It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont have a smartphone and i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Everywhere i go, any town, any city, i see waves upon waves of robots going past with their phones, tablets in their hands, tweeting, instagraming, selfi-ing, walking into lamposts, almost getting run over, because they are obsessed, literally obsessed with their phones.

Anything that happens, and everyone pulls out those stupid piles of plastic, and holds it out.
A man having a heart attack? no problem, lets all stand round and film it!

Its like the commercials, televisions, billboards tell you - you MUST BUY A TABLET/ANDROID/IPHONE and if you dont, you arent normal

Seriously, everyone is on their stupid phones, on the bus. street, park, at home - its madness!

I love not having a smartphone or tablet, i love having a basic mobile that calls and texts, and thats it. Thats all i need!

Seriously, every time i see a person walk by with their stupid tablet/ smartphone typing away, it makes me so angry, its just getting annoying how OBSESSED people are.

Like if their house was burning and they had a choice to rescue one thing, either their pet or their tablet
it would be the tablet - seriously i am not kidding!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

The concept of having a "phone" has become lost some where in all this technology.

I tell people they no longer have a phone which takes pictures; they have a camera, and monitor, that they can talk through.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Like if their house was burning and they had a choice to rescue one thing, either their pet or their tablet it would be the tablet - seriously i am not kidding!

There's an idea for a new app.
One that tells you what to rescue first when you have a fire in your house.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
seriously, i was in town earlier, every single person walking past me, from young to old - looking and checking their stupid phones
and i dont mean phone to call somebody i mean those stupid tablet/androids/samsung type ones

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sounds more like a rant than a conspiracy. If you love having a basic phone so much why worry about other people?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
it makes me angry

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yeah... that's a rant.

I've thought about going back, but the camera makes keeping track of things easy for me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
Sounds more like a rant than a conspiracy. If you love having a basic phone so much why worry about other people?

Smart phones are dumbing down people big time, so there's a conspiracy for ya

I can call and text from my phone, that's all I need.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

True, but that is obvious.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'm replying to you from my smart phone. Hope that doesn't trigger you to much.

You sound like someone that's jealous and seeking attention. LOOK EVERYBODY, I DON'T HAVE A SMART PHONE AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU...

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Are you one of those guys that sits in Starbucks with a manual typewriter?

Anywho.
I use my smartphone for maps and references.
We will be eating at a restaurant and talking about something and look up whatever we are talking about to add to the conversation.
Not facebook or twitter.
Definitely not Pokémon!

But I do agree, phones are making people zombies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Smart phones have pretty much changed things....not all for the good either.

The problem is: They are an addiction in my humble opinion.

When I go on camp outs with the Cub and Boy scouts, we don't allow them to have electronics. They are there to do things and learn things while outdoors. Overall, they seem fine.

The parents and other leaders on the other hand? After the kids are in bed, parents and leaders sit around the camp fire and chat, talk about things that are planned for the scouts, and many other things.

Or....at least it used to be that way.

Now what I see is all of them sitting around the camp fire with their heads hung down, pouring over something on their smart phones. Try to have a convo, and you're either ignored, or only vaguely listed to.

I go to a cook out and what do I see? Same thing: everyone is bend over their small rectangle, simply because they can not put it down.

It's really sad to see all the slaves to these devices.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Why does wanting to keep in touch with my loved ones at all times through the only way society currently provides for me to do so, make me a "robot"? And on top of that, I'm a social anxiety sufferer, so using a smartphone makes it easier for me to stay connected to society at large in ways that are safe and comfortable for me. It also makes it much easier to do research on the go. Need to calculate an equation, check my budget or look something up while I'm out? I have a mini computer in my pocket that can efficiently do that which improves my quality of life and time-usage efficiency.

None of that means that I don't also love nature, being disconnected from electronics, or that someone is magically controlling everything I think and do through my phone. It is simply a tool that has (a lot of) power to be used for good or evil.
edit on 2-9-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I remember people saying pretty much the same thing about desktops and in generations before that, people said it about telephones and automobiles.

Don't even get me started on the Luddites of the industrial revolution.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Abysha because: formatinz

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
Like if their house was burning and they had a choice to rescue one thing, either their pet or their tablet
it would be the tablet - seriously i am not kidding!

Also, anyone who uses a smartphone/tablet and is that much of a heartless asshole would still be a heartless asshole if they didn't have a smartphone...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Like if their house was burning and they had a choice to rescue one thing, either their pet or their tablet it would be the tablet - seriously i am not kidding!

Are you serious? They wouldn't even be doing that - they would be posting photos of the fire on facebook for likes and hugs and all that b#*(*# - their smart phone never leaves their body!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We will be eating at a restaurant and talking about something and look up whatever we are talking about to add to the conversation.

What were people talking about over dinner before they carried wiki in their pocket? Are you implying they were ignorant - I would say the opposite. They were more aware of their surroundings - it wasn't aggregated and spoon fed to them.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Bluntone22

What were people talking about over dinner before they carried wiki in their pocket? Are you implying they were ignorant - I would say the opposite. They were more aware of their surroundings - it wasn't aggregated and spoon fed to them.

How does adding a few facts to a conversation imply anything?
I would think the more information you have on a subject would increase the awareness of your surroundings.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Smartphones don't make people self-obsessed zombies, people make people self-obsessed zombies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If it weren't for my smartphone, I wouldn't be reading or responding to your thread right now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join