It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ (08/31/2016) Immigration Speech after Mexico Visit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Trump went back to his pandering to the Alt-Right.

I wouldn't say the speech was racists, but it would appeal to racists and white supremacist.

For example, take this line of his speech.

We will accomplish all of the steps outlined above, and when we do, peace and law and justice and prosperity will prevail. Crime will go down, border crossings will plummet, gangs will disappear, and welfare use will decrease.

"Gangs will disappear"

Think about that for a second. He is claiming that if we stop illegal immigration...gangs will disappear. So he is saying that illegal immigrants, from our southern border, are responsible for ALL of our gang problems in America.

The rest of that quote isn't much better. What percentage of crime and welfare use is attributed to illegal immigrants? I honestly don't know...but I doubt it would be a significant percentage that we would notice. There are 320 million people in our country...high estimates are at 11 million illegal immigrants...if you assume they are all committing crimes and on welfare, that is only 3% of our population...which is an insignificant number.

So I understand where they are coming from. The speech caters to racists...he told them what they want to hear without actually saying anything racist (except maybe the gang quote...that is borderline I would say). Remember, he has already labeled them rapist and murderers....this speech was just him doubling down on that.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

From the quote I don't see where it he says ALL gangs will disappear or that ALL gang problems are from illegal immigrants.

See this is the hoop jumping and strawmen arguments that get passed around. DT has many flaws, there's no need to be disingenuous to suit your contempt.

It's a free forum so I can't stop you, so I'll just say keep building your arguments while ignoring facts. Humans need more boxes and labels so keep that up too.

edit on 31-8-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

When more jobs open up less kids join gangs.

Gangs of illegals like ms13 are in trouble if he's elected

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Oh please. According to the site I linked, illegals commit many crimes. He said gangs will disappear, I don't think he met all. He is imply most of the illegal drugs come in from illegals, and without them gangs of all ethnicitys would have trouble. All politicians speak in absolutes like this all of the time. For examples, both candidates have claimed they will get jobs for all people, or wipe out terrorism, etc.

But lets put the shoe on the other foot. Is Maddow catering to racists that hate whites by focusing on the few cops or whites that kill blacks? Oh no, she is discussing a serious issue, right? What a joke.

I am sure the racists loved it when he talked about giving money to the inner cities, or improving jobs for latinos and blacks.

And so what if racist like this speech? They are scum bags that a of such a small number that they are insignificant. Black or Muslims racist probably like HIllary's stances, does that mean we should not vote for her based on this? Thats the problem with focusing on fringe supporters of a candidate, no candidate would be acceptable.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

When more jobs open up less kids join gangs.

Gangs of illegals like ms13 are in trouble if he's elected

LOL

Most of MS13 members aren't even in the US.

And how is Trump creating those jobs?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

OH !!

What if Nieto was just pandering to his own voters?

I bet he lies more than Hillary.

He's a member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party.

Trump doesn't wanna make America Great Again he wants to make America North Korea!!!!!! Rounding up potentially 30 million people (his own words) including Hilary, I guess there are other Americans he would like to deport as well. Ideological tests to immigrate here??

I hope Nieto got his meeting with Trump all on video not that It would matter.

Reagan would be rolling in his grave over his speech.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You are grasping at straws.

He never changed actually his illegal immigration stance. The unreliable media ran away with their imaginations claiming "pivoting" ,"softening" and "flip-flopping" that never actually happened to begin with.

He does not state ALL gangs will disappear.

Mexican and other gangs composed of criminal illegal aliens will certainly disappear under Trump's plan.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't get it. America can't keep gangs, drugs or gang activity out of our prisons, we can't stop prison gangs from directing operations on our streets but hes gonna do it, he is going to stop it all??????????????????

edit on 1-9-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

You are grasping at straws.

He never changed actually his illegal immigration stance. The unreliable media ran away with their imaginations claiming "pivoting" ,"softening" and "flip-flopping" that never actually happened to begin with.

Came straight out of Trump's mouth on Hannity's townhall last week.

Trump, taping a town hall in Austin, Texas, for Fox News, was asked by moderator Sean Hannity whether he would change current statutes to accommodate law-abiding citizens or longtime residents who have raised children in the US.

"There certainly can be a softening because we're not looking to hurt people," Trump answered. "We want people — we have some great people in this country."

So yes, it did actually happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Trump said there could be a softening.

Could be no would be.

Trump let them believe what they wanted to believe and the suckers ran with it.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Even Clinton News Network admiited there was actually no confirmed shift in Trump's immigration policy.

Donald Trump says there could be a "softening" in his hardline immigration proposals -- though he did not provide detail and his campaign so far has yet to offer a coordinated message on whether there's been a shift in policy.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Trump said there could be a softening.

Could be no would be.

Trump let them believe what they wanted to believe and the suckers ran with it.

After the negative response he got, he had to do something to pacify his supporters.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

There is no shift, save for the reassurance to fear-mongers that America will secure it's borders as humanely as possible, which is expected, but it is a shame that Trump has to remind people of ithis. As Trump said, the government will be lean and mean, but with a big fat heart.

Trump has to reassure the easily scared, who let their feverish minds run to the most paranoid conclusions.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The irrational depths to which some of you have fallen in this apparent need to evangelize for Trump is simply astounding.

Words don't mean what they mean anymore. Trump on recorded media STATING that his policy (such as it was) is changing only means that he was lying (for some reason) to achieve some unknown something in the reaction.

Pathetic. Apparently, the motto that some of you have adopted is "Deny Reality."

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

TRUMP NEVER ACTUALLY STATED HIS POLICY WAS CHANGEING!

Provide evidence otherwise or shut up already.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Words don't mean what they mean anymore. Trump on recorded media STATING that his policy (such as it was) is changing only means that he was lying (for some reason) to achieve some unknown something in the reaction.

Words can mean something if they are put into proper combinations. Would you care to clarify this?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

TRUMP NEVER ACTUALLY STATED HIS POLICY WAS CHANGEING!

Provide evidence otherwise or shut up already.

Yes, he did.

And the reaction of his sycophantic followers proves it.

See above.

Seriously, you may want to capture the Deny Reality username before someone else does.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Words can mean something if they are put into proper combinations. Would you care to clarify this?

Clarify? Nope. My comment is exceedingly clear both in literal meaning and intent.

I don't waste time with true believers and evangelists.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

All you posted was evidence of the biased media SPECULATING and trying to portray Trump as negatively as possible.

None of those sources show any evidence that Trump's immigration stance ever shifted in any significant way.

You seem relatively intelligent But are either purposefully deluding yourself or just trying to delude others.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join