It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out Hillary...that light at the end of tunnel is the Trump Train

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's just one National Poll, and it's within the margin of error, but...

Hillary Clinton’s post-convention lead has disappeared, putting her behind Donald Trump for the first time nationally since mid-July. The latest weekly Rasmussen Reports White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Trump with 40% support to Clinton’s 39% among Likely U.S. Voters, after Clinton led 42% to 38% a week ago.

I find it kind of funny, because after Clinton got her convention bump people (pundits mainly) were already calling the election for Clinton - and even speculating about when Trump would drop out of the race!

And here's an interesting bit...Trump is ahead in the cross-over vote.

Trump attracts 15% of Democrats, while 12% of Republicans prefer Clinton.

Trump Leads in National Poll

There's a long way to go to November, of course, but it looks like it is going to be a real fun ride!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The funniest part is trump fans saying polls are rigged, well not the one he wins do.

Trump train choo choo

edit on 1-9-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Yeah he's going to close the gap I'm sure, but it'll be close regardless.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Other polls from USA today/Suffolk still have Hillary up by 7, and leading by 5 in Pennsylvania.

I do expect as we get closer to the debate we'll see an even 50/50 or a 49/52 split for either. Once we have that first debate that's when the real polling data will start to reflect November 8th.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ha ha this week polls count.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
is there a watchdog website that lists the accuracy of all these various polls? It seems like that's the first question. How accurate is a particular poll historically.

it seems that over the last 10 years the media is always asking after an election how did the polls get it so wrong?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some places have some data:

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yeah he's going to close the gap I'm sure, but it'll be close regardless.

Other polls from USA today/Suffolk still have Hillary up by 7, and leading by 5 in Pennsylvania.

I do expect as we get closer to the debate we'll see an even 50/50 or a 49/52 split for either. Once we have that first debate that's when the real polling data will start to reflect November 8th.

~Tenth

Yes, the Debates will likely be like Super Bowls I, II and III.

I wonder if there will be pre-game tail-gate parties...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The only one that truly counts is the one on November 8th.

But it's entertaining to watch the weekly "regular season" results.

ETA: It will also be interesting to see how the Clinton campaign reacts as her lead continues to narrow, or disappears. What tactics will she employ to try to shake up the electorate? She has already played the Race, Gender, Religion, White Supremacist, Hitler, Tax Returns, and Loose Cannon/Nuke Code cards to no apparent avail. What will she have left to try to "frame the narrative" about Trump?

edit on 1-9-2016 by mobiusmale because: ETA, typos

edit on 1-9-2016 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess his softening or alleged softening gave Trump a boost nationally?? I wonder how much his speech last night will affect the polls in the coming week.

Oh wait he is already back tracking on his speech last night?

Trumperflopping all the way till November?? Keep the people guessing surely will bring him victory in November won't it???
edit on 1-9-2016 by WilburnRoach because: clinton fault

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Rasmussen is known to be biased-right.

Trump has been ahead in virtually every poll Rasmussen has done to date.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: carewemust

Some places have some data:

~Tenth

thankyou!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oh if we thought the primary debates were good, I think we are in for a hell of surprise.

It's going to be a sh.t show

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Rasmussen is known to be biased-right.

Trump has been ahead in virtually every poll Rasmussen has done to date./shrug

I think, if you read the information at the link, Hillary was leading on the last Poll they did, so...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He's doing a lot better but he has to flip like 7 states. Might be able to pull it off but it will be very difficult. I think that was her plan, just kind of sit back and coast it out. Don't think she can do that anymore. Nobody saw the Weiner thing coming. Really hurt her, that's her right hand woman. Shows some serious poor judgement in picking staff. Then more lawsuits, the leaks. She is going to get smashed hard if she does not start beefing up her campaign trail and start answering some tough questions which she refuses to do. Where is the training records of her staff at the SD? Why did they not take those required annual courses? A judge wants answers like now.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yep, Clinton's number are coming down from her bounce...that is expected.

But Trump's support is also declining.

From your same poll:

Clinton's support has been trending down from a high of 44% in early August just after the Democratic National Convention. This is her lowest level of support since mid-July. Trump's support has been eroding, too, from his high of 44% at that time. A one-point lead is statistically insignificant in a survey with a +/- 3 percentage point of margin of error. It highlights, however, that this remains a very close race.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yeah...and we better watch too. That "Trump Light" will be the flash of a thousand crap wired nukes coming from 2nd and 3rd world countries he pi---s off.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What Trump needs to focus on is the general unfairness of Obama and Hillary on Illegal Aliens. People that went through the system legally, it took years and costs a lot of money. So all these people get a free pass? That is wrong and not fair to them. Anybody who went through that rigorous process would say the same and it all starts at the top which is Obama not wanting to protect the borders, just hand out free passes. No. That is not fair and we are a country of fairness.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
What Trump needs to focus on is the general unfairness of Obama and Hillary on Illegal Aliens. People that went through the system legally, it took years and costs a lot of money. So all these people get a free pass? That is wrong and not fair to them. Anybody who went through that rigorous process would say the same and it all starts at the top which is Obama not wanting to protect the borders, just hand out free passes. No. That is not fair and we are a country of fairness.

First of all, saying we are a country of fairness is a matter of opinion...one which I disagree with you on.

Second, Trump has tried your approach...it doesn't work, must of the country doesn't share your or Trump's position on immigration.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You know it';s strange seeing this mocking of Trump supporters for their skepticism of polls considering we just went 8 years of left wingers and Democrats telling us bad Obama polls were meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join