It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont have a smartphone and i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

hey now, you don't know everyones situation. Yes, many of us are mindless self absorbed zombies, but not ALL. I got one because it enables me to conduct commerce 24/7 while maintaining a standard line of communication. And music, I truly adore music. To be able to carry all the worlds music with me anywhere I go, it is always there at the right moment. That and a deck of cards in the glove compartment.

Nothing breaks tension at an over crowded party like a deck of cards and the cash in our pockets!

I have no idea where Im going with this. Its a love/hate relationship with the smartphone.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera
a reply to: Nyiah

For me, it wasn't really a selling point either - where I found it useful was when I started taking more roadtrips. I don't travel much outside of MI, so I have a relatively up-to-date mapbook for MI only.

I use the apps as a guideline more or less - For example, a mapbook won't tell you if the day you drive to Indiana they decided to close all the roads to your destination. At least the apps that I use will do what I would usually do the night before: Automatically pick an alternative route.

From my vantage point, to me it takes equally as long to look up a route in a book as pressing a button that says "Find me the quickest route".

Funny you mention closed roads. When we were on the road moving up to MI, we drove through Indy, and it was right in the middle of highway lane closures & endless detours through neighborhoods. It was a nightmare, but the book did suffice fine, and we never got lost. We also didn't have anything other than my Tracfone at the time,so apps weren't even on our radar. Having navigated through all that, it makes me wonder how tech addicts don't get lost in their house without map apps & GPS.

Edit: Not knocking map apps much, but I do find it humorous how easily lost people are trying to use a paper map instead of a digital one. Doomsday's going to be amusing when the sats die.
edit on 9/3/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I had to mention closed roads because it happened to me, haha. Woke up one morning to find pretty much all the roads leading to work were closed off.

My phone does sit idle in the passenger side of the car when I'm out driving. It was necessary that I got rid of the Razr, because when 90% of your contacts don't call and only text, it's either lose them entirely or grumble and have the ability (my fingers are still too fat for the keyboard).

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Let me tell you something from a therapist and addictions counselor to you

Free information...you'l love it

If someone does something that is not harming a soul, but it angers you tremendously....YOU have the problem. Not them. Because I hate being a hypocrite, let me use an example of my own

Ages ago, I used to think vegetarianism was complete and self-righteous BS. Now I am aware a few people who are vegans are certainly self-righteous...but I just hated them. It took me some time to realize that I was the problem. These people did me no harm, yet here I am freaking out over them...it was pathetic

Sorry but this is the truth. If it bothers you SO much, then don't use them, and get over it

Now...if someone is driving and texting, then by all means call the police! Otherwise, if no harm is being done to you personally...move on and don't LET yourself be taken in by anger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join