It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
- All people should have the right to legally protest and worship according to their beliefs
- That (if real) there is NO excuse for the assault which took place on the video
- That (extremist nutcase...or not)...the French babe in the front row, on her knees and wearing the business suit, is hot

Agreed.

Thread level closure = Master.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

first off, making a public performance out of your devotion is not christian. there is a selection in matthew on that subject. second, i didnt notice a part where there was muslim music playing at full volume nor where a muslim was intimidating the vigil. all i saw was a guy deciding to swing on another guy of a darker skin tone. which brings me to my third point: where in the bible is physical violence recommended in the event that a person of darker skin tone randomly checks out your vigil? judging by the reactions of the two or three people he passed before coming to a brief stop, there was nothing remarkable about him at all...until the guy kneeling decides to take out his aggression in a most jesus-approved manner.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Thats the corner that makes a rat out of us.

Dont worry. The gasps and disgust get drowned out by life eventually.

We will learn.

edit on 9 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Did you not hear about the 52nd commandment?

"Though shalt decketh anyone you don't liketh"

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Another Jesus expert.

Jesus beat the skittles out of the money changers in the temple......with a whip.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Its nothing compared to that other "holy" book that says you can cutteth the head off anyone you don't liketh.

Folks that go into Churches and cut folks heads off, go into night clubs and Christmas parties to gun down dozens, should always be on notice like this. You may see the dark side of J-Man......the one who will, it is said, break the nations with a rod of iron, shatter earthly authority systems ect and the blood will be as deep as a horses bridle.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

first off, making a public performance out of your devotion is not christian. there is a selection in matthew on that subject. second, i didnt notice a part where there was muslim music playing at full volume nor where a muslim was intimidating the vigil. all i saw was a guy deciding to swing on another guy of a darker skin tone. which brings me to my third point: where in the bible is physical violence recommended in the event that a person of darker skin tone randomly checks out your vigil? judging by the reactions of the two or three people he passed before coming to a brief stop, there was nothing remarkable about him at all...until the guy kneeling decides to take out his aggression in a most jesus-approved manner.

Old slugger is going to hell... well, if there were a hell he'd be going.
That's the ridiculous irony in all of this.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Jesus told us to survive the death of our spirit.

Not to be any particualar and modern way of being.

His message was not temporal or hinged to our passing and fickle interpretations of "acceptable" or cool.

EDIT TO ADD:
He was also just a man, and we are not just animals, though we are no less so because of any noble ideas rattling around in our minds.

edit on 9 2 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Its nothing compared to that other "holy" book that says you can cutteth the head off anyone you don't liketh.

That's NOTHING compared to the other book that praises murder of a few billion people and saves a single family with some pets on a boat.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Another Jesus expert.

Jesus beat the skittles out of the money changers in the temple......with a whip.

Jesus had a whip? Are you sure it wasn't a palm frond?...those things can really hurt if they get you in the eye.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Jesus had a whip? Are you sure it wasn't a palm frond?...those things can really hurt if they get you in the eye.

We got tossed out of church once because my brother was poking some women in the ear with his palm frond two pews up from us.

edit on 2-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Another Jesus expert.

It was actually a riding crop... that worldly Mary Magdalene taught him a few things.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll have to remember that...next time someone drags me to church.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That or chugging all the sacramental wine, which was his other trick.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That or chugging all the sacramental wine, which was his other trick.

I always bring my own bottle to church.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You shouldn't wade out in water over your head. If you cant see whats going on with this thread here just demure.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
he was being a jerk on purpose, i would not fight him for it, but i see why someone would.

Really? In that two second encounter what exactly did you hear or see that demonstrated the man who got attacked being a jerk?

A comment on youtube:
J'ai un ami qui fut témoin de la scène et en effet le mec qui se fait frapper provoquait depuis plusieurs jours ceux qui prient devant l'église Sainte-Rita. En insultant ou en faisant un boucan exprès avec de la musique, d'où la patate qu'il se prend du fait qu'il revienne.

Translation:
I have a friend who witnessed the scene, and indeed the guy who gets hit caused several days those who pray in front of the Santa Rita church. Insulting or making a racket express with music , hence the potato it takes because he comes back.

By the looks of it, he had it coming. I don't think anyone would typically get up and cold cock someone without a good reason. What everyone is seeing is the final few seconds of what appears to have been on-going instigation. The Muslim doesn't seem to have any music in this video but that doesn't mean he wasn't doing it before. And if I were to believe the witness then it's clear the guy wasn't coming back for a hail Mary but instead got himself a haymaker. In which case, Bravo!
edit on 2-9-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's NOTHING compared to the other book that praises murder of a few billion people and saves a single family with some pets on a boat.

Yea but now you are not dealing with a street puncher but God himself.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yea but now you are not dealing with a street puncher but God himself.

I thought we we're "made in his image"? And people wonder why Christians are violent and unaccepting of others. Your "god" was the most hypocrites and unaccepting thing there was. According to your books, that is.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
he was being a jerk on purpose, i would not fight him for it, but i see why someone would.

Really? In that two second encounter what exactly did you hear or see that demonstrated the man who got attacked being a jerk?

A comment on youtube:
J'ai un ami qui fut témoin de la scène et en effet le mec qui se fait frapper provoquait depuis plusieurs jours ceux qui prient devant l'église Sainte-Rita. En insultant ou en faisant un boucan exprès avec de la musique, d'où la patate qu'il se prend du fait qu'il revienne.

Translation:
I have a friend who witnessed the scene, and indeed the guy who gets hit caused several days those who pray in front of the Santa Rita church. Insulting or making a racket express with music , hence the potato it takes because he comes back.

By the looks of it, he had it coming. I don't think anyone would typically get up and cold cock someone without a good reason. What everyone is seeing is the final few seconds of what appears to have been on-going instigation. The Muslim doesn't seem to have any music in this video but that doesn't mean he wasn't doing it before. And if I were to believe the witness then it's clear the guy wasn't coming back for a hail Mary but instead got himself a haymaker. In which case, Bravo!

in which case, jesus would disapprove of using violence to resolve the matter. what he should have done was hug the guy, prayed with him, and killed him with kindness. especially if every person in that scene had mobbed him on every pass, hugging and holding his hands and praying for him. he would have left of his own accord. it would have made a great example to the rest of the community how every conflict need not be settled by blood.
edit on 2-9-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join