It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Clinton won't share the stage at first Presidential Debate (EDIT: it's the first FORUM)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What I'd like to see, separate from any audience or other official mucking about ... is one camera and both Clinton and Trump sitting in easy chairs by a coffee table.

I'd like to see them have a reasonable and factually based conversation in which they outline their different goals for America, or yell and scream at each other if that's what they want to do for their hour.

I don't give a crap about prepared questions or pat answers. I want to see two human beings sit down and have a conversation and TELL US what they are about.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And to boot, Lauer is a Hillary sycophant. I'm sure he'll be as easy on Trump as he is Clinton.

It’s worth noting that Lauer is listed as a “notable past member” on the Clinton Global Initiative’s website — along with Anderson Cooper and Katie Couric.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: UKTruth

EDIT : maybe this is not even an official debate??? It seems to be happening next week.
Pretty unexpected pre-season show.

If it's not an official debate, then there is no dumb, stupid, dumb rule that should exclude third party candidates.

Well Trump and Hillary both try and dictate these debates. The networks will give in to demands because these get ratings. One will threaten not to show up if Johnson is aloud on. Hillary and Trumps only chance is the public hates the other more. God forbid people see a way out of this mess.

link   
the hardest question Matt Lauer will put to Hillary Clinton is, how is your health? And then he will ask her to open a pickle jar to prove it. And that will be the end of her segment.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
You are right - this is a first 'forum' ? I didn;t know they were having forums as well as debates?

They did in '08:
www.c-span.org.../presidential-candidates-forum

Presidential Candidates Forum Senators John McCain and Barack Obama were interviewed separately by Judy Woodruff and Richard Stengel. The candidates greeted each other as they…

a reply to: Gryphon66
Starred that. Can you imagine your usual opponents not being ever entirely hate filled and perpetually dead set against you?
edit on 1-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is a different event that is from MSNBC and has been scheduled for a while. I've seen commercials for weeks and they are answering questions from ex-military only.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No it's not so trump can't ask Hillary questions.
It's an event sponsored by nbc and is not associated with the debates.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
What I'd like to see, separate from any audience or other official mucking about ... is one camera and both Clinton and Trump sitting in easy chairs by a coffee table.

I'd like to see them have a reasonable and factually based conversation in which they outline their different goals for America, or yell and scream at each other if that's what they want to do for their hour.

I don't give a crap about prepared questions or pat answers. I want to see two human beings sit down and have a conversation and TELL US what they are about.

You and me both - can't see it happening though.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DAVID64

No it's not so trump can't ask Hillary questions.
It's an event sponsored by nbc and is not associated with the debates.

NBC? The Nobody But Clinton network? They'll lob the same softball questions to Trump as they do their gal Hill, I just know it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Starred that. Can you imagine your usual opponents not being ever entirely hate filled and perpetually dead set against you?

Not really, I'm pretty much an irascible SOB.

A bit more seriously, I'd love to see all discourse limited somehow to the factual, provable, and "true."

As a realist, I know very well that at our best, we only achieve an approximation of that ideal, however.

edit on 1-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Sorry formatting

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You would lose that bet because the questions were scripted by veterans. I have known about this event for weeks. I can't believe you guys are just hearing about it. It's a commander in chief forum where veterans ask questions pertaining to national security.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You would lose that bet because the questions were scripted by veterans. I have known about this event for weeks. I can't believe you guys are just hearing about it. It's a commander in chief forum where veterans ask questions pertaining to national security.

I'm sure they have their operatives at all levels of credibility.

The deeper they are, the easier it is to fool and lie to the public voters.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wow. How'd that turn out?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ok. What ever. Try to have an intelligent conversation ...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They are back to back. I think Clinton at nine and trump at ten.
What does it matter if one can hear the others answers or not?

If anything it would be trump. He goes second.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That would be interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The questions come from the veterans.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How did Hillary ever try to dictate the debates?

Trumps shameful attempt where he claimed that the NFL sent him a letter, him not the national debate committee, but to him, asking that the debate not be scheduled against an NFL game. Saying look the NFL recognises ME Donald j trump as the official person to contact about the debate schedule. Until the NFL called him out.

But that's it there was no other attempt to dictate the debates. Just his.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Third time...
The veterans have scripted the questions. NBC is just the host.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join