It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Study Areas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am back in college once again. You can almost say that I am a career college student at this point, because in every career I have partaken, I have gone back to school again.

To the point . . . I bring my lunch because that is what I can afford to do. At my college we have a small area for people to eat at, I don't think it is called a student union here but is the same concept with one place that has food, the bookstore, and vending machines. There is a large room with tables to eat at. However, every time I go in there I have to sit at the bench-like couches that line the walls because everyone is studying at the eating tables.

Now, I understand that people want to study at a table, but the campus is full of places like that. The library has almost no books but lots of study stations and even study rooms. There are also dedicated study rooms in several other buildings (including the student union area).

So I am thus exasperated that everyone chooses to study in the one place that is designated for eating (eating is not allowed anywhere else).

Ok, rant over . . .

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89
people suck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I used to just go eat lunch in my truck when I was in college.

(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

Get over it. Not everyone's life plan includes working themselves to death.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

When I went to college, we used to study at the tables because there was space to spread out and that's where the ashtrays were.

(We used to smoke indoors back then)

(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not everyone's life is your life. Lots of people, including the OP, love learning. They save and save and pinch pennies to further their careers and move on to something else. It doesn't affect you in the least.

Not everyone needs to work ten hours a day to support their lifestyle. They're still allowed to make rants in the Rant section.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
When I saw the title, I was expecting the topic to be the other way round, i.e. a complaint that designated study areas were being taken up for other purposes. I could understand that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Greetings!!

College, that was a fun 10 years..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Get over it. Not everyone's life plan includes working themselves to death.

This is true. Why kill yourself for 10 hours a day and miss out on life and family. Get a degree. Find a job. Overtime is a part of life you can't run from, but it doesn't have to be an everyday thing. Make twice as much as guy that works 10+ hours a day. Spend time with family and enjoy life.

I did 12 hour shift work. Make money, but guess what.... no time to enjoy it.

Guys posts above yours is just mad he's working life away instead of enjoying it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well that sucks. Find a quiet place in a graduate student building. If you can.
edit on 1-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

[snip]

Get over yourself. You know nothing about me from this except that I am back at school. How do you go from there to over-fed (I bring a sandwich, snack and chips with a drink), over weight ( I am average, not in great shape but not over weight either), and can't hold job (I quit, they begged to keep me).

And don't complain about 10hr work shifts to me either. My last career (6 yrs) was as a cop. I worked 12 hr shifts which usually meant working 13-16 hrs a day because your tour never ends on time, probably for less pay than you make flipping burgers. And I quit working as a cop for two reasons: 1) I got sick of the politics and corruption & 2) my back does not allow me to safely perform the required functions. And no I am not on unemployment either thank you very much.

So I don't want or care to hear your whining about what I do to better myself.
edit on 1-9-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And yes, it does perturb me when people eat in the study areas too, which is why I go to the eating area for such. And eating in the car gets way too hot (no AC, but that would cost in gas anyways).

Yeah, college was fun when I was a kid. Now I just try and get from it what I can and get back home to the family.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

(post by CherryScoggin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CherryScoggin

It's cool huh?

Hocking research papers, lol....

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

(post by KatiVillafana removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join