It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Marijuana Card Holders Lost Their 2nd Amendment Rights Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Ah yes, without being convicted of a crime, you now can lose your 2nd Amendment rights. What should scare everyone is the precedent. What prevents the same being applied to prescription drugs?

You just answered your own question. Marijuana is still illegal according to federal law, so yes you are a criminal in their eyes.

Prescription drugs, however, are not illegal. Until marijuana gets legalized at the federal level, this won't change.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: infolurker

So now we are seeing why Obama and the DEA decided not to reschedule weed. The agenda is pretty clear.

Good observation. That neat little piece of...legislation...wasn't written yesterday. It was just waiting. What frightens me is that TPTB agreed that this was the right time to use it. So, what is next? This is the inch, where is the mile?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is a really important topic about one of their crimes. DuPont's criminalization of the miracle of commercial hemp, and the cure, the medical plant. All the resources, seeds and land belong to all the people without strings and any decisions made by the managers we hire, ie call them politicians, to uphold our freedoms and rights, wherein they sell them out and take them away, are a form of slavery, are completely null and void at conception laws, at best, at worst are crimes, documented into writing with signature confessions.

They manage to do these illegal bills and laws via keeping people so divided they can't see the forest or each tree, they can't problem solve, they can't set aside their beliefs and use rational mind.

They have to start. You don't repeat, come here, repeat, come here, without growing up. We're supposed to wake up, and start forming councils of citizens who solve problems, ie think tank ideas, try some of them out, care for Mother's energies of equality, ie land and survival for all, without strings, jobs attached, without slavery, and Father's energies of Freedom, ethics, responsibilities, ie not selfish, for able bodied there will be things to do and Creativity.

And our corrupt managers need a good jail term, and some major counciling, and need to be deprogrammed from their mystery school distortions.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

So sad to watch us fall so hard, so quickly.

we should be listening to the elderly that saw firsthand how hitler ruined europe.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This isn't news, I've mentioned this before.

The DEA has already put out in a memo a couple years ago, marijuana users were not allowed to buy/own firearms.

I've stated legalization is a backdoor gun grab, nobody really listened and now people are surprised?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
can Dick Cheney still buy guns? just wondering here, since he has a history of accidentally shooting people! unlike most hunters who might occasionally use a little..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

it's all downhill from here..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I agree all this does is create more problems,just go across to Az can buy gun there at a swap meet,just don't register it,if they want to play that game

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

This has been known since medical marijuana was created. Were you bored and needed some attention?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Just read the first page of comments and thought I'd chime in. I voted for the medical MJ law that passed here in Michigan and I signed the latest petition for the new law that was circumvented by our governor. Even though I was really surprised we passed that first law and happy the the voice of the people was heard, I was suspicious that the medical MJ law was going to used as a trap by the feds. I warned people not to get on the list of medical card holders because I figured the feds would use it to bust people regardless of the new law here. The feds played with the idea of busting card holders after the first year of that law, but nothing much happened (that I'm aware of anyway).

Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid because even though I support groups like the NRA, I'd never join and get on a list for the federal government to use if they decided to go for the gun owners, same for the medical card. I haven't followed up on any laws about Michigan medical card holders and their other rights like gun ownership, but it shouldn't surprise me to hear the comment that Michigan is restricting the rights of the card holders. Paranoid? Only if they aren't really after you, which apparently they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It would be prudent for those against such stripping of freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution, to buy your weapons as soon as you are able along with ammo. It's only logical because you might soon need to defend your freedoms. I would not trust that your government has your best interests in view, but rather the ability to subdue you as a wolf does the lamb.

And weapons that are used, bypassing background checks. They very likely would be free from scrutiny by virtue of being untraceable. You with any sense know what I am inferring.

It looks like a Trump landslide, but....... if Killary does get in, you can expect a 'Saul Alinsky Countdown' on your freedoms to total government control despite the Constitution.

If you are against guns, so be it, ..........as you march off to internment and re-education Fema camps.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Registering Syrian refugees? Bad.

Registering to obtain voter ID? Terrible.

Registering medical marijuana users so they can't buy firearms?

Priceless.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
They are just trying to weed out people having guns.

edit on 1-9-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

If POTUS declines to end the war on drugs, he/she owns it. It doesn't matter who started it when they have the power to change it. So yes, it IS Obama's fault.
It is important to note that I have never blamed a President for past President's mistakes and I'm certainly not one of those people who thinks that everything that has gone wrong in the US falls on Obama's shoulders but in this case, he's liable.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Bro, if you think you aren't on a list and your IP addresses used to log in to sites like this one aren't known and catalogued...I mean, you don't actually think that, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wow oh wow, this is just ridiculous beyond reason. I live in Colorado, and I'm a sufferer of chronic migraines. It's random when they happen, but man, when they happen do they ever hurt. I call them "moving migraines", because as much as they hurt on their own, anytime I move they become MUCH worse. I've been tested many times as a kid to see why I suffer migraines/motion sickness, but in the end they all kept coming back with "We don't know". I don't ever want to be hooked/become reliant on prescription meds, either. The only thing that's ever been able to help me with my migraines was marijuana. It makes it so the pain is all gone unless I move, rather than always hurting but hurting worse when I move.

I remember the moment medicinal marijuana became available I was torn as to whether or not I should ever get my license. I wanted to so that way I could have easier access to something that eases my poor heads pain. I remember also telling myself that maybe I shouldn't, because then they'd have my information and I'd be on a list. As for what that list would be for I had no clue, but something told me not to do it. Well, even though I don't like guns nor do I ever really want one, I'm glad I didn't do it. This tells me I wasn't as paranoid as I thought I was, because now they're using that "list" against us. Now you can't own a gun.

It makes me wonder what's next. Will it be like other people said and they'll do the same thing to people on prescription meds?? Will they do it to people who've ever been arrested for anything alcohol related?? I've been around people on alcohol, I fear them with guns WAY MORE than I would ever fear a pothead with a gun. In fact, one of my buddies up north looks like a skinny Weird Al Yankovic. He smokes up and owns a few rifles. I have no reason to ever fear him nor his sanity. I live in a small town full of rednecks who all love their Natty Ice/Bud. Half of them have been drinking by noon. Yeah, I fear that a LOT more than any high stoner.

It's times like this that make me happy I trusted my gut and kept that tin foil hat on. It's nice to know I'm not as crazy as many think I am. *twitch* XD
edit on 1-9-2016 by Necrobile because: Fixin' typos

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Ah yes, without being convicted of a crime, you now can lose your 2nd Amendment rights. What should scare everyone is the precedent. What prevents the same being applied to prescription drugs?

Of course they bring up the "No Fly" list which 2nd Amendment supporters are mostly against because there is no process to quickly remove yourself from it let alone how and who can put you on it.

Not that I am a big fan of medical marijuana but if I get cancer, I sure as hell am going to try it before chemo and radiation. Victory for the Gun Control crowd today.

abcnews.go.com...

US Court Upholds Ban on Gun Sales to Marijuana Card Holders
By sudhin thanawala, associated press
SAN FRANCISCO — Aug 31, 2016, 8:34 PM ET

A federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the Second Amendment, a federal appeals court said Wednesday.

The ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals applies to the nine Western states that fall under the court's jurisdiction, including California, Washington and Oregon.

"We live in a world where having a medical marijuana card is enough to say you don't get a gun, but if you're on the no fly list your constitutional right is still protected," he said.

The 9th Circuit also rejected other constitutional challenges to the ban that were raised by Wilson, including her argument that her gun rights were being stripped without due process.

If by "today" you mean 1968 when 18 USC 922 became part of the US code.

But go ahead and keep blaming Obama for it. I mean, he was 7 years old by that point and I'm sure was already in charge of everything. Clearly the 8 presidents between then and Obama's first term were unable to resist Obama's l33t mind control.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The fact remains that if people want guns and weed they can get them easily. Legally or illegally.

Correct. And the fact also remains that MM does not cause people to erupt into explosive psychotic homicidal episodes and rampage into theatres or night-clubs.

No. Stoners are mellow, laid back, easy-going, and in better humor than most other people when they are high.
And for MM, the cbd stuff doesn't get people "high" anyway. It's just an elixir that does its thing without causing euphoria or couch-lock - it seeks out problem cells and corrects them.

This is a stupid ruling. Alcohol is far, far worse. And yes, heroin addicts are pretty laid back, too.
Drunks and meth-users and crack-heads and PCP users? Become monsters.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

if anything, this serves as an example as to what will happen with gun control laws. Only in this case MM Card is basicaly like registering your gun. As you can see, registering is a bad idea. So now you have proof on what they will do if you register a gun. You may be put on a no fly list or terror suspect list.

The MM card holders who registered basically made it easy for the powers that be to identify . descriminate.

Conspiracy theory? The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Y'know, if they're going to take away someone's right to bear arms all because of a medicinal license, then I believe they should take away the right to bear arms from every single religious person in this country. Why?? Because there's a greater chance a religious nut will do something violent than any stoner out there. In fact, I'm willing to bet it's even statistically proven.

The only case I can think of where a stoner did bad was when the guy shot his wife because he ate way too many edibles: gazette.com...

To me, this is no different than someone who's never drank before buying two bottles of vodka and chugging them both because he didn't know any better.

Now when it comes to religious violence I won't bother sharing any links because, well, we all know how often that one occurs. Point being, if you're going to remove the rights of one out of fear of what they MAY do, then why not remove the rights of the rest for the same reason?? I mean, the latter proves time and time again to be completely full of nutjobs that do terrible things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join