It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS UFOs & Perception - A Constant Struggle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this while at work and may add some more content later on as I do some more digging. Regardless, I haven't seen either of these topics posted here before so I figured I'd take a shot

*sidenote: is it just me or are things exceptionally quiet around these alienated (pun) parts of ATS?

Here's the video and subsequent articles that brings another ISS video to light I've never seen before:

Are UFOs Actively Monitoring ISS?

Two UFOs By ISS

"Horseshoe UFO" video from ISS in the article embedded here:

Now this certainly doesn't have an O'Hare Airport level of detail and corroborating eyewitnesses, but i still have some applicable observations:

1. With respects to the first video of the two flashing lights, there's a narrow space right in the middle of the screen which they appear to move from and to. I think it's highly probable that this is a light reflection from inside the ISS, and not something that is moving outside of the structure.

2. If I'm absolutely wrong about that and these objects ARE traveling past the ISS, this is incredible. Not only is there a jagged and unnatural appearance/reappearance, but there is also an astonishing level of speed as well as (from what i could tell) a noticeable light reflection off of the second object.

3. Anybody else ever seen that "horseshoe" footage before? This is the first time I've seen this clip, and cannot determine when this was taken. I'm skeptical that the feed actually cut off like that, but all the sources i can currently find are stating the feed actually did go down in this fashion. Could this object potentially be a national/international satellite or docking station of some kind? I'm no expert, but i know of no orbiting objects made in America nor Russia (I'm Ukrainian) that look like this.

Anybody have any clue as to where i can access or search for the original footage archives?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Streetcap is a hoaxer and you shouldn't allow yourself to be fooled. The second video, I can't see anything that doesn't have a rational explanation.

Maybe anomalies have been captured by the ISS, however I would tend to go with the feeds being on a slight delay anyway

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You know, I figured as much, but leave no stone unturned right?

I'm still curious as to whether or not this footage has been doctored. it's unfortunate there's no time and date for this occurrence that's readily available.

I'm also curious as to why sources like the daily mail are pushing this kind of article when it's so easy for a journalist or editor or even a BLOGGER to vet a youtube channel's legitimacy or intent. Looks like someone's willingly dropping the ball on fact checking this. (I don't really know what to do with that information, though it's apparent that nobody's really looking deeply into the source)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What's your opinion on the horseshoe? Streetcap isn't necessarily the primary source on that one.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Enlighten us how he is a hoaxer and give examples with analysis, then you have the right to say so.

Isn't that how it works on ATS?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Enlighten us how he is a hoaxer and give examples with analysis, then you have the right to say so.

People tend to jump on a bandwagon, therefore, if just a few sources say "Hoax" then it must be true. I have watched a few of these ISS UFO captures and although I do lean toward there being some anomalous craft flying around in our skies, I have yet to be totally convinced by the ISS feeds.

My mind is staying open on this one.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Personal experience with his videos over many years, I used to follow him but needless to say I haven't for quite some time and you can believe what you want

originally posted by: facedye

What's your opinion on the horseshoe? Streetcap isn't necessarily the primary source on that one.

Never heard of horseshoe.
edit on -180002016-09-01T13:51:24-05:000000002430201624092016Thu, 01 Sep 2016 13:51:24 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

*sidenote: is it just me or are things exceptionally quiet around these alienated (pun) parts of ATS?

The sneaking suspicion is that previous historical UFO flaps are mostly a social psychological effect, spurred on by the release of a movie or hoax. "Real" UFO / Alien encounters are extremely rare and are very often so weird that they don't make good news stories. They're also buried in the noise of hoaxes and other nonsense.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's the second video I imbedded in my OP.

Here's a yahoo article discussing it:

Horseshoe UFO Spotted Near ISS

Unlike the first video, it's not clear that this is merely a reflection.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

In my opinion, the first video looks manipulated, the second could still be anything. I watched a lot of the ISS feed and seen many reflections and water droplet trails etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

The sneaking suspicion is that previous historical UFO flaps are mostly a social psychological effect, spurred on by the release of a movie or hoax. "Real" UFO / Alien encounters are extremely rare and are very often so weird that they don't make good news stories. They're also buried in the noise of hoaxes and other nonsense.

This is great reasoning, but I don't know how applicable it is to the past 2 decades.

We've seen the USAF release declassified documents as long ago as the 40's-70's detailing their saucer shaped projects (some of which you can find on youtube as being operable at an early stage).

Whether extraterrestrial or simply federal ingenuity, the phenomenon is certainly real.

What I have noticed recently is a sharp shift in the mainstream media's demeanor about reporting on these stories:

- Circa 1998 it was painted as "look at these weird lights in the sky and even weirder people thinking there's alien life in them! at least 10 official, non-biased and non-overlapping government sources are confirming this event was simply due to swamp gas."

- Circa 2016 it's changed predominantly to "look at these UFOs in the sky! we're ALL freaking out as to what it could actually be! could it be alien life?!"

This can only lead me to believe that the relative calm on the topic these days has something to do with the absence of sudden criticism and judgment that believers used to face. If every comment section on these stories reads "wow they're actually here!" or something of similar nature, there's less need for people like you or I to go into detailed discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why indeed?

In the Internet era, publications have to attract hits to show volume to boost their ad rates.

And what kind of readers do commercial advertisers want, that they're willing to pay for?

People who will believe anything they read.

How does a website attract such an audience?

QED.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's partly the elections and partly fatigue regarding the constant barrage of YouTube video's that could be anything and are explainable or outright hoaxes.

There may be a half dozen reports worth even bothering with in a year and that's being generous. Those of us who have been following this for decades simply don't bother with these anymore.

Well, you asked

With these video's around ISS, it only takes a few to realize they are mostly a waste of time. An unidentifiable speck of light, that is likely just frozen matter reflecting sunlight, that has been knocked loose by the Station making a course correction is of no value.

SecureTeam is well know for garbage and I see that is one of the sources. Clickbait is all it is IMO.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Horseshoe UFO Spotted Near ISS

Unlike the first video, it's not clear that this is merely a reflection.
It's completely clear to me that it's a reflection, in fact I'm disappointed at anybody who looks at that and thinks it's an "object", because it doesn't look anything like an "object" to me, it looks exactly like a reflection. How can people not see this?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Secureteam10 is all one needs to see to understand how credible the story is.

Sorry they are just nothing but money makers off the gullible...here is a good list of hoaxers.

ufotheater.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Secureteam10 is all one needs to see to understand how credible the story is.

Sorry they are just nothing but money makers off the gullible...here is a good list of hoaxers.

ufotheater.com...

Thanks for this Surfer, this is an awesome list to review.

With that being said, and understanding the exhaustion that this forum board goes through, I don't believe it's any reason to "give up hope" in this sense.

There are RIDICULOUSLY credible UFO stories that are readily available on these forums. If anything I think it's a crap chute
but one that's also worth it!

Still, I think it's interesting how these youtube channels aren't even being questioned/vetted by the mainstream channels reporting on them.

One would think that it would be just as easy for them as it is for us.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It's partly the elections and partly fatigue regarding the constant barrage of YouTube video's that could be anything and are explainable or outright hoaxes.

There may be a half dozen reports worth even bothering with in a year and that's being generous. Those of us who have been following this for decades simply don't bother with these anymore.

Well, you asked

With these video's around ISS, it only takes a few to realize they are mostly a waste of time. An unidentifiable speck of light, that is likely just frozen matter reflecting sunlight, that has been knocked loose by the Station making a course correction is of no value.

SecureTeam is well know for garbage and I see that is one of the sources. Clickbait is all it is IMO.

Blaine,

Thanks for this input - I agree.

Is there anything that's happened in the past 12 months you'd care to mention?

top topics

join