It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trumps 10 point plan on immigration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

I know right? As long as Ive been voting...we've waited for candidates to do what they promised if/when they get in. Almost none have.

They get in...get a few wake-up Security briefings about deals and agreements we've made they knew nothing about....then all of a sudden...they are in and...what happened to keeping their promises?

Im afraid this time is no different. Whomever gets in (and neither of them deserves to anyway)...they will fall short on the promises they made to get there.

I wanna shout "PEOPLE! Open your eyes! Its lies...all lies" Time will tell...and they will see. We all will see that bright flash of light and say.."What the he......!" BOOM!

Doesnt matter Don or Hillary. Just with one...the end will come sooner.....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You have a lot of "can't" in you today.

If we can't do the things we have to do to be a country, then the country is already dissolved. That means no more
  • Federal laws
  • Federal courts (including the Supreme Court) and all decisions
  • EPA or their regulations
  • FBI
  • CIA
  • NSA
  • TSA
  • Federal income tax or IRS
  • Military
  • ICE or Border Control (obviously)
  • DEA
  • Post Offices
  • Social Security
  • Federal money for state programs
  • US Constitution (including the Bill of Rights)
  • US Congress
  • Presidency
  • OSHA
  • Federal Loan guarantors (Freddie Mac/Fannie May)
  • National Parks
  • NASA
  • And probably dozens more I can't think of.

I'd be scared if I thought you were correct. We have the greatest country that ever existed on this planet. That's a long way to fall if it were to dissolve.

TheRedneck

edit on 9/1/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

He never said anyhting about "softening his stance" you liar.

He has only suggested the possibility of softening his approach.

His immigration policy has never changed.

Ever.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

He has only suggested the possibility of softening his approach.

His immigration policy has never changed.

Ever.

This is what Trump said TODAY on Laura Ingrahm's radio show.

The Republican nominee’s latest comment — to conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham, no less — makes it even harder to pin down just where Trump is landing on the hot-button issue, and amplifies the pick-what-you-want-to-hear nature of his talk on immigration.

“You’re going to be asked this, so I might as well ask it,” Ingraham said to Trump during a radio interview. “The line last week [was] you were softening on immigration, then you come out with a very specific, very pro-enforcement plan last night. Where’s the softening?”

Passing on the chance to disavow the prior “softening” narrative, Trump insisted instead, "Oh, there’s softening. Look, we do it in a very humane way, and we’re going to see with the people that are in the country. Obviously I want to get the gang members out, the drug peddlers out, I want to get the drug dealers out. We’ve got a lot of people in this country that you can’t have, and those people we’ll get out."

"And then we’re going to make a decision at a later date once everything is stabilized," Trump continued. "I think you’re going to see there’s really quite a bit of softening."

So yeah...he has said it...multiple times...and then he reverses and says he didn't...then he says he is "softening" again.

Flip Flop Flip Flop Flip Flop.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I hate to break it to you, but the plan is mad. It makes no sense whatsoever and is based on a false premise - that immigration has exploded. It hasn't. It's lessening, as Obama has been deporting quite a lot of people (but then that would mean that Trump recognises reality, not his strongest suit). Oh and immigration from Syria is incredibly tightly monitored. Waiting list for vetting can be measured in years.
Trump's throwing red meat to a lynch mob of white male rednecks. Again.

edit on 1-9-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for your input here...its much appreciated. Sir, its just my tone today for the wide-eyed masses. I work for the city gov., I volunteer as a 1st Responder trained by Homeland Security, and on an Emergency Response Team as well. I also teach CPR, A.E.D., 1st Aid and my forte' is Emergency Medical Triage. I love what I do for our citizens...

With triage...its all about quick and proficient assessment to save lives. As with my opinion...perhaps harder today than other days...I am seeing lengthy and at times irrational expectations based on promises you and I both know wont or cant be completed.

I wish our country was like the one we thought it was when we were still in school. But we grew up...I hope this time around its for the better. One can hope, you know? Its just so many are falling for the oratories of both sides...We can hope though. Right?

America CAN become great again. We just need stronger leaders...and from my end (more volunteers!) We need more everywhere....

Thank You again...MS

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Thaere is no change in Trump's policy listed there.

Nice try.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You just accused kruphix of being a liar and stated that Trump never said anything about "softening his stance".

kruphix Just showed the quotes of your savior clearly stating that he was softening his stance.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

3. 'Zero tolerance for criminal aliens,' and a promise to deport 'illegal immigrants who are arrested for any crime whatsoever.'

So they get a pass on the first crime of illegally entering the country. Criminal status starts with a second crime.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Trump never used the word stance.

Trump never changed his policy.

Define softening. Calling them undocumented instead of illegals?

That is not a change of policy or stance.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Stance only describes a persons attitude towards something and he changed his attitude towards immigration, but because he didn't use the word stance you deny the change.

Oh, there’s softening. Look, we do it in a very humane way, and we’re going to see with the people that are in the country

I think you’re going to see there’s really quite a bit of softening

Trump said that.

You said that to kruphix.

You are either being shameless or you can't tell the sky from the ground.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, the top priority is crime #2... or 3, 4, 5... 367, 368....

It makes good sense to go after the larger issue first, but that doesn't mean ignoring the smaller problems.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Stance in this context has a very specific meaning. Trump did not change his stance.

Trump reaffirmed his consistent stance.

It was all media spin.

Don't just take my word for it.

EMPHASIS MINE

Trump doubles down on hard-line immigration STANCE: ‘There will be no amnesty’

Holly Bailey
National Correspondent
August 31, 2016
PHOENIX — After days of hints that he MIGHT soften his approach to appeal to more moderate voters, Donald Trump reiterated his hard-line proposals for tackling illegal immigration, insisting there would be “no amnesty” for those who come into the country illegally and proposing restrictions to limit legal immigration as well.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Don't just take my word for it.

I'm not. I am going by what Trump said TODAY.

Should we not take him for hs word either?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

He did use the word soften but it seems like his position hasn't changed much. He is just acting more empahetic... that is how I see it anyway... Is that what you mean when you say his stance has softened? Or are you saying he has changed his policy? Because those are actually 2 different things..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If we can't enforce our laws, protect our citizenry, or secure our borders, we have no business calling ourselves a country.

TheRedneck

Like enforcement of the Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2005? AKA the pesky law that Trump doesn't even know exists and "trumps" half of his 12 step plan?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join