It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk About Trump's Extreme Vetting and Ideological Certification

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I assume these were all on the weekend and holidays..how is this permissible that someone in government is doing all these speaking engagements and who the hell is paying for her plane fare?

I'm not sure if these were on the weekends or not, but the earliest date in your list is April 18,2013.

Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State from January 21, 2009 to February 13, 2013.

She was a private citizen.

Do I think it's right that government servants jump from the government to Wall Street to lobbying and back again? Nope.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Personally questions should be the last stage of acceptance. Trump, Comey, and many others have stated that you can't vet from some area's especially Syria as there are little to no records.

It's laughable to ask questions only in order to determine if a refugee should be allowed in the US. The reality is people lie and Muslims will lie per the Koran in order to serve their purpose.

IMO NO SYRIAN should be allowed into the US. We need to set up a safe zone "over there" where all their needs are met. Women, children, and obviously men of radical muslim beliefs have been shown to cause harm. (Yes kids, wasn't it a young teenager who just did the suicide think in Turkey and even yunger kid who raped a 5 year olf in Cedar Rapids???).

This entire deal is one big Trojan Horse and we will pay for it!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

So you are fine with just picking a country, and saying no one from that country is allowed?

What about a religion...are you willing to ban an entire religion as well?

What about political leanings...like communist...willing to ban all communist?

Is there any line you aren't willing to cross over?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Trump's Immigration Reform

Here is his plans for immigration reform. I'm yet to see a source for your quote. I'm still baffled that enforcing immigration laws is grounds for being a racist to you and so many others.
edit on 2-9-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: twigbaby
Test can start with... "do you believe being gay is a sin? Y/N."

LOL ... can we apply this version of the "ideology test" to Americans?

Can those who answer no be stripped of citizenship and deported?

No, not Constitutional you say?

Hmmm ... imagine that.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Here is his plans for immigration reform. I'm yet to see a source for your quote. I'm still baffled that enforcing immigration laws is grounds for being a racist to you and so many others.

The quote was in Trump's speech ... you didn't listen to the speech?

Pfft.

The "ideological test" is right in line with the rest of his unConstitutional/neo-fascist ideas; I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Pfft.

The "ideological test" is right in line with the rest of his unConstitutional/neo-fascist ideas; I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised.

No, I haven't heard the speech hence asking for a source. You can take your teenager mentality to another poster, I already dealt with your trolling in the last thread I participated in.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Pfft.

No, I haven't heard the speech hence asking for a source. You can take your teenager mentality to another poster, I already dealt with your trolling in the last thread I participated in.

You haven't dealt with anything, and I'll respond as I wish.

You don't even know the source of what you're talking about, and you can't be troubled to Google for 2 seconds to inform yourself.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Pfft.

You don't even know the source of what you're talking about, and you can't be troubled to Google for 2 seconds to inform yourself.

/shrug

Haha, didn't know you would get your feelings hurt over asking for a source to the OP. Guess I'll link a source.

Extreme vetting

Glad we got someone that will enforce the laws.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Yes, I do. I think we should not allow anyone from any country that is on the sponsored terror list. That would be a start. There is NO reason unless you are active military or humanitarian aid that a US citizen should be travelling to countries that harbor terror.

There are ISIS and AQ recruiters working in Minneapolis. People who are flying to Syria to fight for ISIS from the US. I do not want them back in this country. Let them stay where they are at.

There was this place called Ellis Island. It is where immigrants used to go to come into America. I think there should be a 'new' processing area and a place where ALL can stay until vetted,etc. Instead they send people to different sanctuary cities and before ICE or DHS can follow up they are gone.

In 2014, Family reunification cases constituted less than one-half percentage point of refugees admitted due to a four-year moratorium. In 2008 DNA testing was started to confirm identities of families to bring them back together. It is not about reuniting people...I know the MSM sob stories.

Realize also I am talking about true refugees and Asylum seekers. There are millions of others that we just let in and again, lose track off. Work VIsas...school visas..Like the people who flew the planes into the US. If there was better enforcement then it could have been a different story.

I can understand and empathize with the want to help but until we can lower our own debt of 19 trillion, get the 96 million who are out back in the workforce and take care of our youth, elderly and vets, I would shut the door. It takes almost 30k to resettle a refugee and 1.5 billion is spent each year by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, and it's housed under the Department of Health and Human Services.

Why not RFID them all when they come in?
edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-02T09:13:22-05:000922 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Pfft.

/shrug

Haha, didn't know you would get your feelings hurt over asking for a source to the OP. Guess I'll link a source.

Extreme vetting

See there ... I knew you could figure out the Google machine ... Now if you just worked on finding facts instead of propaganda .... the current President is doing fine as he has deported more illegals than any other President. Illegal immigration is at an all time low as well

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why has it leveled off? There are not as many jobs but there are still over 12 million a year too many.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Great point!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So these extremists who have no problems killing women and children, beheading priests and other such evil acts would never lie in a test?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
How come no one ever brings up the quite obvious reason all the Muslims we're so afraid of are angry at us, to the point of being willing to blow themselves up to make a point and take a few others out?

The cognitive dissonance will not allow it. Most Americans simply do not want to confront the possibility that America's actions have brought us to where we are today. SOMEONE ELSE must be responsible.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why has it leveled off? There are not as many jobs but there are still over 12 million a year too many.

www.pewresearch.org...

I think you're misreading the graph you provided.

It's not a "per year" measure (as in 12 million coming across the border a year) but a running total with fluctuations of the estimated total population of illegals (all ethnicities) in the US for a certain period.

So the number is closer to 11 million TOTAL now and falling thanks in part to President Obama's efforts.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Pfft.

/shrug

Extreme vetting

See there ... I knew you could figure out the Google machine ... Now if you just worked on finding facts instead of propaganda .... the current President is doing fine as he has deported more illegals than any other President. Illegal immigration is at an all time low as well

All-time low because we have a million less than the previous year. Oh and nobody is mentioning Obama but you. Obama is on his way out he door so this conversation is in regards to Clinton and Trumps immigration plans. Last time a Clinton was in office, illegal immigration sky rocketed. I can only assume the same will happen under another Clinton.

Another fact is illegal immigrants cost us 100 billion/year. That includes deducting the 13 billion in taxes paid by illegal immigrants. Did you know that totals up to 1/6 to 1/10 of all 126 welfare programs combined depending on which source you like? Based off those facts they all need to go. Id rather see that money spent on citizens in need rather than people breaking the law. That doesn't even include the risks to national security.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Last time a Clinton was in office, illegal immigration sky rocketed. I can only assume the same will happen under another Clinton.

Illegal Immigration levels are directly related to the strength of our economy. Under Bill Clinton...our economy was pretty damn good.

So I guess you are assuming that Hillary would be great for our economy.

Nice to see you support her.
edit on 2-9-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

When you make silly snide remarks implying that our immigration laws are not being enforced, you get corrected with the facts ... and those facts include President Obama's record.

So there's something "magical" about a last name causing illegal immigration? What an ignorant remark!

If you want to talk about facts, why not cite your source? I'm betting yours are Breitbart, Center for Immigration Studies, etc. You know, right-wing mainstream media sites.

You apparently, like your hero Trump, think that the process of "getting rid" of 11-12 million people is just as simple as saying it. You ignore the costs of such an effort, the holes left in our economy, not to mention, the sheer human costs of families being torn apart.

There's no simplistic answers. Just because you swallow the load of BS that Trump sputters doesn't mean that has any reality.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

When you make silly snide remarks implying that our immigration laws are not being enforced, you get corrected with the facts ... and those facts include President Obama's record.

So there's something "magical" about a last name causing illegal immigration? What an ignorant remark!

If you want to talk about facts, why not cite your source? I'm betting yours are Breitbart, Center for Immigration Studies, etc. You know, right-wing mainstream media sites.

You apparently, like your hero Trump, think that the process of "getting rid" of 11-12 million people is just as simple as saying it. You ignore the costs of such an effort, the holes left in our economy, not to mention, the sheer human costs of families being torn apart.

There's no simplistic answers. Just because you swallow the load of BS that Trump sputters doesn't mean that has any reality.

/shrug

You told me to do my own google searches when I asked for the source to the OP. So follow your own logic.

The cost of the effort would be 300 billion roughly, so we would be back in the black in less than 3 years.

You can knock whatever sources you want, but the fact stands that the only media outlets directly involved with a Party are liberal sources. Check the DNC leaks.

Also, Trump isn't my hero. He just hasn't been linked to the amount of corruption Clinton has. Plus he's not using racial division as a tactic for votes. He wants to actually enforce immigration laws. God forbid illegal immigrants be held to the same standard of law the rest of the citizens are held to that have to pay their way here in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join