It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Clinton won't share the stage at first Presidential Debate (EDIT: it's the first FORUM)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
According to the Daily caller, the 1st debate on NBC has been shortened to 1hour and Trump and Clinton will appear back to back to answer questions on National Security. The title is a question as I am waiting to see if this is confirmed elsewhere...

This seems like a short time - I think it means they will only get 30 minutes each?

The host will be Matt Lauar.

Daily caller news on debate

This seems like a very odd way to run a debate - they must not be being asked the same questions, otherwise one would have time to hone the answer.

EDIT : maybe this is not even an official debate??? It seems to be happening next week.
Pretty unexpected pre-season show.
edit on 1/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think you are confused or your source is..

www.debates.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 9/1/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

www.debates.org...

You are right - this is a first 'forum' ? I didn;t know they were having forums as well as debates?
Apparently so.
EDIT in OP.

edit on 1/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's so that Trump can't directly ask Hillary questions or put her on the spot. If they get a list of questions, you can bet Hillary gets a preview of it and comes out with scripted answers. This is a BS way to run a debate.

It’s worth noting that Lauer is listed as a “notable past member” on the Clinton Global Initiative’s website — along with Anderson Cooper and Katie Couric. Read more: dailycaller.com...

Nah. He won't be biased at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This is not one of the debates, this is a forum.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sounds like Bilary is scurred.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

It IS a Forum - didn;t even know one was happening and apparently this is only the first? Very odd format.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I bet the questions and time limits will be scripted in favor of The Clinton Candidate.

Too many NBC/MSNBC people involved that have ties to the Clinton Foundation(s).

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kruphix

It IS a Forum - didn;t even know one was happening and apparently this is only the first? Very odd format.

Odd format indeed. they want to see how Hillary fairs in general, first. House of cards that.

By the By...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

EDIT : maybe this is not even an official debate??? It seems to be happening next week.

If it's not an official debate, then there is no dumb, stupid, dumb rule that should exclude third party candidates.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thread already here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

www.debates.org...

It's the source. It's the DailyCaller. They're a hack news site that is wrong about a lot of things. Usually on purpose.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

He will get his chance don't worry , you are crying foul before anything had even happened.
I'm sure she chomping at the bits to get in a stage with him.
She knows how to answer the questions she is going to get from the Don.
I say that because we all know how she is, she will answer them without actually answering and without getting stumbled. This is not a praise of her, just the fact of the matter.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If it's not an official debate, then there is no dumb, stupid, dumb rule that should exclude third party candidates.

True that

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

www.debates.org...

It's the source. It's the DailyCaller. They're a hack news site that is wrong about a lot of things. Usually on purpose.

They were correct - they were talking about the Forum , not the debate. It was me who mistook it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

www.debates.org...

They exposed the Clinton Foundation connections.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You'd have to show me the article to know what you're talking about.
edit on 1-9-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
who will go first? And will the second candidate be able to hear the answers given by the first candidate?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You'd have to show me the article to know what you're talking about.

Burp.

Matt Lauer Will Moderate The First Forum Between Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton

On Wednesday, Sept. 7, NBC News and MSNBC — along with the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America — will host the the Commander-in-Chief Forum in New York City.

It will be a one-hour forum where Clinton and Trump will answer questions about national security, military affairs and veterans issues in front of an audience mainly made up of members of the military. The two candidates will not be on the stage at the same time, but will instead go back to back.

It’s worth noting that Lauer is listed as a “notable past member” on the Clinton Global Initiative’s website — along with Anderson Cooper and Katie Couric.

burp.

FLASHBACK: Matt Lauer Was Listed as a ‘Notable Member’ of Clinton Foundation Initiative

NBC’s Matt Lauer, who NBC Universal recently announced would moderate the upcoming Commander-in-Chief Forum with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, was once listed as a “notable member” of the Clinton Global Initiative, the leadership arm of the Clinton Foundation.

The page on the Clinton Foundation website that listed several other prominent journalists as members as well has since been deleted. But Mediaite screencapped the page when it was first reported on back in 2015.

burp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join