It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Could anyone give me some information about my name? Mother is Beatty, father is Cardwell.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hello.
I was originally given the name ******** ****** Beatty. This is my mother's maiden name. Her and all of her family come from Massachusetts. They represent Irish Catholic heritage. The oldest living member I know is Harold Beatty in Massachusetts. I was raised Catholic, and taken to the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Richmond, Virginia. I really just liked the iced coffee slushees that we would get, I think that was a bribe to get me to go to church.

I was born in a hospital in Richmond, Virginia. My mother moved to Virginia and some of her family followed her, from Massachusetts. I don't know about my father's side of the family, because he has a stepfather and I don't know the real grandfather. Then my mom decided to give me my father's name, so I am Cardwell. I've been told this is a form of Cromwell but I don't know.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Cardwell and Cromwell are probably both placenames in origin. There is no reason why they should be more closely related to each other.
Edward Cardwell was Secretary of State for War under Gladstone, and introduced reforms into the British army.
David Beatty was an admiral who fought at the battle of Jutland, and is memorable for the remark "There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" (two of them had just blown up).

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Cool!! Thank you!!

Maybe I come from some high ranking members of the British military.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You can try ancestory on line and type in their names....maybe you will get a hit......or go to Harold and ask ? The older generation was really good about geaneology . Keep us updated !

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
have you tried just typing the surname into google search? who knows, maybe some distant cousin has already documented their (and most of yours) geneology online for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Dude Cromwell? You are likely a witch. See disney.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Here is a link to house of names

There is a lot of history there.

Do you actually know who your father is or just the name?

I recently found my father through dna using Ancestry, family tree dna and Gedmatch. I didn't know a name or location but now have two sides to my family. Just wanted to add this in case it is your goal.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You really should not be posting your mothers maiden name in a public forum. Major security risk!
Good luck in your search. Ancestry. com is where you should be looking.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What a weird coincidence - my mother's maiden name was Cardwell, and I was just doing some genealogy research on the name a few days ago!!

My Cardwell ancestors were not related to Cromwell - the name comes from an old Anglo-saxon term related to 'cold water' (from a well or spring)

So was 'Cardwell' the name of your dad's stepfather or his father? Because if you want to trace 'blood' relatives, you want the name of his 'actual' father...

The Cardwell family that my mom comes from originated in Yorkshire England back in the 1700s, and did end up migrating over to the Virginia area - so if your name comes from your dad's real father, there is a slight possibility that you and I are related...

edit on 1-9-2016 by lostgirl because: clarificaion

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

HMMM interesting interesting I believe my dad's real father is Cardwell. I think his mother remarried later. And he is the eldest child, so I am assuming it is "bloodline".

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

hmmm I will have to look into that....

new topics

top topics

join