It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HLN blurs out Trump Supporter T-shirt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I thought this was kind of funny in how blatantly obvious it is the media is in it for hillary.

A good samaritan gave an interview on HLN (a CNN affiliate) and they blurred his Trump 2016 shirt.

Trump supporter Steve Eckel, a retired New Jersey police officer, learned of a 4-month-old baby locked in a car alone in a Kohl's parking lot, according to the New York Daily News.

Eckel called 911 and proceeded to use a sledgehammer to break a window and rescue the baby. 

HLN — a cable news channel owned by Turner Broadcasting, a division of Time Warner — spoke to Eckel on the air. He wore a shirt supporting the GOP presidential nominee during that live interview.

But in a replay of the interview an hour later, HLN blurred the shirt.

"We blurred the logo and shouldn’t have; it was done in error,” an HLN spokesperson tells The Hill.

In error, oh ok.

LINK

Regardless, it's a good story and kudos to the man for saving the helpless child.

edit on 1-9-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No real fan of CNN and by extension HLN...but they did the right thing in luring out the trump supporter t shirt....Yes?
Should be the same if someone had HRC t shirt...or you trying to say that CNN/HLN is in HRC's pocket?
Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

We know the man is a Trump supporter and a good guy. I do not know why it was blurred out in the second showing, maybe there is a thing about 'logos' and someone pushed the wrong button?

Regardless, we know, Steve Eckol is a hero and also a Trump supporter.

How big of an audience does HLN have, that blurring it out in the second showing, that it would cause a problem?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
No real fan of CNN and by extension HLN...but they did the right thing in luring out the trump supporter t shirt....Yes?
Should be the same if someone had HRC t shirt...or you trying to say that CNN/HLN is in HRC's pocket?
Cheers

That is what he is saying, LOL. That it is a MASSIVE conspiracy against Trump. And THIS is PROOF.

edit on 1-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

We blurred the logo and shouldn’t have; it was done in error

Miss that part? Even they said it was wrong.

So yeah, that's what I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

No, you said this

I thought this was kind of funny in how blatantly obvious it is the media is in it for hillary.

An HLN blurr and people make fun of the Mandela Effect? LOL
edit on 1-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oops...got to pay more attention...thanks.
Cheersa reply to: rockintitz

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Unless it was obscene..My next best guess would not be error, but advertising revenue. HLn and everyone else is looking for Ad revenues from the campaigns right now...No Free advertising!!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What are you on about?

Good samaritan saves baby.
Wears Trump shirt in interview.
Media replays interview. Blurs shirt.

That is what happened. Not a conspiracy theory, no ME. Already said I was having a laugh.

Sheesh, you guys need to mellow

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I`d probably buy that if they didn't admit it was done in error.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Nice, so there was no intent here guys.

All good
edit on 446k2016Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yep some people that participate in forum chat feel obligated to attempt to demean people to strengthen their own persona.

To your post...I think its laughable as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Isn't it fairly normal for a copyrighted slogan or design to be blurred out in interviews? I always assumed it was done to avoid any possibility of a lawsuit for unlawful use of a copyrighted slogan or emblem. I've seen it done lots of times when someone was wearing a band T or slogan in an interview and it was blurred out. I'm guessing someone in the editing room decided to play it safe.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. I just shared the link to the video on social media because this is a great example of the censorship and bias we are seeing from the mainstream media. Kudos to you!!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Cheers

You don't know that CNN is in HRC's pocket? Where hast thou been?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly.

Like their name says it all.

Clinton News Network

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

They're saying the media supports Hillary. They're saying this was a political move rather than an editorial one.
Never mind that trump takes up 35 minutes out of every news hour around the clock.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

HLN admitted they made an error, so it would appear thete is no such issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What happened to the "the media is in it for Hillary" part? You opened with it. They said it was an error now what?

Guess they're not in it for her.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They're saying the media supports Hillary. They're saying this was a political move rather than an editorial one.
Never mind that trump takes up 35 minutes out of every news hour around the clock.

The DNC admitted to media influence when they got exposed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join