It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinister symbolism of Obama's wedding ring

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by calihan_12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

THE OP IS A NUT OR MESSING WITH YOU!

Oh, thats the big conspiracy.

Thanks, witchdoctor.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: calihan_12

www.snopes.com...

Are those snakes adorning a wedding ring?

Slithering...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Not really much happening here. I suppose they could be serpents or they could just be decorative squiggles (Google image search "squiggle jewelry"). It doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a representation of Apophis as there are four disconnected sections of these loops which doesn't comport well with a singular serpent let alone a named serpent demon. There's also no head.

If this was supposed to represent a serpent demon or deity, I'd expect the loops to run the other direction so that it would be one continuous body and again, no head. Also, serpents appear in art the world over. So even if these squiggles are actually the body of one or more serpents, there's no reason to believe that they are more likely to represent Apophis than any other serpent.

I saw you linked the ring from Snopes so I checked on there to see what was written regarding the ring. It appears that he's actually been wearing the ring since at least college and when he got married, he put it into service as a wedding ring. The Snopes article says that the ring was acquired in Indonesia when Obama was a child.

FYI, the claim that the Snopes article addresses was one made using blurry pictures of the ring with lines drawn on them purporting to trace out Arabic script that forms the first part of the Shahada.

Clearer images quickly disproved that bs. I don't think there's enough meat to this to even merit any sort of debunking.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Wow! You really did your homework on that ring.

Here's something to get you started:
Obamas ring - image search

Apparently it's allegedly the first part of the Shahada "There is no God but Allah".

Personally I don't see it. I think it's a ring he inherited or has been passed down through his.family.

Edit:
I see the antidiluvian beat me to it. Amazing what a 30 second search will dig up.
edit on 9/2/2016 by Kukri because: Too slow to post.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
So what my wedding ring has a keltic band with a keltic cross doesn't mean I'm a keltic priest. As far as conspiracies go this is well very sad. Oh and just so you know that wedding band is from indonesia. He chose the design because that's where he grew up as a child.
edit on 9/2/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The asteroid that has a small chance of hitting Earth on its second flyby in 2036 is called Apophis, named after Apep/Apothis etc.

Ze plot ... it thickenzz.
edit on 2/9/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

It's interesting how you can get as conspiratorial as you want in regards to people on the right, but the second somebody mentioned something conspiratorial about the man God Obama, everybody is up in arms.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I can't tell which "conspiracy" is worse, this or the "terrorist fist jab"?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It just represents his politics, sneaky and snakey.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So, this ring thing....no. It is not a thing

Sounds along the same lines as chemtrails and Mandela Effect to me . Just as valid

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Some facts that I don't care to run the references for ...

The "religions" of Egypt cover 5000 years and more, and the structures of the divine hierarchy, unsurprisingly, changed many times.

Apep as such was never worshipped, but as with many ancient cosmic serpents in many religions (the Python, the Midgard Serpent, etc.) represents an older cycle that has passed away but can come again like the nightly attack on Ra's boat (defended, oddly, by the newer god of chaos and destruction, Set(i).)

Also, the snake in coils (as arguably Mr. Obama's ring shows) was used in images like the leontocephaline/fusion representations (Persia, late Greek, early Rome) of one of the pantheon associated with the god Mithra, which featured a winged male figure, surrounded by a snake (usually in seven coils) (okay, I lied here's a link to some images) which also pointed to ideas like time and cosmic order (Chronos), and in time were incorporated into images of the Demiurge, the angel Ariel, and linked back to Egyptian deities like Bast, Sekmet, etc.

Serpents and snakes often represent older, "mysterious" chthonic (earth-based, underworld) powers, usually associated with the Feminine in some way (and usually being "overcome" (hint, hint) by Masculine Solar/Sky forces (Apollo, Thor, etc.), not to mention among other low-hanging fruits, the Kundalini of the Indian subcontinent.

To my eye, the motif on the ring looks more Aztec in design, or even more Sumerian/Babylonian. I would guess it has meaning to the Obamas ... perhaps having more to do with certain types of art (or currency) from West Africa (link) ... for example ... at any rate, it's unique, which could also simply point to the symbolism of the marriage bond between them.

I guess the point I'm making here is that such a ring hardly has to point to one certain mythological figure (again, one that was evidently never "worshipped" by the Egyptians) but rather could be any number of things, the one thing for sure is that it seems to be a rather mundane "motif" design (basically a geometric figure repeated) specifically designed by its owner.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Try searching ouroboros its a common motif in many cultures

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Apep is an "ancient Egyptian deity who embodied chaos and was thus the opponent of light and Ma'at (order/truth). He appears in art as a giant serpent."

Notice how in the hieroglyphs posted in the OP, they are on a vessel and are all destroying the head of Apep. This seems obviously symbolic of overcoming the chaos of this serpentine egotistical fallen world and voyaging to the higher truth/ the light. It would make sense that Obama, being one of the lead henchman for the serpentine prince of this world, would wear such a ring - outward symbolism seems to grant power, which is why all this stuff is out in the open.

This world is not dandelions and selfies. There are malevolent forces that feed off your ignorance and unrighteousness, and they continually tempt you into remaining in their abyss. No need to worry though, the Light of the Most High will rescue anyone who is willing.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Apep is an "ancient Egyptian deity who embodied chaos and was thus the opponent of light and Ma'at (order/truth). He appears in art as a giant serpent."

Notice how in the hieroglyphs posted in the OP, they are on a vessel and are all destroying the head of Apep. This seems obviously symbolic of overcoming the chaos of this serpentine egotistical fallen world and voyaging to the higher truth/ the light. It would make sense that Obama, being one of the lead henchman for the serpentine prince of this world, would wear such a ring - outward symbolism seems to grant power, which is why all this stuff is out in the open.

This world is not dandelions and selfies. There are malevolent forces that feed off your ignorance and unrighteousness, and they continually tempt you into remaining in their abyss. No need to worry though, the Light of the Most High will rescue anyone who is willing.

The "Light of the Most High" in this context would be Ra.

Are you suggesting that Ra will save us from Obama?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

There we many names given to the Most High God throughout history. Obama, who is presumably married to the forces signified in his ring, is a front-man. The way we protect ourselves from evil is choosing righteousness at all times. If you're actually interested, Pistis Sophia goes into great detail regarding the ascent of the soul out of the material darkness in which the soul was surrounded by material refuse that parasitically lived off the light of the soul.

Pistis Sophia Chapter 57

"Pistis Sophia cried unto me (Jesus), saying:

"O Light of lights, I have transgressed in the twelve æons, and have descended from them; wherefor have I uttered the twelve repentances, [one] for each æon. Now, therefore, O Light of lights, forgive me my transgression, for it is exceedingly great, because I have abandoned the regions of the height and have come to dwell in the regions of the chaos.' "

The "region of chaos" is personified by Apep. The images of Horus, whose name means "one who is above", riding a vessel and destroying Apep represents the ascent out of Chaos and into the light.
edit on 2-9-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

There we many names given to the Most High God throughout history. Obama, who is presumably married to the forces signified in his ring, is a front-man. The way we protect ourselves from evil is choosing righteousness at all times. If you're actually interested, Pistis Sophia goes into great detail regarding the ascent of the soul out of the material darkness in which the soul was surrounded by material refuse that parasitically lived off the light of the soul.

So, Ra is YHVH? This is the aspect I'm most interested in from your post.

Are you saying I can read about the Ra/YHVH connection in Gnosticism? Some of the Gnostics were quite convinced that ol' Yahweh was equivalent to a blind, insane Demiurge if I remember.

But focus ... are you saying that one of the names of the Hebrew God is Ra? Or are you referring to some other "Most High"?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Are you saying I can read about the Ra/YHVH connection in Gnosticism? Some of the Gnostics were quite convinced that ol' Yahweh was equivalent to a blind, insane Demiurge if I remember.

But focus ... are you saying that one of the names of the Hebrew God is Ra? Or are you referring to some other "Most High"?

Ra "was believed to rule in all parts of the created world: the sky, the earth, and the underworld". Ra was symbolized by the sun because the sun is the corporeal giver of life on our planet, like how the Most High is the giver of life to our soul.

Isis + Ra + El = Israel. Apep is the serpent described in Genesis. This history is hidden from us in plain sight - the devil's greatest feat thus far was to convince the world that he does not exist.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Ra "was believed to rule in all parts of the created world: the sky, the earth, and the underworld". Ra was symbolized by the sun because the sun is the corporeal giver of life on our planet, like how the Most High is the giver of life to our soul.

Isis + Ra + El = Israel. Apep is the serpent described in Genesis. This history is hidden from us in plain sight - the devil's greatest feat thus far was to convince the world that he does not exist.

Gotcha. Historical fact has nothing to do with your comments.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Gotcha. Historical fact has nothing to do with your comments.

Thanks for the response.

You're supposed to wear the pearls, not eat them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join