It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

This is what a desperate, fear mongering campaign sounds like.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's now 100% clear he was not mocking disabled people. His hand actions and voice that he uses relate to people he thinks are confused and don't know what they are talking about, evidenced by the fact that he uses it multiple times relating to non-disabled people. In addition, disabled people don't actually do what he does to represent confusion or ignorance.

It was made up by the media. Trump already said that is not what he meant and now we have the conclusive proof.

Hillary's desperate, fear mongering campaign is hurting her.

Please refrain from calling me a scumbag or hurling any other insult.

Thanks.

Only in a deluded Trump supporters opinion is this acceptable. You clearly have no idea what "100% clear" and "conclusive proof' mean, educate yourself.

He imitates a disabled person when he mocks people he thinks are idiots.

Anyone who supports this IS a scumbag.

I fully support the view, based on conclusive proof, that he was not mocking the disabled reporters' disability.
You know nothing about my education.

Your opinion of what he did does not make it fact, nor does it make anyone who disagrees with you deluded.

What conclusive proof? Trump claimed he never meet the guy before, turns out not only did they meet the reporter actually spent a couple days with him doing interviews for a paper.

We all know trump speaks with his hands, there are several movements he does consistently as if on auto-pilot, I've never seen a repeat of this hand gesture when making any similar comments. Almost as if it was intentional.

Read up - he made exactly the same gesture when talking about Ted Cruz.
Debunked.

Here it is again if you don;t want to read up the thread:

So, we know it's not specific to the reporter's disability.
Now the actual motions themselves are stupid looking, no doubt, but to try and make claims (as have been made) that he insulted ALL disabled people is a joke. 99.9% of disabled people simply don't do that. It's more insulting to assume they do.
edit on 3/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: xstealth

Everyone in the USA is absolutely sick of the racist fear card.

Not true at all.

Actually, there are a lot of us that 100% agree with her in this aspect.

Trump is running a campaign that appeals to racists and white supremacist.

I'm sorry that triggers you...but the truth hurts sometimes.

Still waiting for some proof of racism or bigotry from Trump.

White Supremacists are a rare bunch, no matter how much you people try to make them relevant again. What you call racist, is far, far removed from what racism actually is.

I suggest you look it up, but I'll save you the trouble for once.

Racism - the belief that one race is superior to another

Racist - one who believes their race is superior to another

Keeping illegals out, all the while supporting LEGAL immigration does not make anyone a racist.

That being said, the only bigots I see are Liberals who refuse to accept anyone else's views. In fact, going so far as to falsely accuse people of racism, to attempt to destroy their persona.

Just like Hillary, in this video.

So much hatred, and self righteousness.
edit on 3-9-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Not true at all.

Still waiting for some proof of racism or bigotry from Trump.

White Supremacists are a rare bunch, no matter how much you people try to make them relevant again. What you call racist, is far, far removed from what racism actually is.

I suggest you look it up, but I'll save you the trouble for once.

Racism - the belief that one race is superior to another

Racist - one who believes their race is superior to another

Keeping illegals out, all the while supporting LEGAL immigration does not make anyone a racist.

That being said, the only bigots I see are Liberals who refuse to accept anyone else's views. In fact, going so far as to falsely accuse people of racism, to attempt to destroy their persona.

Just like Hillary, in this video.

So much hatred, and self righteousness.

It's simple - Trump has not said or done anything racist.

Here's Jesse Jackson introducing Trump 20 years ago.
Funny that as soon as he runs for President, Jackson is attacking him. This is about power and the racism charge is made up and pushed to discredit in a desperate bid to hold on to power.

edit on 3/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Not all roads are one way streets-Trump is guilty as well.

IMO Clinton's fear campaign is tame in comparison to the Trumpocalype. Policies should come first but instead we have two egotists who love the spotlight more than a contestant on a talent show.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You know... even though she used ...many words. For some odd and strange reason..she reminded me of Trump & China.

Only trump beats Hillary with one simple word.

On a serious note:

Notice how the left don't apply Logic, reasons nor do they address the real problems in society. All they do is try to win by insulting or attacking the opponent. Yet...no solution was provided because they have no solution at all.

Trump meanwhile,...least he addresses the real problems in this society.

Im resurrecting Gokus speech which applies to Hillary (and everyone else that resort to these tactics.)

"I don't understand why you call ______by such mindless names, the only thing it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance ... I guess name calling is your only attack , because you're to weak to challenge me any other way" - Goku

Fill the blank yourselves

edit on rd2016000000Saturdayrd000000Sat, 03 Sep 2016 11:51:03 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 03 Sep 2016 11:51:03 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I could keep going but anyone paying attention can see trump plays both sides of every issue.

So everyone scapegoated boils down to 2 isolated instances against small segments of larger demographics plus a plan to control immigration. You don't like Trump and will look back 40 years to point out problems. You will slander Christians like Pence with false narratives to push your world view.

The thing that scares me the most about trump though, is is obsessive claim to be the protector of the people. Nothing breeds tyranny like a public demanding safety.

Quotes please. Obsessive? I can't even recall him saying something like that even once. I do recall Hillary starting her campaign by saying she wanted to be my Champion. Did that bother you? It sure bothered me.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: kruphix

Nov 8 will hurt worse, for you.

It won't really.

If Clinton wins...great...Democrats most likely won't win a majority in congress so nothing major will happen in the next 4 years.

If Trump wins...oh well...Republicans most likely won't win a super majority and so the democrats will block any and all crazy things Trump tries to pass. Obamacare won't be repealed...funding for "the wall" won't be approved...Trump will probably back off most of his immigration policies anyway...and again...nothing major will happen in the next 4 years.

So for me...I'll be just fine either way.

Will you?

The only thing that will happen/change is trillions more debt that we cant afford and that neither candidate/party is talking about.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SudoNim

Just stopping in for your daily ad-homs? Alrighty then!

SudoNim was just expressing disgust and being insulting. Ad hominem doesn't mean to insult someone, it means to premise an argument on a character attack. There's a difference between saying "you're wrong and also an awful person" and saying "you're wrong because we can't trust you because you're an awful person."

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Nothing you quoted was racist. Sorry you can't read and comprehend?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

No, an ad hominem attacks a person's character rather than the issue. Calling someone stupid and not answering a question is an ad hominem for example.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No, an ad hominem attacks a person's character rather than the issue. Calling someone stupid and not answering a question is an ad hominem for example.

Sigh. It's only an ad hominem if the attack is within the context of an argument. For example, me calling you stupid isn't an ad hominem all on its lonesome. Me saying that your argument is invalid because you're stupid is.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Incorrect. Avoiding the discussion and calling the person stupid is, in context, an ad hominem attack as you've chosen to attack the character rather than the content. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty with this.
edit on 3-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Incorrect. Avoiding the discussion and calling the person stupid is, in context, an ad hominem attack as you've chosen to attack the character rather than the content. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty with this.

Let's break this down. Here's what SudoNim said:

So its ok to do it if you do it to everyone?

So as long as I imitate a disability when mocking people who don't have said disability as well as those that do, this is fine?

Scumbags. You, UKTruth, Trump and anyone else who tries to excuse this.

Now, I can relate to their frustration but I would generally agree that it's bad form to call someone a scumbag even if the pejorative is deserved. The first two lines were concerned with the actual argument, and the the point being made here is that imitating someone with a disability when mocking someone who does not have a disability does not somehow make the behavior acceptable. The third line was SudoNim expressing disgust and frustration. I don't think one can construe this sentence to be a realistic attempt to undermine the character of the speaker as a proxy for undermining the argument, and that's what an ad hominem is. If I say "That guy's a prick," because I think he's a prick, that's an insult. If "that guy" tries to sell you a time share and I say in response to his pitch "That guy's a prick", that's an ad hominem attack, as I am trying to influence you to ignore the logic of his argument and instead focus on the aspersions I am casting.

It is only a logical fallacy if SudoNim's hope is to sway people by raising doubt about the character of the speaker. I think SudoNim is just pissed off. Perhaps they would care to clear it up, though. Since intent is the hair that need splitting, the truth is that we're both on somewhat shaky ground.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Even a long winded post doesn't make you correct. It was ad hominem. I'm sorry you're lacking in the ability to understand how it works.

Everything in this thread is in the context of a discussion. Any insults in such a discussion are ad hominem.

It's not like he opened a separate thread and called them scumbags. He did so in this discussion. It's not that hard to grasp, yet here you are failing to grasp...

If you watch the video it does not appear he was mocking a disabled person by mimicking one. It appears he was attempting to over act shock and confusion. He is not an actor as can clearly be seen. It just came off goofy.

Of course if you capture stills you can make it look however you want. I've got a still of Obama flipping off an old lady when in reality he was about to scratch his cheek with his middle finger.
edit on 3-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

For hating trump you apparently watch all of his speeches...I mean, being an expert on his hand gestures and all.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Even a long winded post doesn't make you correct. It was ad hominem. I'm sorry you're lacking in the ability to understand how it works.

Everything in this thread is in the context of a discussion. Any insults in such a discussion are ad hominem.

It's not like he opened a separate thread and called them scumbags. He did so in this discussion. It's not that hard to grasp, yet here you are failing to grasp...

If you watch the video it does not appear he was mocking a disabled person by mimicking one. It appears he was attempting to over act shock and confusion. He is not an actor as can clearly be seen. It just came off goofy.

Of course if you capture stills you can make it look however you want. I've got a still of Obama flipping off an old lady when in reality he was about to scratch his cheek with his middle finger.

Nor does being rude and insulting lend support to your pet interpretation of logical fallacies, but this discussion is clearly going nowhere enlightening, so I bid you adieu.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The "Alt-Right" is the lefts latest boogeyman.

They need something to point their finger at and blame for all the division and hate that they themselves are causing, or they will just keep tearing each other apart from the inside.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Sometimes the truth comes off as rude...my "interpretation" is the actual definition. I have facts on my side. He clearly implied that UKTruth was wrong in his view because he was a scumbag, as well as anyone else who held that view. If you don't see that as an ad hominem then it's obvious you just don't WANT to see one.

P.S. Nice Sig, Strength to Love is one of my favorite books, I have probably half of it memorized.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I am a racist.

I demand a ignore button, so I can protect myself from Hillary's ignorant lovers. It's literally hurting my brain to read how far off reality they are, and just how blindly ignorant they seem to be.

I am a racist against her followers.

You will have to add me to this list.

It's scary how democrats think.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Not true at all.

Ok so 14 million who voted for him are racists?

What you are doing in generalizing his entire base to scare the uninformed from voting for him because they wouldn't want the racist classification.

It's fear mongering, anti American and a form of voter intimidation.

It's pathetic, and everyone who takes part in that generalization fraud is global anti American to the core.

Ignoring who voted for who, what number racists of any kind would you say there are in total?
Less than 14 million? A lot less? Close to?
Out of 320million, 14 million isn't that many.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join