It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Atheists, what do you believe in?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: glend
I was a die hard atheists before spiritual/paranormal experiences altered my conceptions, But belief in a spiritual world created a conundrum. Couldn't entities in the spiritual world masquerade as GOD. How could little ol' me know the difference. Realising that was an impossible task I took up Buddhism which is perhaps more a philosophy than a religion,

Oh, of course. And off-planet beings could masquerade as a God or Gods.

I used to "fly" (astral travel) a lot when I was about 5/6. Especially hung out in the "gray place".

One time when I was hanging in the "gray place" - - a very tall man in a long white robe approached me. He told me I was too young to understand living in 2 worlds - - the physical world and the spirit world. He said it was confusing me. He grounded me. Told me I couldn't "fly" anymore.

Now, I could have decided that man was Jesus. But, I didn't.

I have never astral projected but find the prospect fascinating but being grounded at age 6 is a bit mean. Jesus or not.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I have never astral projected but find the prospect fascinating but being grounded at age 6 is a bit mean. Jesus or not.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree. What a dick.

Instead of grounding her why not try and explain to them a little bit about what it means to "fly" so they'll start to understand more about it.

Besides, they must not be too confused about it since they're doing it well enough to meet him. Sounds more like he was confused about her being there.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes does seem so. But some believe we each have guardians that protect us so perhaps her guardian knew something we do not. But yes he night have just been a dick.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Thanks for sharing.

I agree. What a dick.

Instead of grounding her why not try and explain to them a little bit about what it means to "fly" so they'll start to understand more about it.

Besides, they must not be too confused about it since they're doing it well enough to meet him. Sounds more like he was confused about her being there.

Uh, well - - its a bit more complicated then that.

I was trying to return to the spirit world. I did not want to stay in the physical world.

A Wiccan psychic (many years later) told me I was going to be a SIDS baby. My consciousness just wanted this physical experience, and then to return - - but, there was more I needed to do.

My mom contracted polio when I was 5, and a year later my dad abandoned us. It would have been too cruel for me to leave her.

But, that's really kinda off topic.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

My mom contracted polio when I was 5, and a year later my dad abandoned us. It would have been too cruel for me to leave her.

But, that's really kinda off topic.

I suppose that is one way to look at it if one is trying to explain it or put some kind of higher purpose or something to it.

Although it would seem that making a 5 year old lose both their father from abandonment and their mother by polio could be considered cruel as well. The world is cruel without any consideration to the victims of it's cruelty all the time. I don't know why this would be any different.

But of course we're talking about a subjective experience and one that apparently crosses the gap into some kind of paranormal experience as well, so there are some large leaps of faith happening if we're to take all of it as being true and accurate.

I suppose a hardened skeptic might conclude that what really happened is some imaginative rationalizations being made by a child in dealing with a difficult time in their life.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Was I really 5 in the spirit world? Isn't that a physical thing?

Anyway, that's just one experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I suppose a hardened skeptic might conclude that what really happened is some imaginative rationalizations being made by a child in dealing with a difficult time in their life.

I suppose.

But, it doesn't really count for all the other experiences.

You buying a new house? Or moving?
edit on 3-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't know. I wasn't there. You tell me.

5 years old is also a mental thing though as well. Who you are now is someone different than who you were at 5 mentally right???

What do you think you were??? Do you remember???

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I don't know. I wasn't there. You tell me.

5 years old is also a mental thing though as well. Who you are now is someone different than who you were at 5 mentally right???

What do you think you were??? Do you remember???

Many other experiences through out life.

Are you moving? Buying a new house?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I suppose.

But, it doesn't really count for all the other experiences.

Ok. I'm not trying to say you didn't have those experiences.

You're someone I respect and so I'm trying my best to not give that impression while at the same time discussing something that is obviously personal to you on many levels.

Being that I have a habit of not always coming across the way I'd like when it's in text form I'm choosing my words carefully. Although I'm not sure how well that's working either.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You're someone I respect and so I'm trying my best to not give that impression while at the same time discussing something that is obviously personal to you on many levels.

Back at ya

Its really not personal to me. It just is.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

I just feel a change.

I can't "feel" anything physical. Like what gender you are.

But, I do feel a change.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I just feel a change.

But, I do feel a change.

Well, I'll let you know if something happens. Change isn't usually something I enjoy when it's not something planned for so we'll see.

Let's just hope it's not a change in gender!!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I just feel a change.

But, I do feel a change.

Change isn't usually something I enjoy when it's not something planned for so

Me either.

Just feels like a change in location. Could be a job change.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I get that atheists can get spiritual or supernaturally inquisitive with their own own views, but these view can range from plausible to impossible.

I do believe there is something more to nature then we can realize. As for my belief in God...well I've had my convictions changed.

From the old classic giant invisible man in the sky, to the modern ufo, invisible craft with a man in , flyingin the sky. Now a days i personally think that what God is just immaculate to describe. Like how the universe might be a giant bubble that could be called God, when it probably act like a giant simulated amoeba, that were a part of, almost like the force in Star Wars.

As for the aliens or ufo, I think some ufo are supernatural in nature then others while some are crazy, but not as crazy as others.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I consider myself a Gnostic Spiritual Theist. I believe in one prime energy source. I believe we all (including plants bacteria etc) are a part of a grid of energy that is connected. We all have this prime energy within us.

I don't believe in following any religions as they are all about dogma and control. Maybe a few of the stories are loose historical accounts, and maybe some "prophets" tapped into this energy, but none wanted a religion. And no one needs to believe something to be "saved". II believe reincarnation is real and that time is not linear. I think our "souls" can be living different lives simultaneously possibly, looking from the outside in. It seems linear to us. A lot of what I've always believed are now widely accepted quantum theories.

I do believe in ghosts. I'm not sure if I consider them an energy imprint that is long gone or actual energy living in a different plane or frequency that sometimes can be seen in our plane of existence.

I think the history of our earth specifically and humanity is much more complex than we believe. I think many humanoid civilizations have risen and fallen long before we give it credit - civilazations with technology as good or better than us currently. We could possibly be a very old colony that came from elsewhere in the universe.

I believe in karma and positive thought. I also believe that we choose what "spiritual contracts" we need to complete in our earthly bodies. So that we have a few bullet points of things we must go through in this life, and some free will is involved. I certainly believe that this plane of existence is not the only one. I don't know "where" the others would exist, but even if it's just another frequency or wave length we cannot see or measure yet, I do feel it is there. I do not believe in anything like a hell.

I think aliens could be humans, possibly related to us that live outside our solar system and are far more evolved than us. I think some of the ufos we see are relics on auto pilot from the very distant past here...not ufos at all but built on earth used by humans. I also think some are regular "aliens". But if they are evolved like that, they would be cloaking themselves more, so letting themselves be seen is to possibly speed up disclosure.

I also believe in something like the Yuga Cycles. We are at a pretty low point now.

edit on 3-9-2016 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2016 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What's the point of believing in anything? It's not like believing in something is going to make it more likely to be true. Why are people so attached to their beliefs anyway?

It seems OK to me to leave options open, but why insist on anything being true, when it's nothing but a belief?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: payt69

There is no fundamental point in believing anything. The only reason is to feel more alive, more connected, more whole. Even people who say they believe in nothing are actually believing the fact they believe in nothing. There's no difference even inversely. It makes them feel more whole making something concrete in their mind.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I also believe in life after love..

But do you really think you're strong enough?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join