It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevy mechanic in the house?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

That is true. My biggest obstacle though is I have a breathalyzer device installed in it. I was bad years ago. I cannot kill power to the vehicle or I will have my licensed revoked pretty much automatically.

The engine runs great when it runs right. Does not smoke, does not use oil. Still looks pretty good. But yeah, if not for the interlock device I would consider trading it in on something, although financially not really what I want to do right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

If it was a water getting into the fuel i really think it would be running bad all the time. I seen throttle position sensors have moisture contamination issues giving the computer erratic readings and not throwing a code for it at all. could be a cheap place to start over a mass air flow sensor. kind of going through the same steps with my sisters '99 suburban old style so a little different engine. it's the last year of TBI fuel delivery and single coil with distributer. but still use the same basic sensors for the computer
edit on 8-10-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

If it was a water getting into the fuel i really think it would be running bad all the time. I seen throttle position sensors have moisture contamination issues giving the computer erratic readings and not throwing a code for it at all

Yeah I think I read something like that also. That is going to be the last thing I replace and then it's into the shop...

My thoughts on the fuel was if a leak in the line, could be sucking moisture between the tank and engine. Moisture in air, sucks it in, runs bad. No moisture in air, runs fine. Wherever it is leaking is pretty small too. i changed the fuel filter and checked for leaks, look under the truck often and never saw any, just that one time...

Hell the check engine light actually went out Saturday. Drove it almost an hour from home. Ran like a charm. Monday morning, back to blinking lol...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
in all my years I have never encountered or heard of that scenario but not much surprises me anymore in this world..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join