It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter linked to "Oil for Food" scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"Former President Jimmy Carter has been linked with a key figure in the U.N.'s oil-for-food scandal by the group leading the nationwide effort to evict the United Nations from American soil and halt U.S. funding of the U.N.

Move America Forward today will call upon Carter to provide a full accounting of his meetings and conversations with Samir Vincent, who yesterday pleaded guilty to participating in numerous illegal activities as part of the U.N. scandal.

"President Carter needs to tell the American people exactly what relationships he had with the individuals involved in the oil-for-food scandal," said Melanie Morgan, co-chairman of Move America Forward, which is running television ads attacking the U.N. on national cable news networks, conducting an online petition drive and soliciting contributions to spread the message of the TV spots.

Samir Vincent admitted on Tuesday to receiving allocations for more than 9 million barrels of oil between 1996 and 2003 in return for serving as an agent of Saddam Hussein's regime. Vincent worked at Hussein's direction, lobbying U.S. and U.N. officials to end sanctions and to instead implement the oil-for-food scam. "

www.worldnetdaily.com...

This really isn't very supprising to anyone who has followed Carter and his Anti-american antics. The article suggests that perhaps the "Born again, Nobel Prize winning" ex-prez was really a supporter of Saddam, his murder of millions, the torture chambers, and rape rooms. No wonder he "opposed" the war in Iraq, he was just as "bought off" as Koffi and the rest of the UN.

Can anyone say "treason"?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not surprising to me at all. I hope they lock that traitor up as soon as possible. He even interfered in defense of dictators during Clinton's presidency.

[edit on 1/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is a whole slew of american coporations and american interests involved in the oil for food scam. We are just as dirty and guilty as the UN and the rest of the international community. Yeah, I can say treason. If indeed Carter is implicated, that is well and good, but I recall such that Ollie North was implicated once while others skipped right out of the picture. Let's not miss the forest for a tree.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter?!
Just because he knows someone from Oil For Food doesn't mean he was involved... let's just wait till what they find out.

The guy had to write books for a living after leaving office.... I doubt he was involved. The best presidents are the one's that don't have memorable reigns, remember that.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
While I think that justice needs to be served and Jimmy Carter should answer any questions put to him. But truth be told repubilcans dont wont Carter to or anyone else to clear up the facts because they need to continue there UN bashing to distract people from Bushs quick fixs in Iraq that are sending the countrie down the road of disater.
Any who thinks that Carter is a tratior for not argeeing with Bushs agenda isnt capable of independent thought just watch Fox news and you will know what to think.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't think we need to start jumping Carter's back just because he knows some one. And I'm sure he'll answer any questions asked of him. But assuming some kind of dirty business on his part at this point is quite unfair...and distasteful.

Why focus on Carter when we have documented - and confessed - proof that Clinton accepted a large donation to his presidential library, and a MASSIVE donation to the Democratic party from Marc Rich, the veritable King Pin of the OfF program and the man that has almost the entire third world petroleum industry under his thumb?

Should it be called the Oil-for-Libraries program?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Not surprising to me at all.

You can color me surprised. Yep. I knew the guy could
build houses for poor people, and run a peanut farm,
but I didn't think he was bright enough or clever enough
to be able to be an international multi-billion dollar
criminal. Ya' have to have SOME brains to be able to
pull off major international scams, and I figured Carter
just didn't have much in the brain dept. Looks like I could
have been wrong about him.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Carter was probably the only sincere and genuine President we've seen in a long time.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Carter was probably the only sincere and genuine President we've seen in a long time.

Yeah sincerely and genuinely a traitor!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Nerdling

Yeah sincerely and genuinely a traitor!

That's rich coming from a man with Bush as an avatar.

A liar, murderer and a drunk. We'll throw in over-priveleged low-achieving frat boy who relies on his fathers bought friends too.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So, Carter is guilty of murder because he knows some of the people that a radical group says are linked to the oil for food scandal? Not a very good standard of evidence that.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So, Carter is guilty of murder because he knows some of the people that a radical group says are linked to the oil for food scandal? Not a very good standard of evidence that.

Based on the "standard" of evidence used on this site to convict "GW" of the most amazing crimes imanginable that is basically a "cop out" statement.

If you had read the article you would find Carter has direct ties to Vincent (the one who just made a deal to testify against others). If Vincent live long enough to actually testify it will be intresting to watch.

It alos turns out the investigator "Volker" has ties to the French bank that "cleaned" the money for the UN. So we shall see what his report says verses the evidence in the US congress investigation.

It will be fun to watch a;ll the smoke and mirrors unless something bigger (nuke war or another tsunami) comes along.

Carter is perhaps the best liar we ever had as president, yes even better the Billary......

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
is basically a "cop out" statement.

Why? I am not unequally applying my 'standard of evidence'. The idea here is that carter associates with some of the people that probably had something to do with teh oil for food scandal. That hardly makes him guilty, anymore than bush's association with ken lay makes him a culprit in the enron scandal.

If you had read the article

Why not post whatever part of the article that you found particularly damming? WorldNutDaily,(and yes, I am rather biased torwards that source, because I've seen enough garbage out of it before) simply isn't worth reading.

you would find Carter has direct ties to Vincent (the one who just made a deal to testify against others). If Vincent live long enough to actually testify it will be intresting to watch.

And has he or has he not named carter as one of the culprits?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So was Frank Carlucci, Carlyle Group's chairman 1989-2002, currently chairman emeritus of Carlyle Group. Carlucci is a former college roommate and wrestling teammate of Donald Rumsfeld and the two worked for Sears Roebuck together.

George W. Bush, an early hire of Carlyle, was placed on the board of Caterair in 1990 and served four years, before leaving to run for Texas Governor.

King Fahd, of Saudi Arabia hired Carlyle companies to protect him, as well as to manage the saudi Economic Offset Program, a government-run program that brings foreign investment into Saudi Arabia.

James Baker III is Carlyle managing director, and senior counselor. He took a position with Carlyle in 1993, and would later lead George W. Bush's successful battle for presidency during the Florida recounts.

John Major (former prime minister of the United Kingdom) is chairman of Carlyle Europe.

George H. W. Bush is a Carlyle advisor. His visits with world business leaders everywhere from Saudi Arabia to South Korea has made him an easy target.

Shafiq bin Laden (estranged half-brother of Osama bin Laden) is the representative to Carlyle for his family's investments with the company, and as such, was at the Carlyle annual investor conference in Washington, DC, on***Sept. 11, 2001***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why do the Bush supporters fail to acknowledge that the Halliburton corporation under Dick Cheney was the largest US oil company to do oil dealings with Iraq in the 90s, around $70 million I think it was?

What we need is an independent panel into the affairs of Mr Cheney and the Halliburton corporation, not a vicious attack on a man like Jimmy Carter.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Haliburton through it's subsidiaries have military contracts on anything from feeding the troops (large overcharge), laundry, and delivering mail.

Some might want to do the research on the founders (Bones Men) of Brown & Root, and see who was an early hire (Bush Sr.).

While Cheney was headquartered in Dallas (True Power $$$), he lived less than 5 miles from George "W". He had to sell his house before running for V.P.. The founding fathers made it unlawful, for the Pres. and V.P. to be from the same state. That state, might have too much power with conflicting issues (OIL)!

Now would you want to commit more troops, and bring the war to a quicker end...?? If you or "buddies" had contracts???

new topics

top topics

join