It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Space X Facility, Cape Canaveral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

yeah... enough to make me spend an hour or so looking at it over and over and over and making an animation... in the end to prove to myself it was nothing more than a bug or bird.

Oh well... it's a process.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

yeah... enough to make me spend an hour or so looking at it over and over and over and making an animation... in the end to prove to myself it was nothing more than a bug or bird.

Oh well... it's a process.

Want my uneducated opinion? That's totally a Rail gun slug. The speed, the shape, the size. I don't see an exit trail before the explosion, which gives me more reason to think its super sonic. I'm actually mildly upset about the lack of people talking about this, even though it's in plain site. aside from ATS, i haven't found a single mention of this object.

Oh well, I hope you find something useful

edit on 1-9-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

Edit: Everywhere i said "Gatling gun" I mean Rail gun
. We all make mistakes
edit on 1-9-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

im not convinced its a bird. but can't rule that out either.

its also an unusual time (pre launch) and location (upper stage) for an explosion, but hey. whatever.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

its also an unusual time (pre launch) and location (upper stage) for an explosion, but hey. whatever.

Elon said it happened during pre-launch propellant fill operation which includes the upper stage.

They still don't know, or haven't said why it happened.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Zarniwoop

I, for one, feel the anomaly in question is traveling in much too linear of a trajectory to be anything organic such as a bird or fly. Your gif animation conveniently glosses over the portions of video in which, in my opinion, the anomaly clearly passes behind the launch towers in the foreground.

Honestly, I don't know what it is and I'm not going to pretend I do but anyone of sound mind can see there is something odd at foot here. Personally, I don't believe in coincidences. And those objects (because there are two of the, another around 1:09 entering from the near bottom right hand side of the screen) were moving FAST!

Interesting to speculate upon.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Your gif animation conveniently glosses over the portions of video

Yes, you got me... I suppose I found it more convenient to focus on the one UFO/bug that flew by the camera closest to the event that looked peculiar. If you simply watch the entire video to the explosion, you can find many examples of the UFO/bugs (close to the camera) and birds (in the distance) and make your own animations to present.

Check out :55 1:01 and 1:09... Hint: The closer the UFOs are to the camera, the faster they appear to whiz by .

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Zarniwoop

I, for one, feel the anomaly in question is traveling in much too linear of a trajectory to be anything organic such as a bird or fly. Your gif animation conveniently glosses over the portions of video in which, in my opinion, the anomaly clearly passes behind the launch towers in the foreground.

Honestly, I don't know what it is and I'm not going to pretend I do but anyone of sound mind can see there is something odd at foot here. Personally, I don't believe in coincidences. And those objects (because there are two of the, another around 1:09 entering from the near bottom right hand side of the screen) were moving FAST!

Interesting to speculate upon.

Could a Shockwave from a rail gun projectile cause a explosion before getting to the rocket? WHat if it was some sort of drone that used a microwave laser or something to cook the O3?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

thought about my "spot" vs your "spots" some more overnight and today.

the object im seeing - amongst the numerous objects at multiple different time points - has a whitish silverish color, is egg shapped, doesn't look like a black dot, and has an ovoid 3d shading to it.

that's why i'm now wondering if we are talking about different "spots".

....?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't see any way a shock wave from a projectile of any kind could cause that kind of explosion. Shock waves dissipate quickly. Not real sure what you mean by a microwave laser heating up the O3... LOX is simply Liquid OXygen or O2 under pressure.

There had to be 3 things present for that to happen: fuel, which was available from lower down the body, oxygen, which was stored where the explosion started, and a spark of some kind (considering the volatility of rocket fuel, it wouldn't take much of a spark). Somehow, the second-stage fuel and LOX mixed with some kind of ignition source.

As I consider things, it looks to me like there had to be a fuel leak before the explosion that caused vapors around the LOX tank. Then there had to be some kind of spark. That would have ignited the fuel vapor, which could have ruptured the seals on the LOX tank. LOX + fuel + flame = BOOM!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: yuppa

I don't see any way a shock wave from a projectile of any kind could cause that kind of explosion. Shock waves dissipate quickly. Not real sure what you mean by a microwave laser heating up the O3... LOX is simply Liquid OXygen or O2 under pressure.

There had to be 3 things present for that to happen: fuel, which was available from lower down the body, oxygen, which was stored where the explosion started, and a spark of some kind (considering the volatility of rocket fuel, it wouldn't take much of a spark). Somehow, the second-stage fuel and LOX mixed with some kind of ignition source.

As I consider things, it looks to me like there had to be a fuel leak before the explosion that caused vapors around the LOX tank. Then there had to be some kind of spark. That would have ignited the fuel vapor, which could have ruptured the seals on the LOX tank. LOX + fuel + flame = BOOM!

TheRedneck

Ahh i forgot O3 is Ozone actually lol. Prolly a internal leak and something sparked when they turned on the engine. OR this was a MOSSAD plan to destroy the satellite.!! O.O

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join