It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the race so close (as of September 1st)?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

My "allure for her" lol! not quite!

You mean the money she charged for speeches, her and her husband both, because they didn't take money from the Clinton Foundation not even as a salary, not a dime.

For someone who's been so up the yin/yang of the establishment she's surprisingly clean.

I check out Clinton Cash though, thanks. I like looking into all manner of conspiracies and I'm sure she's participated in a few of her own, may she have lived and learned from them and when I say that it's in part not because I'm "allured" to her (she's not my type actually to be honest), but because I hope for the best while considering the alternative (Trump) as unacceptable and because I do have faith in people's ability to learn from their mistakes and grow from them, something that Donald Trump isn't really into.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

My "allure for her" lol! not quite!

You mean the money she charged for speeches, her and her husband both, because they didn't take money from the Clinton Foundation not even as a salary, not a dime.

For someone who's been so up the yin/yang of the establishment she's surprisingly clean.

I check out Clinton Cash though, thanks. I like looking into all manner of conspiracies and I'm sure she's participated in a few of her own, may she have lived and learned from them and when I say that it's in part not because I'm "allured" to her (she's not my type actually to be honest), but because I hope for the best while considering the alternative (Trump) as unacceptable and because I do have faith in people's ability to learn from their mistakes and grow from them, something that Donald Trump isn't really into.

This will most likely be deleted but you are not seeking to understand! You are pro Hillary all the way and that's fine! You supposedly can't vote anyway! My point is don't pretend to not support Hillary when you obviously do!

Gonna stand by my original statement that you are not what you pretend to be! nice try though

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Gonna stand by my original statement that you are not what you pretend to be! nice try though

You think I work for the Clinton campaign and am not in fact a concerned Canadian citizen?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
For me it's about nothing less than the heart and soul of America and a new American renaissance and by that I don't mean the one that Donald Trump is offering America and the world, much of which is confusing and convoluted.

Rah rah Trump! (five stars)

What's interesting is the heavy bias of ATS in favor of Trump as if he fights for the little man and the American worker - heck he'll just piss off the rest of the world which will figure out ways to prosper that do not involve the US if everything is American first, right across the board, that won't work?!

To you I seem to be speaking from a paradigm and worldview that is simply pro-Hillary Clinton, but that's not the case. I support their platform and want to see the US get moving and become a kinder country on the whole, with Hannity and what her face Ann Coulter, and Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh sent to the fringe where they belong, to which will be added the new Trump channel, then turn off the TV.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I don't have a horse in this race either. I have grown so disgusted by the criminality in national politics in general that I refuse to participate any longer. As far as I'm concerned both of them can go to HEdoubleL. I advocate repeal of the 16th and 17th amendments. De-fang the Federal Government.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

When you give people just two real choices, there will be close to a 50/50 split in opinions. What the candidates say or do matters very little, the real determining point in our system is the number of challengers one has. Getting elected beyond that is just a matter of probability.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No, I'm saying compromise to a degree and literally move to something a little more Reaganesque.., with policy aimed and shrinking and streamlining government to get out of the way, ceding power to the states and working more closely with local interests via community outreach and involvement, creating better feedback and accountability, and transparency, to re-earn the trust of the American people. Common sense stuff like that.

Reagan didn't shrink government though. He grew it by more jobs than any other President, increased spending at an unprecedented rate (that his successors have been happy to continue), and the largest government office building in DC even carries Reagans name in a funny but of irony.

Revising Obama care to get everyone covered while fixing problems that inevitably will arise with the formation new markets, which although turbulent have the right set of fundamentals.

Here's the fundamental problem with insurance: It's meant to be used only in times of catastrophic loss.
Here's the fundamental issue with health care: It's most cost effective when routine checkups are done in order to prevent catastrophic diseases.

Insurance should never be used for routine office care, but that's the very care people are unable to afford. So they use insurance for that, the health insurance companies for their part are all too happy to comply because $25,000 in doctors bills over 25 years to catch, detect, and stop cancer in someone is way better than $2,500,000 to treat cancer.

In addition to this, practically everyone winds up with some major ailment. A bad hip, cancer, AIDS, and so on. That makes insurance less of a what if that only happens to a small number of people, and instead more of a guarantee that happens to everyone.

Health insurance is simply a flawed concept. Doctors know it, legislators know it, insurance companies know it. But it's a buzzword and it got votes. Rather than do what they should have and moved to single payer (which is not insurance), government met the demand and put everyone on insurance. It won't last and it's unsustainable.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

single payer universal healthcare is what we have in Canada and it works pretty well although here in BC they charge an individual monthly premium of 75$ as a cash grab.

Our taxes are a little higher though.

As to Reagan that's right, he ran on one thing and did something else, the far reaching impact of which resulted in what amounts to the largest bank heist in the history of the world with the deregulation of Wall Street and the removal of the Glass Steagall Act which is many ways was like a continuation of free market, trickle down economics, with the pigs going to the trough.

The problem with trickle down economics is that the wealthy are much more likely to save their money or just buy another home or yacht, so the wealth just gets hoarded and locked up at the top.

In this area I am more in alignment with Clinton's ideas and policy position than with Trump's.

I think a landslide would be helpful, voting Dem up and down the ticket for a mandate, then holding them to account.

What's pathetic is the level of ignorance and hyperbole that isn't based in any sort of fact, just opinions and impressions and projections. In this sense the ATS community doesn't appear to be any more informed than the general electorate.

I'm glad I'm not an American. It must be very embarrassing for you..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm glad I'm not an American. It must be very embarrassing for you..

Not really. The president is the most visible member of our government, but hardly the most important as far as our day to day lives go. We've got relatively short terms on the office too so it's not like it really matters. And internationally, I'm pretty sure we don't have any respect left to lose so it's not like there's anything at stake. Our previous two Presidents did a pretty good job of making us look like a bunch of jerks.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I dont normally do this, but, tldr

I dont believe that you dont understand. I am sure you know why people support him, others oppose Hillary, and why some just want him to piss off everyone they see as enemies of state in elected office and in positions of power.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You said it yourself, Obama was a loser of a president who doubled our national debt.

Hillary Clinton will continue exactly as he left off.

We're on the way to a globalist world lead by these worthless stupid politicians.

This time we want to elect someone who has accomplished something in life in the real world outside of politics.

If you voted for change in 2008, here it is.

Trump

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Most Americans simply do not want to see the outright greed and deceit shown by one of the candidates. The other shows a few bright spots, in terms of competence in international business and is more likely to support the real interests of America abroad.

This is why things might not go the way of a dictatorship, which is what we can anticipate with a status-quo type candidate.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Oh you gotta be kidding!

You think I'm a shill? A shillary? LOL

Nah, I'm a Canadian.

A concerned citizen of the world who's come to know much more about American politics than that of my own country.

lol, crack me up.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Both campaigns seem to have gone strangely quiet for the last few days. Maybe they're having a glass of wine, along with Bill, even as we speak..

Trump's job might not be to win but to decimate the Republican party, while upping his brand name recognition and nothing more.

He's certainly managed to tap into the angst though yes, that's for sure, but wouldn't he be the first one to sell out to or be taken advantage of by the globalists, the CIA and all the centers of power?

I don't trust the man, and while I don't entirely trust Clinton either, I do think she's seen the light and at heart is a sincere and passionate public servant who got a little of the dirt on her in the process, but as such, she may be uniquely positioned to navigate a way back to something that's sane and rational and perhaps even more loving, kind, and inclusive.

I'm hopeful for a better tomorrow and Obama, as much as he was a junior President, did manage, while doubling the debt, I'll give you that, to pull the country out of the ditch of what could have resulted to a run on banks and rioting in the streets, but alas, he wasn't a savior and didn't really bring change and unity or in many ways real leadership. A junior to intermediate President.

Hillary, I think, if given the opportunity, will be a great President, and God willing she's learned some hard lessons along the way.

I don't think the global conspiracy is quite as cut and dried as everyone makes it out to be, and I'm a 9/11 truther.

There are factions and dark forces, of that I know, but I thought Hillary was Methodist and not Satanist, or in other words that she doesn't really worship the devil and she's not actually a crooked witch or a wolf in sheep's clothing. She's tough, has a penchant for giving people the look that kills, but she knows her way around, the only question being who's interest she holds at heart and I think it's that of the American people, for real.

I think it's possible, if the haters might be willing to re-examine according to results and accountability, that she might end up being the best and most effective President, from day one, in our lifetimes.

What she needs though is a mandate or in short, a landslide victory to get it all done ASAP.

It's a reasonable and well thought out platform.

www.hillaryclinton.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join