It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELF Seeks to overthrow the World Governments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So basically a cat-eating alien and the Keebler boys are plotting world domination?

Man, what's the world coming to!!!???

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Listen folks, how do you quanitify suffering? You can't and all terrorist groups bring that so one is as bad as the other.

WHAT?! How can one even begin to equate hippies who commit their vandalism (which is wrong but not at all equal) late at night when nobody is around, to groups whose objectives are to kill as many innocent people as possible? I'm not sure what the objective of the creator of this thread is, but this is the second one sounding the alarm about these dangerous, crazed environmentalists. However I do not see any threads by DrHoracid warning of the threat of rascist, radical christian groups who bomb abortion clinics (aiming to kill), I'll bet he backs their agenda, just a hunch. And suffering can easily be quantified, would you rather lose property that will be replaced by insurance, or lose a child? No comparison at all.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Bauer.....

shut up,

if you want to talk about other matters outside of this thread choose the correct thread, otherwise stick to ELF and ALF

You can shut up instead Spacemunkey.

You have voted Bauer 51 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
These group have been allowed to fly under the radar for far too long. Until recently I didn't realize just how "radical" and violent they had become.

Far too many people just seem to laugh at PETA and "treehuggers" as simple wackos, the ELF and ALF are very dangerous.

Be VERY careful which groups you put together. PETA has no affiliation with ELF or ALF. PETA does not engage it terrorist activities. PETA mainly organizes events or protests to the unethical treatment of animals. If you saw some of the footage that they have gathered in our nations meat processing plants, it would turn even your stomach.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
merc.....

another of your very constructive posts........

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Bauer.....

shut up,

if you want to talk about other matters outside of this thread choose the correct thread, otherwise stick to ELF and ALF

Un called for. Who put you in charge???

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

merc.....

another of your very constructive posts........

It was more constructive than the post you made. So with all due respect. F*** YOU!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A few people might eventually be killed by ELF/ALF's vandalism, but fact is right now we have plenty of other domestic terrorists and organized criminals already committing murder to focus attention on. The media devotes time to ELF's latest fire-bombing of an SUV dealership, but I rarely see them talk about how there are plenty of other groups (anti-choice extremists, KKK, organized street gangs, militia, Russian mafia, etc.) committing countless murders each year on our own soil, contributing greatly to America's astounding murder rate.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well I've never heard of the ELF before this thread, we just get the ALF and there violence over here at the moment, and they're becoming more 'active'.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Merc,

Can you not post a responsible reply to this thread?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I beleive i did when i voted bauer51 way above top secret. I cant say it any better than what he said. Read his initial post again (as you obviously didnt the first time you commented) and that might give you a slight indication as to what my beliefs are regarding this issue. Anything else?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Merc

It shows a lack of vocabulary when you resort to using bad language.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Allright, the war is over. Let's stick with the topic and stop with the insults.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Edited by the author to remove comments made after reading dbates above post.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by MERC]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The question is when when do we class an extreme group such as the ALF and ELF as a terrorist group???

Before or after an event that kills?

I dont hold to the thinking that ELF are after overthrowing world governments though, but I could be wrong. Can a group like this muster enough support to make a change?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The question is when when do we class an extreme group such as the ALF and ELF as a terrorist group???

Before or after an event that kills?

After, otherwise we must class ALL extreme groups, of any kind, terrorist groups. There's alot of extreme groups out there. Vandalism is not terror, otherwise graffiti crews would be terrorists, people who TP houses would be terrorists, terrorism is the threat of violence and death, not property destruction.

I dont hold to the thinking that ELF are after overthrowing world governments though, but I could be wrong. Can a group like this muster enough support to make a change?

No, they are misguided and will never gain their objectives using the means they do.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
IMHO if you want to start comparing groups with terrorists then the sort of organizations that the ELF and the ALF target are terrorists.
People who make a living from the suffering of animals and the Earth.

The ELF and ALF are not responsible for the actions of people who carry out acts using the ELF or ALF name.
There is no membership as such, just loosely linked groups of ppl.
Card carrying members of the "Friends of the ALF" do not carry out direct action.
Anyone could blow up a McDonald's and kill ppl then claim to be ALF "members".
I used to be heavily involved in "animal liberation" and we would use the ALF slogan. But it was used the same way you would use a peace sign. It's just a slogan to show where you are coming from, not membership of an organization. And we targeted property (property is theft) not ppl, not one single person was physically harmed by me or my "friends".
I think it's funny ppl support governments that have and are killing thousands upon thousands of people, but threaten your steak and hamburgers ooh sacrilege!!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
It's just a slogan to show where you are coming from, not membership of an organization.

People should use that excuse when they parade around in a nazi uniform. I dont see peace signs held up by these idiots. They are people who bully and terrorise people who are trying to make a living. People who conducting research for the greater good of mankind rather than living out some selfish ideology. These people are non-productive brats who treat the whole events as great fun and a right old jolly up. Whats also common is this conduct attracts the scum of the society, football hoodlums and the like, who are only out to cause trouble.

Originally posted by ANOKAnd we targeted property (property is theft) not ppl, not one single person was physically harmed by me or my "friends".

Oh that’s ok you didn’t attack any people - you just attack their lively hood. Its quite silly logic explaining why its ok to attack another persons property - you disgust me - what if the person decides to defend his property or even destroys some your families property. Why dont these brats be humane enough and volunteer their services for these testing procedures.

Animal rights activists are bordering on terrorists - certainly criminal.

Originally posted by ANOKI think it's funny ppl support governments that have and are killing thousands upon thousands of people

Here we have it - the political axe to grid - the missing distiction of a terrorist - we already have the terror and violence. This is straight out of the animal rights/stop the war moral handbook. Im glad its not these idiots arent making any important moral and ethical decisions that the leaders of our countries have to bear because alot more people would die.

Its a far easier and more worryingly popular in our current times, to take the argumentative stance of the activist but some people have to make the important decisions rather than decide where to have the next jolly up. Im glad its not these selfish weak indiviuals.

ANOK did you and your "friends" report your "peaceful" protest to the appropriate authorities or did you cower away giggling from the crime scene. You should be ashamed not proud.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Vanguard]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sry vanguard but if someone CHOOSES to make their living from taking away the life of an animal or another person then I cannot respect their choice. No matter how much you may think it benefits us.
It's got nothing to do with having a "jolly up" as you call it. Believe me it wasn't fun entering animal torture chambers and seeing what I did.
Because of ALF activists many of those animals are now in safe places where they won't end up like this;
(warning graphic pics)

www.all-creatures.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Listen folks, how do you quanitify suffering? You can't and all terrorist groups bring that so one is as bad as the other.

WHAT?! How can one even begin to equate hippies who commit their vandalism (which is wrong but not at all equal) late at night when nobody is around, to groups whose objectives are to kill as many innocent people as possible? I'm not sure what the objective of the creator of this thread is, but this is the second one sounding the alarm about these dangerous, crazed environmentalists. However I do not see any threads by DrHoracid warning of the threat of rascist, radical christian groups who bomb abortion clinics (aiming to kill), I'll bet he backs their agenda, just a hunch. And suffering can easily be quantified, would you rather lose property that will be replaced by insurance, or lose a child? No comparison at all.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by 27jd]

No, you can't quantify human suffering. It is just not possible because there is no measure between people. I am not talking about between situations to the same person.

In any case, any group that seeks to murder others for any reason are just a stone throw away from being successful. Once they are they move into the same category.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join