It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson is making a sequel to Passion of the Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Apparently this is not a Hoax.

SOURCE

Mel Gibson confirmed he's working on a sequel to his 2004 film "Passion of the Christ."

"And you know, it's not the 'Passion 2.' It's called 'The Resurrection,'" Gibson told evangelist Greg Laurie at SoCal Harvest, according to IndieWire.com.

Gibson explained that the sequel will focus on Jesus' resurrection.

"Of course, that's a very big subject and it needs to be looked at because we don't want to just do a simple rendering of it — you know, read what happened," the actor added.

"Passion of the Christ" screenwriter Randall Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter that "there's a lot more story to tell."

"The evangelical community considers 'The Passion' the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger," Wallace said.

"Passion of the Christ" starred Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern and Monica Bellucci. It was a box office hit, bringing in more than $611 globally.

Gibson is currently promoting his upcoming film "Hacksaw Ridge." The film stars Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Teresa Palmer and others. It tells the story of a Seventh-day Adventist conscientious objector who was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for his efforts during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.

It is Gibson's first time directing a movie since 2006's "Apocalypto."

I never saw the first one. Although, I was a huge Mel Gibson fan for the original Mad Max series, the Lethal Weapon series, Braveheart, and of course Conspiracy Theory!

I am completely perplexed and bewildered to learn that there will be a sequel to a movie about the life of Jesus Christ...

Maybe I am missing something because I didn't see the original Passion of the Christ, did it not include his resurrection three days after being buried?

Is this going to be one of those 'What Would Jesus Do... If He Came Back Today' concepts?

Somebody help me get my head back on straight. What in the hell is going on here?!

edit on 9/2/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

S&F..
Gibson claimes that there may be paranormal aspects in this film.
Info is on IMDB. 👍

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Look!

I found the first promo trailer for it:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Apparently this is not a Hoax, although it really wish it was.

SOURCE

Mel Gibson confirmed he's working on a sequel to his 2004 film "Passion of the Christ."

"And you know, it's not the 'Passion 2.' It's called 'The Resurrection,'" Gibson told evangelist Greg Laurie at SoCal Harvest, according to IndieWire.com.

"Of course, that's a very big subject and it needs to be looked at because we don't want to just do a simple rendering of it — you know, read what happened," the actor added.

"Passion of the Christ" screenwriter Randall Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter that "there's a lot more story to tell."

"The evangelical community considers 'The Passion' the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger," Wallace said.

"Passion of the Christ" starred Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern and Monica Bellucci. It was a box office hit, bringing in more than $611 globally.

Gibson is currently promoting his upcoming film "Hacksaw Ridge." The film stars Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Teresa Palmer and others. It tells the story of a Seventh-day Adventist conscientious objector who was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for his efforts during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.

I never saw the first one. Although, I was a huge Mel Gibson fan for the original Mad Max series, the Lethal Weapon series, Braveheart, and of course Conspiracy Theory!

I am completely perplexed and bewildered to learn that there will be a sequel to a movie about the life of Jesus Christ...

Maybe I am missing something because I didn't see the original Passion of the Christ, did it not include his resurrection three days after being buried?

Is this going to be one of those 'What Would Jesus Do... If He Came Back Today' concepts?

Somebody help me get my head back on straight. What in the hell is going on here?!

Pentecost and the Acts of the Apostles don't get much attention, but I could certainly see a movie there. Cringe-worthy to call it a "sequel" though.

I've never seen the Passion of the Christ...except for a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? I'm not very keen on Passion plays. I'm not very keen on Bible movies, in general. They're usually over-acted and that's to say nothing of the "sexy Jesus angle"...

I tried to watch the Roma Downey thing a while back. Between ninja angels dressed like Roman soldiers and almost every male character sounding like a throat cancer patient/Batman impersonator, I couldn't take it.

I consider myself a Christian, but I prefer Life of Brian.

Particularly the ex-leper scene:

Ex-leper: "Half a denari?"
Brian: "there's just no pleasing some people..."
Ex-leper: "heh, that's just what Jesus said, sir"

link   

It was an excellent movie. I look forward to the sequel. He is both an excelent actor and director.

The recent 'Blood father' was very good. IMDB Blood Father

I gave it a 7, it is at 6.9

link   

Lol... POTC 2 "Crucify This" thanks i spurted Coca-Cola out my nose.👌

I have a copy of The Passion of The Christ. Though i'm agnostic, It bothers me to watch. It's still in a plastic casing.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Mel has said dumd stuff over the years. But he makes great films. My favorite so far is "We Were Soldiers"

I hope has makes a great come back.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

This thread seems to be based on the original movie being of low quality???? Why did you say 'this is not a hoax'?

The original 'The Passion of the Christ' has a 7.1 on IMDB.

his film had more pre-ticket sales than any other film in history until Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) presales beat it.

This is the highest grossing foreign language film and/or subtitled film in US box office history. It is also the highest grossing religious film in worldwide box office of all time.

This was the highest-grossing rated R film in US box office history earning $370 million until the release of Deadpool.

In a rarity for Hollywood releases, re-entered the #1 spot at the box office for the weekend of Good Friday, 2004.

So, no. A sequel would not be a hoax.
edit on 2-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The first movie was awesome, the way they whipped that hippy guy....LOL!
I hope the second movie is just as fun

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

Is there something wrong with you?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Mel has said dumd stuff over the years. But he makes great films. My favorite so far is "We Were Soldiers"

I hope has makes a great come back.

Absolutely he has. And he has cleaned up for sure. If you haven't seen 'Blood father', it is worth a watch. He is seriously built as well, he really got healthy.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The first one was a great film. Incredibly violent and hard to watch at times, but it would have to be if it were to portray the suffering of Jesus in a realistic way.

Maybe you should check it out, OP, before you start mocking the idea of a so-called "sequel". I look forward to it.

Although I should warn you it's subtitled, so it requires an attention span greater than that of your average Family Guy fan.

edit on 9/2/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: weirdguy

Is there something wrong with you?

No I'm fine thanks, how are you today.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Apparently this is not a Hoax, although it really wish it was.

SOURCE

Pentecost and the Acts of the Apostles don't get much attention, but I could certainly see a movie there. Cringe-worthy to call it a "sequel" though.

I've never seen the Passion of the Christ...except for a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? I'm not very keen on Passion plays. I'm not very keen on Bible movies, in general. They're usually over-acted and that's to say nothing of the "sexy Jesus angle"...

I tried to watch the Roma Downey thing a while back. Between ninja angels dressed like Roman soldiers and almost every male character sounding like a throat cancer patient/Batman impersonator, I couldn't take it.

I consider myself a Christian, but I prefer Life of Brian.

Particularly the ex-leper scene:

Ex-leper: "Half a denari?"
Brian: "there's just no pleasing some people..."
Ex-leper: "heh, that's just what Jesus said, sir"

"a few minutes at the end where the devil was some kind of weird baby getting carried around? " Huhh???????????????

What movie did you watch SisterDelirium? It wasn't 'The Passion of the Christ."

I think WeirdGuy and SisterDelirium should hookup.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Ok i will see it. Oh! William H Macy in this film. Love that guy!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Ok i will see it. Oh! William H Macy in this film. Love that guy!

See! I love him too. Must see.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I hope he gets the language correct this time.
Oh I like Gibson apart from his anti English movies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Here's s7 Shameless promo, partly William H. Macy

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

There is only one Frank Gallagher.
Make your own shows!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom