It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELF Seeks to overthrow the World Governments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
"San Diego's Channel 10 interviewed former Earth Liberation Front spokesman Leslie James Pickering in February in which the apologist for terrorism did an excellent job of summarizing the views of ELF extremists,

Violence is a necessary element of an oppressive struggle.

And certainly the ALF and ELF are nothing if not oppressive.

Pickering added that the goal of ELF activists should be nothing less than the overthrow of the United States government,"

Terrorist Site

Although short this article is quite "telling" as to the intent of this homegrown terror network. This is no less important than Islamo-terror. Most of the members of ELF and ALF are young, highly motivated, extremist with no real understanding of earths environment whatsoever.

This group of "enviro-morons" is actually doing more harm to thier beloved "earth" that helping it.

[Had to revise this leadin a bit to reflect the true nature of these terrorist.]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I don't know man, this smells funny to me. I think this is a good example of fear mongering to justify the intensification of domestic supression. A red herring. This guy is accesible enough to do a public interview, but clandestine enough to prevent his arrest. Sounds fishy to me. I'd venture to say this guy is probably an Agent. I mean come on, if I were advocating the violent overthrow of the US government, how long do you think it woudl take them to track me down, but this guy is doing interviews? Hog wash.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Did you hear about the ALF in the UK?

Because a family happened to sell products via there business, to a animal research centre, something like pet bedding, the ALF dug up the grave of the grandmother of the family and they still havent found the body. The ALF are quite extreme in the UK - firebombing, intimidation destruction of property etc. etc.

Quite sad really, they need to get a proper perspective on life.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
spacemunkey: not only in the UK, all over the world really.

In the 90's they burnt down a douzen fastfood restaurants in belgium and did a bunch of other edgy protests, then some of them were caught and put in jail for larceny(sp?)

They are also responsible for several fires in the US, france and holland.
Luckely they didn't pull a stunt like grave robery over here.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Although I am all for the ethical treatment of animals I do not agree that any of the tactics used by the ALF are justified in any circumstance. They have terrorised people for far to long and it is about time they cracked down on them. They have sent death threats and firebombed the house of a 80 year old grandmother just because some member of their family works for a company that delivers water to a company that does animal testing, it is totally wrong and I'd wouldn't complain if they were all sent to gitmo bay and tortured by the US Army or tested on with biological and chemical weapons.

I heard an interview with a member of the ALF on radio 4 recently and they were seriously suggesting that the mass murder of billions (Yes Billions)of people was justified in the name of animal rights. They suggested that they would be happy for the world population to be cut down to 10% of the current by any means neccesary.

They are worse than any islamic terrorist group in my view as the islamic terror threat is fake anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Arnold, I heard the very same programme on Radio 4, the old lady, she must have been in her mid 60's, championing intimidation and violence. I really cant believe our government is allowing this to go on. They should be classed as terrorists as many of the ALF movements condone the violence.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
ELF is a terrorist organization and should be treated exactly as al-Qaeda.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
These group have been allowed to fly under the radar for far too long. Until recently I didn't realize just how "radical" and violent they had become.

Far too many people just seem to laugh at PETA and "treehuggers" as simple wackos, the ELF and ALF are very dangerous.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wasnt there a post like this yesterday by you?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Get off your high horses.

When the ELF/ALF slams planes into buildings, when they detonate themselves in a tent full of American GIs eating lunch, when they behead journalists and businessmen, when they starve and massacre hundreds of schoolchildren with their parents, when they set off nail-packed bombs on loaded commuter trains, then I will consider their threat to be on the level of the international Islamist terror threat.

When the ELF/ALF starts parking truck bombs in front of federal building day care centers, when they send Anthrax through the mail, when they drag people behind pick-up trucks on dirt roads for miles and miles, when they start stockpiling cyanide gas and .50 caliber sniper rifles, then I will consider their threat to be on the level of the domestic right-wing militia movement.

Until then, the ELF/ALF are just loudmouth punks that like to play with matches.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You have voted Bauer 51 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Yeah, couldnt have said it better myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Bauer.....

shut up,

if you want to talk about other matters outside of this thread choose the correct thread, otherwise stick to ELF and ALF

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Bauer.....

shut up,

if you want to talk about other matters outside of this thread choose the correct thread, otherwise stick to ELF and ALF

His post was a direct comment regarding ELF, I dont understand your logic. He gave an opinion on the validity of ELF. Thats about as on topic as anything else.

You shut up maybe?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Bauer.....

shut up,

Rude........

And I think he did stick to the topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Listen folks, how do you quanitify suffering? You can't and all terrorist groups bring that so one is as bad as the other.

9-11 wasn't a big deal outside of the people that died, because they had insurance just like the folks who lost their shops by ELF.

Some people love so much that they hate (which seems contradictory, but try to get near a bear cub...)

I honestly think an effort needs to be made to work with them within reason to stem the tide of the influencial people within the group. Perhaps both sides could learn something new and gain new perspective.

There is no penalty for optimism. If that doesn't work, slam them with the label of terrorist on the evening news.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes, he did stick to the topic.

And he got a vote from me as well.

Be sure to follow the Bush dynasty's line little ones.

Let's focus on "domestic terrorists".

After little ELF and ALF, it'll be the likes of Alex Jones and John Stewart.

Cause you know, they've been against our fair dynasty from the very beginning.

Then we should focus on those pesky domestic terrorists called the Militias.
They've been asking for it for years.

After we've got the Militias, let's get rid of that horrible terrorist organization called the NRA. They've had it coming for a long time.

Now that the NRA is MIA, we might as well start rounding up any gun owners who do not wish to part with their firearms.

Hell, we've come this far, now let's start grabbing anyone with a different view.

Indeed. Our new slogan can be:
"What a wonderful world this could be, if everyone conformed like me"

Amen brothers! Conformity and National Suicide are a commin!

Rejoice!

You're watching it all fall down, and it makes me sick that so many choose to embrace it.

X

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So Bauer answer me a question....

What acts does a person / group have to do to become a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was responding to those posters who were suggesting that ELF/ALF is somehow as dangerous or more dangerous as the international Sunni Jihadist network that includes the groups of Osama Bin Laden, Abu Musab al Zarqawi, and Shamil Basayev and to those posters who seem to trumpet the threat of a bunch of SUV-torching hippies while seemingly silent on the White Supremacy Patriot movement which has been slowly regrouping since Oklahoma City.

So in that case I was very much on point. Granted ELF's vandalism and arson has been dangerous at times, but I am laughing my butt off if you think they are ever gonna grow the cajones to produce terrorists as bloodthirsty and vicious as Ramzi Yousef, Timothy McVeigh, Mohammed Atta, or Orlando Bosch.

As to your question...A person, of course, becomes a terrorist when they use violence for political or other ideological means. If these ELF/ALF punks commit crimes, vandalism, arson on behalf of political means, they should be considered acts of political terrorism and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But you are sorely sorely misguided, IMHO, if you think that our terror-fighting resources should be putting these potheads that have firebombed a couple buildings (not nearly as many as the right-wing S.O.G. movement) at anywhere near the same priority as the people who brought down the trade center and chopped Daniel Pearl's head off.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Bauer ...a bit strong telling you to shut up.

But all the people my age have lived with terrorism for many years in th UK. I was born in 71, three years after the troubles started in NI. I have friends / relatives who have been murdered by terrorists

But they are not potheads as you call them, far from it. Im not to sure of the situation you have in the states with them but over in the UK they are very well organised and its just a question of when and where they will commit murder.

An interesting link I just found before, in that the FBI consider them terrorists.

www.fbresearch.org...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by spacemunkey]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by spacemunkey]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

So Bauer answer me a question....

What acts does a person / group have to do to become a terrorist?

Shine a lazer in an airplane cabin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join