It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trumps 10 point plan on immigration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So after reading a few threads on here I decided to look for myself and I came across this

Text Donald Trump outlined an aggressive plan to deal with America's swelling illegal-immigrant ranks, telling a Phoenix crowd that he would take specific steps if he were president.

1. Trump's signature issue: 'We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall.'

2. A pledge to begin deporting more border-crossers instead of engaging them in long, drawn-out legal proceedings: 'We're going to end catch-and-release.'

3. 'Zero tolerance for criminal aliens,' and a promise to deport 'illegal immigrants who are arrested for any crime whatsoever.'

4. Trump would 'block funding for sanctuary cities' that refuse to turn over criminal aliens to the federal government for deportation.

5. 'Cancel unconstitutional executive orders' – a code for President Obama's 'deferred action' orders that protect an estimated 5 million illegal immigrants and their family members from deportation.

6. Trump would 'suspend the issuance of visas' to people from countries 'where adequate screening cannot occur,' including 'places like Syria and Libya.'

7. Unspecified action against the 23 countries that refuse to accept their own citizens after the U.S. deports them.

8. A 'biometric entry-exit visa tracking system' like one that Congress has demanded, a system that would help authorities identify and remove the half-million visa holders who stay longer than allowed each year.

9. A strict use of the 'e-verify' employment system in order to 'turn off the jobs and benefits magnet' that lures foreigners into the U.S.

10. The formation of an 'immigration commission' that would change the criteria for entering the U.S., selecting immigrants 'based on their likelihood of success in U.S. society, and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.'

I gotta say that sounds not only sane and reasonable but just plain awesome.
There is absolutely nothing racist or discriminatory about any of the above and Id love to hear from the Hillary fans and Trump haters what you see as wrong with the above points.

Appreciating the current climate Im sure all Im gonna get as responses are praise for the above or trashing of Trump but people lets try and discuss a genuine political issue for a change and not just fling crap like were monkeys in a zoo.

As far as Im aware this is the only policy that has been brought up so far this election, everything else seems to be about hatred for one candidate or the other.
Cmon guys lets try really really hard to discuss the merits of the above plan and forget whos plan it is and whos against it.

Anyone wanna play?

article

edit on 1/9/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Everything listed, should already be taking place.

I don't know what's worse, that we have to "strive" to do those things, or that some people would criticize someone who supports those actions.

edit on 1-9-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

We dont have the infrastructure, manpower, money, time or detriment to our economy to make any of those things happen.

Nor to implement them, nor to enforce them, nor to get get all parties worldwide to back us up with it.

Everything looks good on paper. So did the Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair...oh...and the Berlin Wall. That turned out positively well now didnt it?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You forgot number 11.

11. Oh yeah, and I will soften my stance on immigration.

It's understandable that you missed this one...he doesn't tell everyone about it, depends on who he is talking to.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Please stop posting lies.

Or give me a proof that he changed anything specifically.

You can't do that, because he's not changing anything

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah we do have the power to do it, but the current administration tells you we can't and we aren't strong enough.

The current administration chooses not to. Globalism is the goal, Trump will add manpower where needed.

America first, I know that offends many but excites me.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This is from THIS MORNING on a conservative radio talk show hosted by Laura Ingrham.

"Oh, there’s softening. Look, we do it in a very humane way, and we’re going to see with the people that are in the country. Obviously I want to get the gang members out, the drug peddlers out, I want to get the drug dealers out. We’ve got a lot of people in this country that you can’t have, and those people we’ll get out."
"And then we’re going to make a decision at a later date once everything is stabilized," Trump continued. "I think you’re going to see there’s really quite a bit of softening."

I bolded "softening" for you, just in case you are missing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We dont have the infrastructure, manpower, money, time or detriment to our economy to make any of those things happen.

Then we need to dissolve the USA. If we can't enforce our laws, protect our citizenry, or secure our borders, we have no business calling ourselves a country.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh, it all sounds really good, but the real issue is reality.

The kid running for class president promising to have a soda machine in every classroom is popular as well and his idea sounds great.

Trump, just like the crazy kid claims he will do things that just do not line up with reality.

'We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall.'

Sounds great, but the reality is it is that the kid promising soda machines in the classrooms has a better chance at accomplishing his goals than Trump does his.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

likelihood of success

Sounds suspiciously similar to 'Arbeit macht frei', make Amerika the greater Reich again!

I'm just poking sane people with an insanly great piece of art. It's probably 'entartet' anyway, don't bother. Have a nice illusion of choice now!
Devil or the deep blue sea, which one do you vote for?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well, you just typed a whole lot of stuff that is clearly wrong and stupid. Here's why - Tin-foil-Hills, has just dropped this bomb on the internet no less than 20mins ago. It is specifically designed to cater to her supporter base as is evidenced by the large writing and ticks and crosses.

You want comprehensive?

You want the whole box n dice?

Well, read 'em & weep.........

Correct, she has lost the plot.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Sublimecraft because: Did I mention she's lost the plot? The poor old thing, it's a pity she'll be remembered as a senile crazy woman.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The deep blue sea striked back, take that you devil!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

You forgot number 11.

11. Oh yeah, and I will soften my stance on immigration.

It's understandable that you missed this one...he doesn't tell everyone about it, depends on who he is talking to.

If youd read the article instead of just frothing at the mouth with Trump hate youd know the above was him softening his stance

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Nor to implement them, nor to enforce them, nor to get get all parties worldwide to back us up with it.

Everything looks good on paper. So did the Ford Pinto and Chevy Corvair...oh...and the Berlin Wall. That turned out positively well now didnt it?

Thats what politicians who wanna maintain the satus quo will say.
A entrepreneur and visionary would say "where theres a will theres a way"

You didnt answer my question though, in theory what is wrong with those 10 points?

Im imterpreting what you say as "its too hard and complicated so lets do nothing"

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

if he gains power and nothing is acted on, they will be the key points of his next election cycle.
that's all the conservatives do, democrats and republicans also.
right wing parties enjoy lying to their electorate, screwing them over and lying again.
right wing supporters love to complain, whine about the opposition, then vote for the same principles, again and again......

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

right wing parties enjoy lying to their electorate, screwing them over and lying again. 
right wing supporters love to complain, whine about the opposition, then vote for the same principles, again and again......

I didnt know Obama and his supporters were right wing?!?!

You learn something new every day

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Oh I understand the excitement. But the letdown is gonna be a lot bigger. Its not just Trump and Clinton.

In one way or another...they are just empty campaign promises all candidates make to get in.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Youre right. But.....

"Then we need to dissolve the USA. If we can't enforce our laws, protect our citizenry, or secure our borders, we have no business calling ourselves a country."

1. We cant dissolve the USA.
2. We obviously cant enforce all laws...police are getting shot at now.
3. Protect our citizenry? We cant, we dont and arent gonna. I protect myself with a 45 instead of a telephone to 911. Guess what will respond 1st and fastest?
4. Secure our borders?! Look at Canada and the border from coast to coast. Any foreign invaders only have to be good backpackers or campers to cross over and into. And Im sure many already have....
5. I think we quit being a country once we started acting like a nation. Which is it?

Redneck? Honestly...Im with ya. I dont know what happened to us....

edit on 1-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: oops...sorry

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh, quite the contrary. We should do something. Something other than building a U.S./Mexico Berlin Wall we cant pay for, they wont pay for...and none of the real issues this country needs fixing...is being addressed.

We have to do something...but we have to face it. We cant. Its TPTB and their big money. And we the people dont have anywhere near the amount they do....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So you should do something but its pointless to try because you cant do anything is what your saying?

Im glad we have opposing viewpoints because Id hate to be on your side in anything.

No offence but you have a slave mentality.
Vote for Hillary, she might give you a shiny new collar

edit on 1/9/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join