It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something from my childhood i still cannot explain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So im not sure if this is an actual instance of paranormal activity or if someone is able to explain this but in my experience, i cannot explain it and it was about 11 or so years ago (when i was 7 years old).

Anyway, into the story. Like i sais i was about 6-8years old, im really not good at remembering that far back but in this case, i did remember this particular set of incidents. Now we have a bathroom in our basement and in the bathroom theres a shower, toilet, sink, and a double doored closet that we keep our light bulbs and holiday wrapping paper and ribbons in so its basically a storage closet. When i would go in there to use the toilet, i would always get about halfway done with my business when i would hear a banging noise coming from the storage closet. The noise sounded like someone was banging on the door from the inside. This hapoened about 5 times (consecutivly) before i got scared and stopped using the bathroom all together. I didnt use it much to begin with considering our two upper floors each have a bathroom on them. Before i stopped using it, I told my parents about it and they said something couldve just fallen from a shelf but when i checked a couple hours after an incident occured (no one else went in the bathroom in the 2 hour span) there was nothing in the floor or the bottom shelf that looked like it couldve fallen.

After that i didnt use that bathroom for the next few years (being that young i sometimes still thought monsters were in my closet) and i started to use it again when i was about 14 years old. Ive never noticed anything unusual since then. My sister basically owns that bathroom now with all her lotions, make up, brushes and whatever else you can think of that a teenage girl might own to make herself look pretty.

Until i started using the bathroom again, there always seemed to be an eerie sort of feeling, like i shouldn't be in there. And really no one in our family used that bathroom very much considering we had one on each floor on the other two floors. Now my sister uses it every day and it doesnt seem like a real big deal for me to use it either. Some of you probably think beacuse i was so young it couldve been my imagination or something, but im really not sure what it was because it seemed so real.

I honestly cant explain it still.its been so long and its never happened since then. Explanations/comments are welcome
edit on 31-8-2016 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

There are a lot of rational possibilities before you get into the paranormal.

A rodent living inside a stack of wrapping paper / your sister pranking you / Normal sounds within a house, creaking, water pipes banging.

Could have been a branch banging against a window with the sound transmitted through the wall structure to where you were sitting.

Lots of things.

Your feelings of unease go back to the fright you had when young.

Or it could have been a ghost. More likely your sister! She won!

P

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm thinkin mice
That or some pipes.. It could have been an echo from the upper floors, too.

hahaha I'm not a professional in the matter. Just a little sensitive.

I did a house reading once and the lady of the house told me that she could hear banging, breathing and felt as if someone was watching her all in her basement, which is unfinished with plenty of uncovered parts exposing wires and pipes.

I felt and heard what she experienced and noticed that any time the wind was strong, or someone walked upstairs / closed a door it sounded a lot like it was coming from behind me. There are also many electric what-nots (i'm so well spoken, i know) which I know make it feel as if the hairs on the back of your neck are standing up - similar to feeling like someone is standing behind you, watching you or like you're in danger.

Either way, your case still has me curious! I'd be nice to know any of the history of the house / property!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We have no history of rodent problems in our house since we lived there. If you think my sister was in there, you cant fit a person in there, the shelves are to full. Theres no water pipes running through the closet, theres no windows in the bathroom or close to the bathroom

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

if there's nothing in the universe that can prove it wasn't paranormal then i guess you were being haunted while you pooped

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm with Oblivvious...

Definitely a poopie ghost.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Poopy ghost?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's not rodents as mice or rats would have chewed the wrapping paper that was stored in the cabinet.

Has your Sister mentioned hearing anything unusual?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Someone may have committed suicide in that bathroom, or died before their time. In our old apartment 6 years ago I too was in the bathroom when the rest of the family were overseas for another week, and no one else was there, but something did a very sharp knuckle rap on the bathroom door. I said "okay, what am I doing that bothers you" then laughed a bit. A few nights later something pushed my back when I was sleeping, and it pushed so the mattress compressed down a bit.

Spirit or ghost whatever? yes, it had to be. No other explanation is possible when you witness and experience these things.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No. She only started using it for makeup s few years ago when the incidents seemed to stop

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Interesting. If it were a ghost, maybe it finally found the light and moved on.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Might have been low level Poltergeist activity. They seem to be attached to kids or teen girls but tend to go away as they get older. It could have just faded out.

Then again it could be biding it's time. Waiting to get you later....Carol Ann.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I dont know whether this helps at all but about thirty ago i moved to another city for work and was sharing a house with two other people ,at different times i would wake up with a feeling of dreadful menace and hate directed at me ,there was a man hole in the roof in my room and sometimes this would be lifted and turned around [it was a square opening ] so it had been lifted and turned around so it didnt sit square ,then later day it would return to the normal position,then my pillow went missing ,could not find it anywhere in the house [no one was playing a joke on me ]then days later it returned ,i never liked going into the garage, i always had the feeling that something didnt want me in there ,later one of the other people in the house told me a man hung himself in the garage ,whether someone died in that house is a possibility

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just to clarify something...A poltergeist is not a spirit per se, but basically PK caused usually by a teen/young adult with emotional/sexual stuff that may be repressed. It's an outward manifestation of these emotions, usually done unconsciously by the person

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Could it possibly have been other doors in the house opening and the air pressure from that was what caused the banging noise?

What time of year did this happen to you?

How old is your house?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I dont agree with that ,i believe poltergeist activity is definitely spirit or demonic activity ,based mainly on their anger for what ever reason they have ,getting fixations on certain people and women who they want to[,harass ,annoy ,pick on,] but cannot have sex with ,and are aggressive toward human beings ,in the Bible it says how before the flood they came down to the earth to have sex with all the women they chose ,evidently after the flood [after all the mayhem they caused ] were restricted from the ability to take on or manifest human bodies .When jesus Christ died then was ressurected ,his Apostles did not recognise him, as evidently he had taken on or manifested a new human body .

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: golden23
When i would go in there to use the toilet, i would always get about halfway done with my business when i would hear a banging noise coming from the storage closet. The noise sounded like someone was banging on the door from the inside.
I too heard spooky bathroom noises when I was little, which was before I learned about the noises that pipes can make. One made the hair on the back of my neck stand up as it was a really loud "bang" sound, and everybody in the house was asleep. I was in the hall just outside the bathroom and could tell the noise came from inside the bathroom so I went inside and nobody and nothing was in there, I even checked under the counter inside the cabinets. It kind of spooked me and I wondered what it was for many years. Later I learned about pipe noises and decided that's probably what it was.

So you're in the bathroom, if there's running water, there are pipes, and pipes can make noises. Sometimes they aren't directly exposed and when they are behind walls they can play tricks on where the noise is coming from.

They can make sort of a tapping sound especially if they are heating up or cooling down, like if someone before you ran some hot water, and the hot water pipe is now cooling down, it can sound like tap-tap-tap-tap-tap.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozb1777
a reply to: vlawde

I dont agree with that ,i believe poltergeist activity is definitely spirit or demonic activity ,based mainly on their anger for what ever reason they have ,getting fixations on certain people and women who they want to[,harass ,annoy ,pick on,] but cannot have sex with ,and are aggressive toward human beings ,in the Bible it says how before the flood they came down to the earth to have sex with all the women they chose ,evidently after the flood [after all the mayhem they caused ] were restricted from the ability to take on or manifest human bodies .When jesus Christ died then was ressurected ,his Apostles did not recognise him, as evidently he had taken on or manifested a new human body .

Apples and oranges. You are talking paranormal/spirit activity. Poltergeist is totally different, there is no actual spirit involved

"Poltergeist" is a German word meaning "noisy spirit." Current research indicates, however, that poltergeist activity may have nothing to do with ghosts or spirits. Since the activity seems to center around an individual, it is believed that it is caused by the subconscious mind of that individual. It is, in effect, psychokinetic activity. The individual is often under emotional, psychological or physical stress (even going through puberty).

Effects can include rappings on walls and floors, the physical movement of objects, effects on lights and other electric appliances - even the manifestation of physical phenomena.
edit on 3-9-2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

top topics

join