It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Social Experiment Video - People Are Sheep?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I do get that, I'm just trying to figure out why someone would fake this, if it is fake, and if that's the case then they haven't exactly "proven" anything in my opinion. I've seen many people post it on social media with the response of "haha look at all these sheeple" furthering the divide between those who think they are so much smarter than the rest of the 'plebs'. I'm pretty convinced personally (as per my original post that it's entirely staged.
edit on 1-9-2016 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker11

I do get that, I'm just trying to figure out why someone would fake this, if it is fake. I've seen many people post it on social media with the response of "haha look at all these sheeple" furthering the divide between those who think they are so much smarter than the rest of the 'plebs'. I'm pretty convinced personally (as per my original post that it's entirely staged.

Yea I kinda saw that myself that's why I laughed at first cause I thought it was fake, but then the reality struck that they may by mocking society with this video.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

1) Clothes styles we wear
2) Newer phones
3) Newer Cars
4) Bigger Houses
5) Cutting our grass the same length or style, as our neighbors
6) Going to the same job day, after day many times miserable in our existence there
7) Going to a religious function, and practicing rituals
8) Hair styles
9) Peer pressure to drink at a party
10) The ways we interact at certain public events
11) The way we eat our meals
12) The way we shop
13) Landscaping around/in our homes, and the way we decorate is highly influenced by our society.

Except I really don't identify with any of those except #5, #10 and #11 (maybe depending on what you mean by this).

For the most part, I could care less about other people's stuff and when I shop, it's for stuff I like not to look like everyone else. But then again, I'm just not a very material person.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I heard a story similar to this about monkeys beating the crap out of 'the new guy' if he went after the banana bait.

I always wondered if that one was really true.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker11

I've seen many people post it on social media with the response of "haha look at all these sheeple" furthering the divide between those who think they are so much smarter than the rest of the 'plebs'.

The irony is those people you alluded to who are ridiculing others are guilty of herd behaviour by doing so (mocking others) themselves. Unless one lives totally alone and off the grid from birth to death, we all participate in some way, shape, or form in herd behaviour. Our entire system is geared towards conformity (acceptance thru a group mentality) instead of unity (individual acceptance). However, some people tend to go against grain more often than others in different ways that allows them a different outcome than the majority. For instance; entrepreneurs (those who take risk) vs. employees (those who seek security).

Everybody at many points of their lives have broken away from the herd mentality in various ways and everybody has participated in herd mentality in various ways.

I'm pretty convinced personally (as per my original post that it's entirely staged.

I agree, it looks staged to me as well. However, there are many real life examples we can observe it to be true. For instance, people tend to laugh out loud more often when in a group setting such as in a theatre than when alone. Laugh tracks were employed in old comedy shows to influence the mind of the watcher at home for this reason.

No one is required to stand for the national anthem, and yet, SF 49's QB Colin Kaepernick is being crucified by some people for not standing. Why is that? The reason many people are upset is due to being socially engineered (manipulation of the herd instinct) to believe standing for an anthem is a LAW that should be obeyed for certain reasons. Both sides will give their reason as to why one should or shouldn't stand, yet many never stop to ponder WHY they perform this physical act, to unconsciously stand without second guessing it, like a bunch of well trained dolphins in the first place.

Without an announcer asking "Please stand for the national anthem" most will do so anyway...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I heard a story similar to this about monkeys beating the crap out of 'the new guy' if he went after the banana bait.

I always wondered if that one was really true.

Hmm. I think the monkey experiment never happened. Here:
www.psychologytoday. com - What Monkeys Can Teach Us About Human Behavior: From Facts to Fiction...

(Something like it might have happened. Look at the link.)

The milgram experiment is a good one, but there're others, like Asch's conformity experiment.

I don't know if the P's video si real or not.
edit on 9/1/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Yes, I agree with what you are saying.
I just can't get it out of my mind that this particular social experiment was staged and therefore, in my opinion, invalidates this particular experiment. Herd behavior is definitely present everywhere though. It just really bothers me that some people take these sorts of things and use them for profit via likes, views etc. Not saying that is for certain the case with this, but it very well could be.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker11

I feel you. The contrived nature of this social "experiment" does much to discredit actual findings. Nietzsche and Bernays' writings along with Freudian and Jungian philosophy paints a better picture.

It just really bothers me that some people take these sorts of things and use them for profit via likes, views etc. Not saying that is for certain the case with this, but it very well could be.

If this is the case, it ironically demonstrates in a small way the exploitation or manipulation of the herd instinct in society we are discussing here.

The psychology behind clickbait:

As a number of new studies confirm, you can blame your clickbait habit on two things: the outsized role emotion plays in your intuitive judgements and daily choices, and your lazy brain.

www.wired.com...

Understanding the dynamics of herd behaviour becomes a powerful asset for online social marketing companies. For instance, every year across the globe we have the event called "Earth Hour", where many people (at least in my city) will *obey* due to being reminded of environmental responsibility and turn their lights off for an hour at the time given by the organizer of the event. However, the next 364 days of the year they go back to their usual consumption habits. The interesting thing is most will do it not because they truly care, but because they don't want to be the only house on the block all lit up.

On that note: I love those rebels who don't give a fig that keep their X-mas lights up all year round. The ones who frown upon them do so because of herd behaviour. Conformity.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This thread may be completely dead but I want to say; all hope is not lost! The Asch experiment is iconic in our society, but it was performed during a time in the United States that pushed for everyone to be united and similar. Many researchers have tried this experiment in more recent years and got much lower numbers of conformity. This is typically attributed to the newer ideals of individuality and standing out from the crowd.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: snowgoddess

I think it indicates today's population is too slow and mentally occupied to even be aware of their surroundings. The dumbing down went too far. "Huh?" is the common response to ALL stimuli. They can't even see the judas goat. If you've watched Mark Dice videos youre probably aware of the bliss in ignorance and inattentiveness. Their plans totally backfired.
edit on 9-11-2018 by Prene because: Spyware ads be wrecking my keyboard

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

A couple of years ago there was this case of a little girl drowing in a harbor. 50 people were looking on and eventually the girl drowned. Nobody jumped in the water because nobody else did...

The bystander effect. The greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that one of them will help.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join