It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ (08/31/2016) Immigration Speech after Mexico Visit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wednesday was a fabulous day for Trump, whilst Hillary sniped from the sidelines and made herself look bitter. She becomes more pathetic with each passing day, offering no solutions and now openly race baiting.

Trump has absolutely nailed his campaign approach over the last 3 weeks.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's becoming apparent that Hillary and her lovers, use only two words: racism and fascism.

Pathetic, wouldn't you agree?

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck than its probably a duck . I thought you ALT right were non PC ? Now y'all are crying because someone labelled you for what you really are. Suck it up darling and stick with your beliefs. Don't come and cry faul when people call you out. And i have a message for you from another world, Che is rolling in his grave please change your avatar to Milosevic, Putin or Hitler. Thanks
edit on 1-9-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Mexican and other gangs composed of criminal illegal aliens will certainly disappear under Trump's plan.

Until recently, Trump made no distinction. All illegals are criminals and need deported was his stance. Now deportation for the non criminals has basically disappeared.

First things first.

The illegal criminals and if they have families, them too. Compassion is the order of the day. Don't want to break up families, do we?

So that's about 2-3 million right there.

People caught overstaying visas, bang, gone. Another 500,000 a year.

Get caught a second time here, bam! 10 yrs in prison.

Oh, and brain chip the criminal illegals. Impossible to remove without killing them.

Meh, the ACLU would freak out. Scratch that idea.

Being illegal is criminal.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I honestly have no idea what you just said to me.

Was it supposed to be an insult?

All I know for a fact, is that people who shout words such as racism and fascism, have zero knowledge of the actual meaning of those words. And it's just pathetic watching them say those words with confidence.

I most certainly am not a racist nor fascist. You should learn what fascism is, before calling a man from Serbia one. Zero history knowledge. And then, they say Hillary has support of educated people...where are they?
edit on 455k2016Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Wednesday was a fabulous day for Trump, whilst Hillary sniped from the sidelines and made herself look bitter. She becomes more pathetic with each passing day, offering no solutions and now openly race baiting.

I'm not sure if the Jekyll and Hyde approach appears "fabulous" to the general public.

This morning on Laura Ingrahm's show, Trump went back to saying he is "softening" on immigration...but it will come out at a later date. LOL.

All the past 24 hours has done is further confuse the public on where Trump really stands on immigration. Also, he went down to Mexico and the Mexican President flat out told him to his face, "Mexico will not pay for the wall"...and Trump lies about them ever talking about it.

I understand that devoted Trump supporters will see anything he does as "nailing" it...but honestly it doesn't matter what you think at this point, you are already voting for him and he is still losing in the polls.

It matters what others think about how he is doing...and from the early reports...people don't see it the same as you devout Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I honestly have no idea what you just said to me.

Was it supposed to be an insult?

All I know for a fact, is that people who shout words such as racism and fascism, have zero knowledge of the actual meaning of those words. And it's just pathetic watching them say those words with confidence.

I most certainly am not a racist nor fascist. You should learn what fascism is, before calling a man from Serbia one. Zero history knowledge. And then, they say Hillary has support of educated people...where are they?

I know what a fascist is, Serbia from the 90'ies is a great example of fascism. Talking about fascism. Can you arrange a gay parade in Belgrade without getting burned by a Molotov cocktail these days ?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

His campaign started 14 months ago.

In the three weeks cited we've seen him grossly politicize the murder of an innocent woman in order to garner support. Only offering condolences hours later. He fired his second campaign manager for reasons we can arguably believe are relevant to illegally receiving millions of dollars from other countries. He's gone all in with alt-right and allowing Breitbart to take over his campaign. And still refuses to release his tax returns.

He's attacked the credibility of a successful woman for the actions of her husband.

And the day is young.

It's been a legitimate discussion this month with media outlets on whether not he should drop out. His own party is rapidly turning their back on him or at best, distancing themselves as much as they can.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chissler
All of this ends up being a futile exercise in semantics.

Is Trump a racist? There's a debate to be had. Personally, I don't believe he is. Does Trump use racialized language reliant on offensive stereotypes backed by ignorant perceptions as opposed to fact? There's less of a debate there. If someone wants to argue over whether he's a racist or not, it's fair game. But to deny his racially charged words or to fault Clinton or the media for "playing the race card" is grossly obtuse. How can they do anything other than play the cards they've been dealt? Practically and objectively, anyone would do the exact same.

In his speech, the deporting of Mexicans will eradicate gangs, crime, etc.

It puts so many of America's problems at the doorstep of a very small segment of the population, stereotyping them in ways to denigrate any and all who may look alike.

Sucks to be them.

Now they know what an uneducated white man has to go through, in his own country.
And the white guys don't even have to do drive-by's or deal drugs or pimp!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I'm not sure if the Jekyll and Hyde approach appears "fabulous" to the general public.

This morning on Laura Ingrahm's show, Trump went back to saying he is "softening" on immigration...but it will come out at a later date. LOL.

All the past 24 hours has done is further confuse the public on where Trump really stands on immigration. Also, he went down to Mexico and the Mexican President flat out told him to his face, "Mexico will not pay for the wall"...and Trump lies about them ever talking about it.

I understand that devoted Trump supporters will see anything he does as "nailing" it...but honestly it doesn't matter what you think at this point, you are already voting for him and he is still losing in the polls.

It matters what others think about how he is doing...and from the early reports...people don't see it the same as you devout Trump supporters.

What difference at point does it make!?

Who is lying about the wall? Trump?

Why do you believe the mexican prez? lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why do you believe the mexican prez? lol.

The Mexican President hasn't given me any reason to question him, plus the Trump campaign is not disputing his claim.

Trump on the other hand, lies all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Sucks to be them.

Now they know what an uneducated white man has to go through, in his own country.
And the white guys don't even have to do drive-by's or deal drugs or pimp!

The notion that the country belongs to white men is the fundamental problem here.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Shaking my head, is the term if I'm not mistaken.
Zero history knowledge.

Apparently, if you oppose gays marching trough your capital promoting whatever it is they promote, is considered fascism? Throwing Molotov cocktail's at people?

Can you be any more ignorant?

Turn off your television, and turn on your brain.

But I get your tactic. You can't call me an alt-right or anti-pc or whatever it is that you guys use to insult people, so you call me a fascist.

You guys are extremely pathetic

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why are we attacking everyone who we disagree with? Did some of us log on to find others we agree with on everything and sit comfortably in an echo chamber? Or did we come hear to find those that we do disagree with and enjoy some actual discourse on current issues?

I've disagreed with a lot said here. I've echoed those disagreements. But it stays there.

We're discussing the issues and our views, not one another. Separate the two.

And now I'll take a slap on the wrist for being off-topic myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chissler

His campaign started 14 months ago.

In the three weeks cited we've seen him grossly politicize the murder of an innocent woman in order to garner support. Only offering condolences hours later.

I agree I though the politicizing of Wades cousin was not good. However, lets not act like politicians on all sides don't do this. I assume you criticize the Dem's use of the mothers of the movement or other groups as politicizing deaths?

He fired his second campaign manager for reasons we can arguably believe are relevant to illegally receiving millions of dollars from other countries.

Thats an assumption alright. I guess we will have to wait and see. If that is true though, how is that Trumps fault? Campaigns all the time have to release people when they do wrong. Do you think Trump releasing Manfort for supposedly having unscrupulous ties is worse than Clinton using her foundation to potentially give favors to bad groups, or Hillary's hiring of Debbie Shultz after it was found out she helped rig the elections against Bernie?

He's gone all in with alt-right and allowing Breitbart to take over his campaign.
What does that mean. If Bannon is such an evil man, why has everyone thought Trumps tone has been better since he got there? One could say that Hillary has people from the far left in her campaign. Alt right is just a boogey man term to label a group so you don't have to deal with the content of their arguments. Can I just label Hillary's far left and refuse to take her seriously?

And still refuses to release his tax returns.
So what. What does this prove, that he is not fit to be president. Maybe he should have just deleted his tax returns with bleach bit and claimed ignorance, that would have worked for you right?

He's attacked the credibility of a successful woman for the actions of her husband.

Who Hillary? First off, she attacked the credibility of the women that accused Bill, and that is what Trump was attacking, that she went after Bills victims. Second, she is the one who wants to make her being a woman such a big deal, and accused Trump of sexism, but its not ok for him to say she went after Bills victims, and refuses to take their claims of sexual assault seriously? That is very fair of you.

It's been a legitimate discussion this month with media outlets on whether not he should drop out. His own party is rapidly turning their back on him or at best, distancing themselves as much as they can.

Right, those people are members of the establishment. Like the establishment on the left that cheated Bernie out of the election. That successful woman you were raving about. Yes, the establishment wants him to drop out.

Meanwhile, they are mum about the scandal after scandal of Hillary. Trumps words disqualify him, but Hillary being caught jeopardizing national intelligence, lying about it, and possibly having the most corrupt pay for play scandal ever makes her a serious candidate.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem isn't with Trump, but those few in the establishment that are having a "serious" discussion about him dropping out. And I bet if those same Republicans had a "serious" discussion about Hillary droppping out because of her scandals, you would take them seriously.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I was away for work during the RNC and sat in a hotel room most of that week glued to the television and watched. Utterly disgusted most of the time with the views that were being shared. They were offering views from the microphone on stage at the RNC on every major network that I would have honestly wished to assume that people wouldn't be comfortable sharing in a private setting. It was repulsive.

And jump forward a week to the DNC. While the views being shared I either agreed with marginally or in full, the exploitation of 9/11 survivors, war hero's families, etc., I too felt was repulsive. I seen that in the same light I see stuff coming from the other side of the aisle, political manoeuvring for personal gain. Emptiness for a citizens support on one day in one moment come November.

While I object to both, I feel what the DNC is guilty of doesn't result in people getting hurt and lives being ruined. What the RNC stood for with Trump now serving as their mouth piece, people can really get hurt by what they are offering.

I'm not one to close my eyes and overlook the downfalls of those I support. I'll call it as I see it.

But to answer your question directly, yes it was painful during the DNC watching the exploitation to that level.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sorry, the workday intervened.

Now, first off ... you are correct, and I was incorrect. I cannot find any reference from any of Trump's comments in the last week or so (after the "softening" and before the "hardening" which is still "softening" somehow) that uses anything similar to, or that could be construed as "a path to citizenship."

I was either mistaken apparently, or I misremembered the reference. You are correct; I was incorrect.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled bashing and counter-bashing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for that.

I will also make a concession. I feel that Trump purposefully left it ambiguous in his speech what he would do with non violent illegals. At one point he says they will all have to go home first, and then at the end of his speech he says we will worry about that problem after a couple of years and we have the rest of it dealt with. This allows him to appeal to his base, while also claiming he isn't necessarily going to deport them. This goes with what you are saying about possibly changing his stance.

I had a problem with that in this speech, in addition to what qualifies as a serious enough crime to deport the illegal. If you get caught speeding, does that make you a criminal to be sent back. If this distinction isn't made clear, you run the risk of alienating hard working illegals, because they will be so afraid of any slip up will send them packing that they will never contact or cooperate with the police.

However, I ulitmately liked more about the speech than I disliked.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't deny that he said "we will work with them". But if those five words out of the thousands he speaks every day, constitutes a shift in policy, constitutes amnesty (whether I like or not, even after he just said no amnesty, even after just finding out that his policies have in fact not changed), then it is you who is denying reality.

Yes he said no amnesty; and as you pointed out words mean things, and "we will work with them" does not mean amnesty, like it or not.

With the way you've been using the media in place of your own opinion, we can call you a media true believer and evangelist.

You're really going to try to treat the words someone speaks as some kind of inventory?

Wow. Okay.

The "words he speaks regarding immigration" are unlike the "words he speaks telling Christie to go get his McDonald's."

The "words he spoke regarding immigration" last week suggested that he was softening his hardline stance. Softening is his word.

He said "no amnesty" and then said "but we're going to work with illegals." The law requires that illegals be deported. ANYTHING other than that is some form of amnesty. It's just what the word means.

As far as the ...absurdity ... in your last paragraph, it barely bears mentioning ... you may be content to be your only authority that you appeal to fallaciously and regularly -- I prefer to have a factual basis for the things I claim. I do realize that this is a difference between us. The remark that "I don't have my own ideas" is simply beneath you though.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chissler

Kudos to you. I obviously disagree with your point about how you thought how hurtful some of Trumps policies would be, but I applaud that you can call out what you don't like on all sides.

On this thread, I mentioned that I didn't like Trump bringing up the angel mothers. I don't mind discussing these things, but the bringing them on stage is just asking for emotional appeal instead of logic. I also have denounced stupid rhetoric from all sides, violence form all sides, etc.

It is nice to see people that can disagree on policy but be willing to call out stupidity on all sides.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I liked, in many ways, the character that TRUMP has built up over the years ... over-the-top egoism, bombast, etc.

As a reality TV character, he was amusing, though for me, he had a short shelf-life.

The fact that that caricature is now one of two choices for President, however, is an absurdity even my chaotic, leftist self cannot stomach.

He's proven himself, at least to me, as an incoherent, uninformed, blustering buffoon. I could vote for Romney, Ryan, hell probably even Jeb Bush before I could vote for him.

As it is ... the choice is vote for him or against him ... and I've chosen the latter.

YMMV

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join