It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can I get the old ATS back?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I remember back when I joined (2012) and before when I lurked (2009-2010-ish) the topics being much more diverse and interesting than what they are now, now the front page and new sections are being saturated with Trump, Hillary, BLM, bathrooms, Trump, Hillary, Trump, Trump, Hillary etc. threads on nearly an hourly basis.

I even got sucked into the whole thing for a while, but lately I've been posting and visiting less because it's always the same topics rehashed over and over by the same handful of members with the majority having to do with the elections and politics in general. This isn't what this site is supposed to be about is it? The MSM agenda is in full swing here and I've gotten tired of it personally and it has affected my participation on these boards in a negative way.

I miss the conspiracy aspect of these boards, that has been M.I.A. for the past year or even longer. The boards, in my opinion, have become far less interesting than in years past. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but the topics I'm interested in (conspiracy related) have all but disappeared.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You're STILL whining about the topics?

Start some good threads with sensible material and you might get some popular discussion.

Maybe.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're STILL whining about the topics?

Yes I am, is there a problem with that? Or would it be better if I whined about Hillary and Obama in at least 3 threads per day like some people? I'm not going to name any names here.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Make a thread that isn't political. Be a part of the change you desire.

Also, I thought there was a function to ignore the politics forums?

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ironic you say this as the first reply in thread. Your threads have sent ATS to a new level....

edit on 1-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's an election year, and the candidates are CooCoo for CocoVotes so yeah, the boards are flooded right now but the site "vibes" with the current topics and right now the next Presidential administration is at the forefront of everyone's thoughts until it happens.

It will go back, it always does

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I sure hope so. It was election season right before I joined, even back then it didn't seem as bad as it is this time around. Maybe that's just because of the awful candidates we have in place though.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Ironic you say this as the first reply in thread. Your threads have sent ATS to a new level....

Believe it or not, I take that as a compliment !!

Thank You.

and clever edit by the way.

edit on Sep-01-2016 by xuenchen because: #politicalconspiracies

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2016 by spacedoubt because: wrong thread

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As has been said, election year. I'm sure the same gripes have been made for the nearly two decades that ATS has been in operation.

What's funny about this is that we all have our "old-ATS" period. You cite years that are a few past what I would consider. I came on in 2005 and those early years literally changed my life. No hyperbole. And as time passed, it becomes cyclical. That sounds negative but not intended, it is what it is. Our discovery of this community serves as our "old-ATS". What it was in 2005 for me is not what it was in 09/10 for you. Yet we share in the same sentiment.

It's the beauty of this place. It's unlike anything else, in my opinion, that exists online.
edit on 9-1-2016 by chissler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It will go back, it always does

I don't think it will this time.

Whomever ends up becoming the next US prez (most likely Trump or Clinton), ATS is going to be inundated with a bajillion threads about that person... bitching, whining, bickering, spitting, hair pulling, etc etc.

With Trump or Clinton sitting on the throne, this place is going to become command central for US political mud slinging.

RIP ATS... it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Looks Like you and I have been at least lurking for about the same time.

I agree with you. I have been coming here less also. Instead of Facebook I just annoy people here now 😂

I remember when I first started coming around it was spring and the older members were complaining about every summer when the "kids" get out of school the site goes down hill for a while... Guess it's been a long summer.

Hopefully it's the election thing right now..

I think conspiracy theory has been pretty much turned into controlled opposition.
Pop culture ether ridicules conspiracy theorist or they flip it and make crappy x files type shows that totally water it down, further pushing people away from taking it seriously..so there are less and less people putting In the time to make the awesome threads we used to see so much of ... But I digress..

There should be a "greatest hits" thread..

To your credit I have seen some good threads or at least comments from you.
Anyhow... Off to read more Trump threads I guess..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

If ATS tanks ... it won't be over the Conspiracy that constitutes politics.

I think it's bad this year because Crooked Hillary is front-running against a guy no one could explain as a candidate ... and she can't outpace him.

I'm so tired of progressive idealism, political correctness, whittling ... sigh.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The only thing I know for sure is if Trump or Clinton ends up on the throne, this place will become a living nightmare that never ends.

I'm already feeling sorry for the mods just thinking about it...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

And there we have it folks.

It's the progressives fault!

And Hillary's!!

Um. Snarl? Pssst. You forgot to mention Obama. It seems the baton has been officially passed!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

ever since Reddit cracked down, all the mentalists migrated on ATS.

i finally joined last year after many years lurking, and i have never seen this level of almost vitriolic trend on ATS. also, the motto used to be deny ignorance... not any more.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Before it was infested with islamist enabling keyboard jihadis and CAIR shills?

That would be wonderful.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Before it was infested with bipartisan rhetoric, actually, but nice try.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

yeah.....

It's an election year.
But please don't turn this into another political thread.....instead opting for some positive ideas.....IOW....
Be the Change You Wish To See

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ive been a lurker since about 2005 and consistently came to this site daily for almost a decade. This website pretty much changed my life in many ways. But now a days I just quickly skim the home page every few days and rarely do I stay for long..

I too miss the (g)olden days

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join