It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you support #MexicanPrivilege ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
America has laws. Immigration laws are on the books. I want the immigration laws to be enforced for everyone. There is a portion of the population that doesn't, why do you support criminal acts? The main focus of people who support the criminals are saying that building a wall to help enforce American immigration law is racist?

My questions is, why are give special treatment to Mexicans? Why are you for #MexicanPrivilege? Shouldn't you judge people on the content of their character? The people who make a conscious decision to break American laws? Over the color of their skin?

Why should the Mexican criminals get better treatment then people who are trying to do the right thing, and are following the laws?

Basically, if you don't want the laws to be followed equally and you want to give special privilege to one set group, isn't that against all you believe in?

Stop #MexicanPrivlidge

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I'm in total agreement if I were to go to another country and establish residency I would have to go through their immigration laws,have a job lined up or large financial resources,be in command of the native language,and be abreast of the laws of the country,just because you snuck in should not be conveyed as a form of amnesty

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm seeing an increasing level of "globalism" here and in the MSM. They don't want a wall, because walls mean borders. They want a borderless society.

It's more of a push for an EU-type of structure here in the Americas.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would rather just buy mexico. we can build a much smaller wall at that southern border.

If we are gonna start any movement, I think that should be the one to push. Imagine mexico being a state

Demographics of the US would suddenly be quite interesting anyhow...and with proper enforcement of laws, wage and work standards, etc...things would be quite nice down there.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here's the way I look at it.

People who live in countries where poverty is the norm, or people who live in countries where war and anarchy rule, or people who live in countries run by cartels, i.e., people who live in fear for their lives and their families' lives -- these people who make the trek to our country should be given sanctuary here. This is what our country has been about since its beginning. People who are persecuted and people who are suffering should have some recourse other than waiting years and spending $$$ to escape. Some people don't have years and $$$. Their families are dying NOW.

If people who come here from Mexico are working hard and are not stealing from or killing or raping or otherwise hurting anyone, they should be allowed to stay. That's how I look at it anyway. It's not Mexican privilege. It's sharing the American privilege.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't respect any of this UN takeover and attempt to destroy the Equality/Freedom and Higher Mind of the West.

But at the same time, people need to wake up and stop aiding and abetting the world mismanagers who are evil and murderous and commit horrendous rituals against children, people, populations and Mother Earth/Nature.

People have to stop giving their power away and form citizens groups with all who are of like mind, obviously not sharia lovers or criminals, not that all Mexicans or South Americans or their poor are rapists or criminals but the numbers of crimes certainly went up, so like minded folk, and start to solve problems creating high civilization, good laws, respect those in need, and children's rights, and look after the disabled, and make sure you have eco farms, aquaponics, homes for all, abundance for all, sharing and caring and creating and maintaining massive freedoms as well. And manage so good that you only vote your own people in, and never the bad guys, put most of them in jail instead, they're murders.

If people just buy into the corruption, they're never going to win and they can do whatever they want, from open borders to hideous laws that are actually illegal, but people just let it happen.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Here's the problem with that, if we open the doors wide open and let everyone trying to escape in, along with the very people predating on them, since no way to sort them from your escapees, we suddenly become exactly the same as the very place they ran from.

That helps no one and hurts everyone. By having a strong border, yeah people have to wait, but at least those that do get to move somewhere better, and not somewhere their problems are following them.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Oh gawd, a laws, books, and criminal kind of person. How are you supposed to reason with someone like this? It's just such an incredibly limiting perspective.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
For some reason the United states is compared to European countries when the topic is healthcare, social programs and college tuition.
But when it comes to immigration we don't have to follow other countries examples.
funny how that works.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Your point is valid and compassionate, but I have to respectfully disagree.

We are either a Nation of laws or we are not. I can't disregard certain laws to better myself, why should they get that opportunity?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am for tighter borders, and I think the US has every right to enforce them. I also feel that illegals did break the law, and must be held accountable for that.

I am with Trump that I think any illegal that commits a serious criminal act should be deported. I also think we should have no sympathy for people we catch trying to cross the border illegally now.

However, I see no problem with showing some compassion for illegals that are here now doing the right thing. The ones that love this country and are not just intentionally mooching off the system. After all, they were drawn here by the corrupt Democratic and Republican administrations that wanted cheap labor. This is not an excuse for them breaking the law however.

All serious criminals or people that refuse to attempt to get a job should be deported, period. But I think the ones I mentioned above should be given a chance to prove that they are willing to work and assimilate. They should have to pay a fine of all of the back taxes they owe, and then complete some sort of program that benefits the community, like military or community service. After this is completed, they should be allowed to stay as long as they do not abuse the welfare system or commit a serious crime, but not have full citizenship. However, this would not be available to any new illegal border crossers.

I feel like this strategy is fair to the hard working illegals, and also keeps additional from coming. I do not think that having compassion for those that are here illegally but are hard working is anti American. However, the leftist tripe of allowing all illegals free reign and protecting our borders being deemed racist is disgusting, and will only make the situation worse.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Here's the way I look at it.

People who live in countries where poverty is the norm, or people who live in countries where war and anarchy rule, or people who live in countries run by cartels, i.e., people who live in fear for their lives and their families' lives -- these people who make the trek to our country should be given sanctuary here. This is what our country has been about since its beginning. .

First of all, what do you think will happen to this country when the people abandon their failed state that they supposedly have so much pride in? Second, this is NOT what our country has always been about. Our country has been about coming to America and becoming Americans. These people illegally invade and then refuse to assimilate. They go as far as to complain about American flags because they're offended by it!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Your point is valid and compassionate, but I have to respectfully disagree.

We are either a Nation of laws or we are not. I can't disregard certain laws to better myself, why should they get that opportunity?

Some laws need amending. We amend laws all the time. Maybe we need to amend immigration laws so that people who are suffering in 3rd world countries get an easier and quicker path here.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

What people? You realize most illegal Mexicans are not as you describe, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That's a reasonable conversation. At least such people can be vetted and legal. I'm willing to have that conversation. Not one however that encourages who knows who to come over the border illegally be they criminal or simply a desperate family. Then telling both it's all good.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yes, every single illegal immigrant refuses to assimilate and complains about the American flag. Give me a break. 99% of them don't make a sound about anything because they don't want to call attention to themselves. Many of them are treated crappy in their horrible jobs that no one else wants to do - but they won't complain - they just put up with it.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You mean the jobs that pay illegally low wages and exploit these people?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If walls worked, the states would have already built them. Nothing is preventing them from doing so.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes, every single illegal immigrant refuses to assimilate and complains about the American flag. Give me a break. 99% of them don't make a sound about anything because they don't want to call attention to themselves. Many of them are treated crappy in their horrible jobs that no one else wants to do - but they won't complain - they just put up with it.

It's amusing that Progressives have THAT kind of reasoning when it comes to one of their sacrosanct beliefs, however when it comes to lumping anyone who has beliefs in a right or freedom that ya'll are against that type of reasoning goes right out the window!

Such as the 1st and 2nd amendments?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Sure they're being exploited. They don't care because they're STILL better off than in their home country. That's how bad they had it before coming here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join