mainly Muslims street praying after they had no room in the mosques and started doing it in the streets. That was not really the point I was making.

My point was more related to what I saw in the video. The instant reaction and violence seemed to be a "shoot first ask questions later" response to me.

edit on 2-9-2016 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK. I have just read through 14 pages of potential trolling.

We are missing one vital ingredient in the Video ....... the purported "Music", therefore we are missing the CONTEXT.

Scenario One. There was no music = Mr Bearded Praying Man is a Psycho

Scenario Two. There was music "Muslim Call To Prayer", and it got louder as "Mr Victim" approached, then stood there, that makes "Mr Victim" an antagonist idiot who deserved a SLAP, perhaps not a Haymaker but certainly a SLAP.

Without evidence of the MUSIC no further comment can be made, it is what it is and can be looked at from both sides of the coin.

My 2p

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

How dare you come into a thread and be all rational and stuff.

Where's your hyperbole man?
edit on 292016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing such an uplifting, inspiring example of christianity.

The world needs more brave and gifted souls like this one. People who are able to accurately identify Muslims among all the other pedestrians on a public street, just by looking at them? Imagine the lives that would be saved if everyone could do this.

People who just somehow know that these Muslims don't listen to music for enjoyment; they don't turn up the volume on a song simply because they like it...they just keep a playlist on hand for those moments when they need to interrupt a protest being held out in public where many people tend to walk around regularly with various electronics making many various loud noises...uncanny.

We need more of these peaceful, loving and forgiving christians, who aren't afraid to defy the teachings of their church and brutally sucker-punch their fellow human beings based on absolutely nothing but their own emotionally-driven assumption. We need these brave holy warriors who don't hesitate to throw caution and basic common sense to the wind to attack a pedestrian in front of a church and give him the bare-knuckle smackdown for Jesus.

Unfortunately, brutally attacking and beating the sh!t out of another human being for any reason other than self defense in this country is frowned upon. People start tossing around words like "aggravated" and "assault" and pretty soon somebody ends up in an orange jumpsuit desperately clutching a bar of soap. I guess we'll just have to cheer on their valiant efforts from afar. Bummer.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Translation:
I have a friend who witnessed the scene, and indeed the guy who gets hit caused several days those who pray in front of the Santa Rita church. Insulting or making a racket express with music , hence the potato it takes because he comes back.

By the looks of it, he had it coming.

So some guy on YouTube said so, must be true.

Even if it was the crazy nutbar is still not justified in violently attacking someone.

Well I would certainly give a french speaker the benefit of the doubt rather than just believing random voices of speculation. I don't believe people (Christian or not) would just jump up an KO someone. Especially in a setting like this. And this is just my personal opinion; I think weaponless assault is sometimes warranted. I truly believe sometimes a punch in the face is a remarkable deterrent to prevent escalations. If someone was harassing your wife for example, it wouldn't be frowned on if you took him out. If someone knew 100% they 'could' be legally ko'd for being a jerk, chances are we might see less bullies in the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Jonjonj

Its illegal to pray on the street in France.

There is no religious freedom.

Its an extremely secular country that tries to prevent this exact idiocracy.

Right or wrong.

I know it is illegal. As far as I remember in fact it was made illegal due to mainly Muslims street praying after they had no room in the mosques and started doing it in the streets. That was not really the point I was making.

My point was more related to what I saw in the video. The instant reaction and violence seemed to be a "shoot first ask questions later" response to me.

Sure was.

I look at it like this:

Its possible this guy was in a church pew with his family when the preist was brutally murdered in front of them, the whole media frenzy, as well as the attacks in france, and the closure of the church could have made this guy just pop. He had enough, lost his mind and smashed the guy. Maybe had ptsd, a divorce who knows.

I was a bouncer, wrestler, judoka, and did some kick boxing so a punch in the face its not the end of the world in my opinion, if this guy was antagonizing in some way. I think its still bad but fights happen all the time, juat look at the sikhs throwing swords at each other, or a bar fight.

The real issue to me is the use of this as propaganda for the far right and for a victory lap.

Especially without any info but this video which shows an innocent man getting sucker punched. Maybe more was going on bit like the first part of the post its irrelavant. Its the use of the video for christian pride that worries and bothers me.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

LOL
its early Friday, not enough wine yet

2nd

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: TerryDon79

LOL
its early Friday, not enough wine yet

2nd

Enjoy your wine!

Just don't forget to come back later and hyperbole up the place

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He did know him. That's why he kept looking to his left during prayer. He was waiting for him to come back

Looking to his left as the "music" approached perhaps? we don't hear it on the video so can't say

2nd

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well I would certainly give a french speaker the benefit of the doubt rather than just believing random voices of speculation.

So just because he posted in French he has more credibility?

I don't believe people (Christian or not) would just jump up an KO someone.

Why? They are a militant Catholic fringe group.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

According to a witness he had been harassing them for days. Music may have not been a factor in this video but the fact he came back again. Plus he said something which set the guy off.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So we agree really, the video seems to show a "policy change" for Christians in that they will defend themselves and fight back.

That was what I took from this video, about this particular group of people.

The use or misuse of the video is not something I feel qualified to talk about, but it does seem as if this is propaganda that has somehow been misappropriated.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well your narrative is he just assaulted someone for no good reason. Is that all? Any theory? At least someone claiming to be a witness gives an account which is a little more believable. The guy was harassing them for days.

link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Yeah these guys keep ignoring that the guy who punched the other guy, had his back turned and was praying. He would not have even known the guy was there unless he said something. But you won't get them to admit that.
edit on 2-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join