It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Muslim Store Owner Nailed For EBT Fraud - "FU America!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So they come here commit fraud against the USA, then tell everyone "FU!"?

If they hate the USA that much then pack them up, and ship them back to where they are happy.

Maybe it's because they see our leaders defrauding and lying, so they are just following their lead.

libertyalliance.com...
edit on 1-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh they just feel the whole world owes them a living.

They are just victims of society.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Shouldn't you also be upset at the people who are American Citizens who sold him their EBT cards too???

He was buying EBT cards from those who get them to buy stuff for his store. Seems to me that the people selling those cards are the ones defrauding America too.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Capitalism.

This is how it's suppose to work.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He didn't get away with his scam and is going to be prosecuted, so his wife and daughter say "F**k America" "F**k it", like it's America's fault for them breaking the law.
Throw their ass out and they can go back where they came from and open a store there. See how they prosper then.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I watched the video before commenting.

It's a cultural thing. I've seen this attitude often enough in many different countries. When you don't have the same respect for the rule of law, then this is the attitude that you'll see.

edit on 1-9-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Shouldn't you also be upset at the people who are American Citizens who sold him their EBT cards too???

He was buying EBT cards from those who get them to buy stuff for his store. Seems to me that the people selling those cards are the ones defrauding America too.

Nope because they will lose their benefits because of this now. Electronic/paper-trials are easy to follow.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

*This is only my perspective from my job in Emergency Services, and shouldnt be misconstrued to reflect the feelings and intentions of all immigrants. MS

Hi Realtruth: Yesterday here in Dearborn Michigan...I learned something perspective wise. Talking to a friendly middle easterner...I will paraphrase his remark:

"You come to our country(soldiers)...fly your flag...break our traditions...kill us...steal from the rubble and take what and all you can and leave us in the streets ripped off". Ok...I got that. But now I think I understand a bit better.

They will come here...fly their flag(s) ISIS(?)...break our laws and customs...and screw us back. Many of them...especially the young men... do not intend to adopt American ways...but to make their new homes to follow THEIR traditions.***

***FYI DISCLAIMER: Many, many of the Middle Eastern men and women I deal with day to day are wonderful. They all seem to want a better life where there is no war and destruction...and that needs to be stressed.

I have made more than a few friends of middle eastern descent. Its seems its the younger men-teens and up...that have the negative attitudes...and they will let you know they have no intention of changing and will get everything they can for as long as they can out of us.

edit on 1-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What he did was this: He didn't buy the cards outright. When food money was deposited onto the cards on the 1st of the month, he would give so many cents on the dollar to the card holder. Then he would use the card at the big box store and return the card.

I am guessing the advantage was more his, in regard to how much cash money was given for virtual food money.

Being that he is not a citizen, I agree with the bail. I would love to own a little corner store. He blew it. His wife is probably p*ssed off at him and the world in general, since her husband is such an idiot.

In general, the government didn't actually lose money, though. So much food money would be given to the individuals anyway. If they sell half of the virtual food money for 50 cents on the dollar to buy liquor or paper towels or even put on a utility bill...they have not gotten anymore from the government than they would have gotten to begin with.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It really amazes me how many foreigners come here from various countries and quickly figure out how to defraud the American tax-payer.

Sal

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

"You come to our country(soldiers)...fly your flag...break our traditions...kill us...steal from the rubble and take what and all you can and leave us in the streets ripped off". Ok...I got that. But now I think I understand a bit better.

They will come here...fly their flag(s) ISIS(?)...break our laws and customs...and screw us back. Many of them...especially the young men... do not intend to adopt American ways...but to make their new homes to follow THEIR traditions.***

***FYI DISCLAIMER: Many, many of the Middle Eastern men and women I deal with day to day are wonderful. They all seem to want a better life where there is no war and destruction...and that needs to be stressed.

I have made more than a few friends of middle eastern descent. Its seems its the younger men-teens and up...that have the negative attitudes...and they will let you know they have no intention of changing and will get everything they can for as long as they can out of us.

There will be good people and bad people of any nationality.

Part of what you say rings true. My stepfather is from Iran. He came here to go to school, met my mother in shool. They married. He became the manager of a popular gay cafe and night club in San Franciscio. He was barely religious. He owned a prayer rug, but I don't think I ever saw him pray on it. He adopted an American name...when I was a child I thought his name was Johnny. LOL. It is actually Ali.

When his much younger brother came from Iran to visit, totally different story. He prayed on his rug 5x a day. Harassed my stepfather about not following Islam, insulted my mother. Yet, he would go to night clubs and drink almost every night and make inappropriate sexual comments to my female friends (all about 12 oe 13 at the time). His visit ended as soon as my stepfather had the money to send him back.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Nope because they will lose their benefits because of this now. Electronic/paper-trials are easy to follow.

It depends. Some will lose benefits for a certain amount of time and some will have reduced benefits for some amount of time. Social services will attempt to calculate how much cash they received. This is called 'being sanctioned'. They won;t totally lose them forever.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You really should deny that it happened, as the going story was that welfare fraud never really existed.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
It really amazes me how many foreigners come here from various countries and quickly figure out how to defraud the American tax-payer.

Sal

I have no idea how long he has been here. This type of fraud happens a lot, and among Americans and foreigners but not normally to the extent he took it. Usually a store will ring up a non food item as EBT food and charge twice as much. Or, one's neighbor may offer you $50 in virtual food money for $25 in cash. This guy took it to a whole other level.

Not only greedy, he preyed on the poor and risked deportation.

edit on 1-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You really should deny that it happened, as the going story was that welfare fraud never really existed.

The amount of fraud is normally negligible. The government doesn't end up losing money. This case more like racketeering. It doesn't happen like this often. And he stole things from vacant homes, to SELL, he was a full fledged criminal.

Reminds me of the 'Shameless' episode where their water heater dies and one of the kids looks at funeral notices to go and take the water heater from the deceased person's home. That was to ensure a large family had hot water. This guy was reselling the things in his store. greedy, evil man.
edit on 1-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

My point is you can't just blame the guy paying cash for the cards at a discount. The people selling those cards are equally to blame for this scam, if that's what you want to call it.

The people selling them are American Citizens and this guy wouldn't be able to buy them if they weren't selling them. So why is the OP only making accusations toward the guy buying them??

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hi Reldra_Yep. I see the double standard here everyday. But I do want to stress it certainly isnt everyone or nationality. But it is EVERYWHERE...

Thanks, MS

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The people selling them are American Citizens and this guy wouldn't be able to buy them if they weren't selling them. So why is the OP only making accusations toward the guy buying them??

Because that is what the story and case are about right now. No worries Social Services will get a list of the people who were selling them, and they will most likely lose their benefits.

Here in Detroit for many many years the Muslim community has defrauded the system, on many levels. Medical fraud, insurance fraud, Food stamp fraud, automobile insurance, credit card and the list goes on.

www.miheadlines.com...

Look at the names in the link.

$12.5 Million in Food Stamp Fraud Uncovered
The following individuals were arrested today and will be appearing in federal court this afternoon:

Al Amin Supermarket, 11920 Conant, Hamtramck, owner Moklasur Mukul, age 36, of Hamtramck;
Bengal American Grocery, 9800 Joseph Campau Avenue, Hamtramck, manager Mohamed Ali, age 38, resident of Detroit;
Deshi Bazar, 12045 Conant Street, Hamtramck, owners Ali Ahmed, age 31, and Nazir Ahmed, age 32, and employee Mustak Ahmed, age 34, all residents of Detroit;
Maloncho Greens House, 12133 Conant Street, Hamtramck, owner Azizur Ullah, age 37, of Hamtramck, and employees Mohammed Chadek, age 44,
Mohammed Miah, age 38, and Mohammed Amin, age 38, residents of Hamtramck;
New Al-Madeena Grocery, 2220-2222 Caniff Street, Hamtramck, owner Dilshad Chowdhury, age 34, resident of Hamtramck.
Pay-Less Foods, 11350 Joseph Campau Avenue, Hamtramck, owner Mohamed Ahmed, age 58, resident of Hamtramck

I live here (Dearborn/Detroit area) and there are many decent hardworking Arabic people, but I have seen and heard decades of abuse, in our system from Arab/Muslims.

www.mlive.com...

DETROIT, MI - A grocery store owner in Hamtramck has agreed to pay $1,844,690.95 in restitution to the U.S. Department of Agriculture as part of a plea agreement for food stamp fraud. Syed Ali, the 42-year-old owner of Modhubon Grocery, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States and engaging in monetary transactions in criminally derived property, U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade's office announced Friday.

Largest Medical Care Fraud Ever.

patch.com...

Dearborn Pharmcist Charged in Largest-Ever Medicare Fraud Sweep Health-care providers in six states, including 16 in metro Detroit, arrested in $712 million fraud and kickback scheme.

The defendants charged in the indictment are Shahid Tahir, 45, of Bloomfield Township; Dr. Waseem Alam, 59, of Troy; Dr Hatem Ataya, 47, of Flushing; and Muhammad Tariq, 60,and Manawar Javed, 40, both of West Bloomfield.

Small potatoes, but this goes on all the time here.

patch.com...

Ahmad Musa Jibril, 43, (aka Ahmad Jebril) owes $250,000 in restitution and costs related to fraud convictions that landed him in prison for 6½ years, the Detroit Free Press reports.

He and his co-defendant father were convicted on 42 counts bank and mail fraud, failure to pay income tax and money laundering. Losses from their scheme, which involved deliberately vandalizing their rental properties so they could collect insurance money, amounted to $400,000.

Since his release from the federal prison at Terre Haute, IN, in March 2012, Jibril has made only a small $2,790 dent in the obligation, the government said at a hearing earlier this month.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thank goodness they got this dangerous criminal mastermind off the streets.

Forget about the fact that every low income neighborhood in America both White and Black trade the use of their EBT cards for cash.

Thats besides the point.

$4,000 worth of food stamp fraud AND he stole a bathtub out of an abandoned house.

$2,000,000 for bail sounds about right.

edit on 1-9-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

My point is you can't just blame the guy paying cash for the cards at a discount. The people selling those cards are equally to blame for this scam, if that's what you want to call it.

Yes, I know.
It is just that I have been told in different threads that there just isn't any evidence that welfare fraud exists.
I know better.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join