It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Its Official: china Pursuing new Strategic Bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

China is developing a new long-range bomber, the head of the Chinese air force was quoted as saying in state media on Friday, the latest move in its ambitious military modernization program.

China has already improved its ability to strike at targets far from home and there will be further improvements in the future, the Global Times quoted air force chief Ma Xiaotian as saying at an air force open day.

"We are now developing a new generation of long-range bomber, and you'll see it in the future," Ma said, according to the paper, without elaborating.

www.yahoo.com...

So, if they are talking about it, what do you want to bet they are about to show it off in the near future?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i'm just done here.
Justification for pentagon buttholes to ask for more money.
edit on 1-9-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We are taking SPACE ,we already have China's skies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Good luck with those Chinese rivets.
They were better at Black Cats, Thunderbombs,
Blockbusters, and the like.

Sometimes it is better to stick with
what you are good at.

Especially when the stolen blueprints
are inaccurate and outdated.

HooHa

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
i'm just done here.
Justification for pentagon buttholes to ask for more money.

The ploy is to get the Defense department to outspend itself. Sort of like how the Soviets were brought down. They couldn't keep up with our economy.

Hey wait, now the US economy sucks.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We are taking SPACE ,we already have China's skies.

Meh, ever see the film Gravity? Thats just a movie, of course.

The Chinese already proved they can start a chain reaction up there, turning "SPACE" to Space Junk.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The fact that they are just talking about their plans is simple a ploy. As much as any other country, they desperately want to develop their triangle-type of craft to match ours, but they also must keep their conventional arms development underway for secondary defense and foreign markets.

The US has mastered this façade decades ago and that is why we have little problem letting them steal the plans for what common folk assume are our best conventional efforts. The Chinese know how the game works, but they are caught up in it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Listen up Walmart shoppers, a strong economy means a strong military. Wonder what their going to do with those bombers some day?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Go tell the USAF THEY said they will do it.
This is me NOT scared of China.
Regional issue at worst about a month to wreck.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Why bother when they can clear launch rockets off of the US coast..I'm sure political corruption is just as prevalent in China as it is in the US...maybe someone is looking to secure a juicy contract...seems like a huge waste of money when have an ample army that could lay ruin to most countries as do many other countries..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That was my point, all they have to do is announce they have some super secret new technology and we fall over ourselves spending to defeat it. Thats the game they can win. We're the aggressors here, we have to counter their counters not the other way round.

As far as our own, we could burn the world to a cinder, so what. Everyone loses.

They don't even have to fire a shot, just dump our enormous debt, switch to a new currency and disrupt oil production.

Game over.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Go tell the USAF THEY said they will do it.
This is me NOT scared of China.
Regional issue at worst about a month to wreck.

It not just China. In the Pacific and the Middle East, countries are forming an ally base.

Iran, North Korea, China and Russia. As time passes more will join out of necessity. Who wants to be next in line for US regime change?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Regional only, they can only nuke us(Norks,NO WAY).
They won't they'l die I think Iran may try it.
POSSIBLY AIDED by one of them.
And HERE'S another heartfelt thank you to the Clintons ,for selling the ability to DO that to China,Kudos....
YOU THINK WE can't counter a B1 Bomber wannabe?

edit on 2-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Regional only, they can only nuke us(Norks,NO WAY).
They won't they'l die I think Iran may try it.
POSSIBLY AIDED by one of them.
And HERE'S another heartfelt thank you to the Clintons ,for selling the ability to DO that to China,Kudos....
YOU THINK WE can't counter a B1 Bomber wannabe?

Step away from the Jack Daniels....now in English please Cav?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

4 points which is unclear?

1: China cannot extend a legitimate threat beyond the CURRENT borders ,they are NOW being confronted for attempting to do so, they are of the opinion America is too frightened to fight over our allies in the east. GUESS how long after Obama leaves THAT will last? YES they gave the NORKS a missile to pop out of a sub to make us jump but I would guess North Korea would be incapable without aid from China, THEY might attack South Korea.

2:Iran should have a few nukes in about 10 years maybe less,they will probably fire at us when they do.
Maybe a tanker disguised sea launch,would be a guess.

3:
BILL CLINTON sold the technology to China illegally from Ratheon and it enabled both China's Space program as well as their ICBM program GREATLY.
Read the Cox Report

4: Last but NOT least ...a B1
You think a HALF ASSED B1 design...FROM THE 50S is dangerous to us on a tactical or strategic level?
Produced ,crewed and commanded by the commie Chinese?

By the way ,Daniels has a deleterious effect on me I only do what one does here.
WHEN I DO so ,I am almost civil.

edit on 3-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hey anzha. You hink theyre trying to build a Bone or a B2? I figure a B2 with the electronics suite comparable to a bricked out playstation 4.

Doesnt matter. Either way theyll get spotted and spanked the second they enter us airspace. We have something specifically to detect that type of incursion.

Wonder if they paint it blue to one up the usa on "stealth paint"

Van we make fun of their new bomber when it comes out using their own arguments against the b21 on them?

Heard theyre also trying to develop a hypersonic bomber. Project hypersonic LAWN-DART

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
in other words China has hit technical roadblocks in getting its Stealth to work properly in the design phase again.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think China will have to decide on what they want. A LO platform will be a flying wing most likely. A high speed penetrator will look different. Form follows function.

A bit more from Jane's:

www.janes.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It will almost certainly lead to the installation of more missile defense batteries in the continental US. Particularly on the west coast. Aegis on land would let us all sleep tight at night.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Thank you :-)

I am interested, I just didnt get what you were saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join