It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ (08/31/2016) Immigration Speech after Mexico Visit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In the Fox News interview, Mr. Trump appeared to suggest that he would be open to some kind of path to legal status, if not citizenship, for undocumented immigrants. “No citizenship,” Mr. Trump said. “They’ll pay back taxes. They have to pay taxes,” he added. “There’s no amnesty, but we will work with them.” Mr. Trump said that while his supporters wanted to “get the bad ones out,” he also had heard from less-absolutist voters. “They’ve said, ‘Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person that has been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and the family out, it’s so tough, Mr. Trump,’” he said.

New York Times

There's no amnesty, but we will work with them.

We're going to get rid of them, but we'll work with them.

Trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Deportation, zero tolerance, etc. means just that.

No Amnesty means sending folks home. Working with them means, like it or not, amnesty.

/shrug

Now, the denial will begin. He said "no amnesty" right?

He also said "we will work with you.". Which of course, is amnesty.

When Scarborough refers to “Amnesty Don” he is fundamentally right. Regarding the 11 or so million immigrants who are in the U.S. without documentation there are only two possible outcomes. The first is deportation, the second is some form of amnesty—whatever it may be called—that allows those who are not deported to stay here permanently.

The Observer
edit on 1-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Looks like we're just going to have to elect Trump to find out.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Looks like we're just going to have to elect Trump to find out.

LOL ... you sound like Nancy Pelosi.

What an accomplishment.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

No more double standards. Right, comrade?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

No more double standards. Right, comrade?

But it's not good enough for me; it's ludicrous.

It's ludicrous when you say it; it was ludicrous when she said it.

"Comrade" ... oh that's rich. Anone who opposes the pompous bloviating windbag that is Trump is a Communist?

LOL ... you sound like a relic from the 1950s. Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You opposed 'univeral' healthcare? That sounds something along the lines of being racist.

Are you saying all you wanted was to watch people suffer with no health insurance?

Well, isn't that cute.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You opposed 'univeral' healthcare? That sounds something along the lines of being racist.

Are you saying all you wanted was to watch people suffer with no health insurance?

Well, isn't that cute.

Why don't you try quoting something I've said, rather than trying to do a crappy ventriloquist act?

Or, do everyone a favor and just move on; this is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just finished watching his speech from last night.

I'm glad to see his immigration policy is still exactly the same, despite what Hillary lovers tell us. And it was such a powerful speech.

If he keeps going on like this, he will stomp Hillary.
edit on 403k2016Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Such a powerful speech?

He said the same circuitous BS he's been saying. Well, what he was saying before last week.

In a little louder voice.

Only the Trump Tru-Believers see something new and inspiring here.

I've been hearing that Trump is going be beating Hillary for months.

He's still six or more points behind.

Just the facts.

EDIT Actcually there was something new. Don't forget the bonus "ideological test" ... I'm sure that makes some of you feel all warm and gooey inside.

For most of us, it sounds like fascism.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

America has been a fascist society for a long time now.

Have you forgotten Obama's bailout of mega-corporations? Corporate protectionism is fascism in the truest sense.

I asked you some questions, all you have done is try to cause diversions.

Do you support HRC? Do you support corporate fascist healthcare?

I have yet to see you make any balanced statements, I don't see you frequenting any threads supporting condemnations of the gross abuses and criminal acts of the left.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Well, I can't disagree that we're a fascist state in many ways. That started with Reagan.

You didn't ask questions ... you tried and failed to put words in my mouth.

I don't "support" Clinton. As I've said many times here, I'll be voting against the blight that is Donald Trump probably by voting for her.

Do I support "corporate fascist healthcare"? Nope. Do I support single payer universal health care, like most of the modern world has? Pretty much; I'd like to see the details of the plan.

My personal take on general issues, however, is not the topic here. Might want to get back on that.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Small correction

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Voting for her is supporting her.

If you didn't support evil, you would vote for third party at the least.

You support corporate fascist healthcare, you will be voting for HRC. Your words are meaningless, according to your actions.

You condemn Trump, for saying things. You're voting for Hillary, because she funded ISIS, supported corporate fascist healthcare, destroyed US manufacturing and Mexican workers wages/living conditions under NAFTA, sold secrets and favors to foreign enemies, and murdered anyone who took a stand to testify against evil.

It's sickening.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If I, as non American, was touched and moved when I saw the families of people killed by illegal immigrants, then it's a powerful speech, weather you like it or not.

He's behind in the support from establishment maybe.

I swear, I enjoyed these threads a lot more when you were taking a break off ATS. Just another member who's trying his hardest to pass the narrative he's being told by the mainstream media. Please, from now on, let's try to avoid each other on political debates. I wasted a lot of time on you, in the past, and I refuse to do it again.

edit on 428k2016Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Mexican and other gangs composed of criminal illegal aliens will certainly disappear under Trump's plan.

Until recently, Trump made no distinction. All illegals are criminals and need deported was his stance. Now deportation for the non criminals has basically disappeared.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

So, I should vote the way you think I should or I support "evil"? LOL. guess again bub.

No, I don't support fascist corporate communist atheist blank-ist healthcare; you don't get to put words in my mouth.

You asked, I answered. Move on.

I condemn Trump for saying things that are absurd, illogical, unreasonable, unconstitutional? /shrug. Guilty.

You're parroting right-wing nonsense. Get on topic, or be ignored.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What are you talking about working with means amnesty? Working with means So if someones says we are going to work with inmates to provide them job skills, that means we are letting them free right? This is ridiculous.

Let not forget, you said he offered citizenship, and I asked you to provide a source for that. Instead, you offer a source that specifically says he said no citizenship. Once more, you are being intentionally dishonest, or speaking out of both sides of your mouth just as you are accusing Trump of doing. Does this mean the ATS can can bash you for this, as you are doing to Trump?

I will say again, Trump and his campaign said they would have a softer tone. They also said the whole time there would be no amnesty, and we would have to listen to his speech on Wednesday for specifics. In his speech, he made it clear there would be no amnesty.

I am totally open to criticisms of this speech, I have some myself that I outlined. But lying by saying he offered citizenship earlier in the week, but then backtracked is dishonest and takes away from your credibility.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

And please, learn the meaning of fascism, before labeling anything you don't like as fascism.

Stop embarrassing yourself
edit on 433k2016Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

While the thought that my posts cause you some degree of irritation is heart-warming, please get on topic. If you don't like my posts, do what I generally do to yours ... ignore them.

As far as the speech ... you and the other Trump sycophants here would heap praise on him if he stood in front of the microphone and passed wind. You'd all be worshipping the timbre of the flatulence, that it was, without a doubt, the most profound, meaningful farting you'd ever heard.

Please, feel free to stop wasting time on my posts. Anytime.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You may not like the fact that "working with illegals" means amnesty, but this is a case where there are really only two options. Deportation or working with them. Most of us understand that "working with them" means amnesty.

If he's not going to "offer a path to citizenship" to the illegals, what's he going to do while he's "working with them"? He's going to let them stay while he works something out? Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, that's the current policy of the Obama Adminsitration.

"Oh, Mr. Trump ... it's such a hard thing ... we've been here for 15-20 years ...". Was that merely pandering?

Either he's going to go by what he says, or he's not. Now we're back to a deportation force, last week, it was different.

We'll wait and see what next week brings.

Trump desperately tries to talk out of both sides of his mouth. (EDITED for T&C Compliance)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well thats just like, your opinion man.

You are very clever. You keep mixing words to fit your agenda. You have used the phrases "working with" "amnesty" and "citizenship" and try to substitute them in to fit your argument.

Lets make this real simple. You said Trump offered citizenship on the last page. I asked you to provide a source for that. You instead provided a source that has Trump say specifically no citizenship.

Now your stance is, saying working together with means amnesty. This is a stretch as you could work with them to help them find a safe way home, or have a temporary stay, etc. all of which isn't amnesty. But lets just assume you are right for argument sake, and working with means amnesty. That still isn't citizenship!

There are all sorts of people that are allowed to stay in the US that aren't citizens. So amnesty, or how you are using it in the sense of just allowing them to stay, does not mean citizenship. Do people with work visa have citizenship? Are they entitled to all of the benefits of a citizen like voting? No. Trump and his campaign vehemently said no citizenship all week. Heck, he even said it in the very quote you show, on the occasion where he talked about working with them.

Now you specifically said Trump offered them citizenship. I ask you again for your source. You are being dishonest. Again, until you provide a source that shows Trump said he would offer illegals citizenship, why should anyone treat you any different than you are treating Trump, as an accused liar?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join