It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ (08/31/2016) Immigration Speech after Mexico Visit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Where is that durn quote?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Really?

First, I've never said, nor intimated, any such thing.

Second, my point is that this speech is exactly what he has been saying for a year. For that year, his poll numbers have been crap with Latino voters. Why would their minds change hearing more of the same from Trump?

Third, the graph of Latino voters from your link. I don't see a significant change over the past year. *shrugs*

edit on 8/31/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The DNC/Clinton Campaign is not hearing what they want to hear tonight.

The script writers are scrambling for tomorrow's material.

Watch how they will twist, deflect and blame.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump snookered them yet again!

They were all so sure Trump was going to "pivot" and propose amnesty.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump snookered them yet again!

They were all so sure Trump was going to "pivot" and propose amnesty.

I believe you are correct.

He made some good tactical moves today.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I feel good about his speech. It was him but it was well put together compared to totally off the cuff. And much to the surprise of some nay sayers...he stayed on message...his original message, with more substance.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well Hillary is flabbergasted.

She talks like her own policies were great or something !!!

Hillary Clinton today used her first public event in nearly a week to bash Donald Trump for “dropping in” on Mexico, saying building relationships takes more than “a photo op.”

"You don't build a coalition by insulting our friends or acting like a loose cannon. You do it by putting in the slow, hard work of building relationships," the Democratic presidential nominee and former secretary of state said during remarks at the American Legion's national convention in Cincinnati, referring to her Republican opponent.

Think again Hillary

(warning: story from ABC News)
Hillary Clinton Hits Trump for 'Dropping In' on Mexico

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Great speech.

There are illegal latino's that probably don't like Trump.

There are legal latino's that probably don't like illegal latino's.

There are probably more legal latino's that like Trump than not.

Why would the rest of the legal latino's not like what he proposes on immigration?

Why do people think the USA MUST accept ANY illegal or anyone from anywhere?

I like when he said he will stop the lure of jobs and welfare for the illegals.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hillary Clinton today used her first public event in nearly a week to bash Donald Trump for “dropping in” on Mexico, saying building relationships takes more than “a photo op.”

"You don't build a coalition by insulting our friends or acting like a loose cannon. You do it by putting in the slow, hard work of building relationships," the Democratic presidential nominee and former secretary of state said during remarks at the American Legion's national convention in Cincinnati, referring to her Republican opponent.

Think again Hillary

How friggin long does it take to build a coalition?! lollol!

Is she stupid or what?!

Vincente Fox, in a sound bite, started with "SHE is not welcome here.." (talking about Trump)

Now I can forgive it if there were no distinction in the language for that, like in cantonese, but I think it was not a slip.

Anyway, 10 point policy proposal. Very good.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I thought it was good. He was tough. I'm sure there are plenty of flaws to pick at. Which of course is taking place now

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
"America, the big bully that keeps getting beat up."

Did I hear that properly? Can someone explain?

I think Trump went off message there...and it was hilarious.

Yes people...he just called America the big bully. And not even a good bully...the bully that gets beat up.

I guess Making America Great Again means making America into a better bully?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: Olivine

All he said was we are going to deport the criminals and enforce our laws.

Anyone who is against our own laws is against democracy.

So...you support Obamacare then...right?

Or, are you against democracy?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here are my impressions of the speech-

Things I didn't like-

1. I thought that some of his off the cuff comments didn't make sense. Such as, "We are like the bully that gets beat up". or saying there was probably a criminal illegal in the room. Not big points, just confused me a little.

2. I respect all of the mothers that were up there, and I know why politicians bring them on stage, but this appeal to emotion isn't my cup of tea. However, I guess the fact that all sides do it means it will continue to be done.

3. I am still a little confused on what he wants done with non criminal illegals that are here. At one point he said the only chance for illegals to become legal would be to go back to their country and reapply, but then he said we couldn't decide on what to do with them until after all of his objectives were complete and we are safe.

Also he said that all illegals that commit crimes would go. Does this include minor crimes like speeding tickets and such? If so I am against that. Also he said those that abuse the welfare system will go. Does that mean anyone on food stamps or unemployment? I would like more clarity on this.

Now what I liked about the speech.

1. He didn't alienate his base. The word was he would be offering amnesty, and I was the first to say I thought that would have been a big change from him in the primary. I personally feel that although his position tonight is more nuanced, it stayed within the spirit of what he ran on.

2. The level of detail in this speech was great. Also, Trump pointing out that Hillary hasn't really given details on her plan for immigration was good. All we ever hear about Hillary is how she is a policy wonk, but I never really here anymore detail from her than I hear from Trump. This speech had an abundance of specifics which I think is great.

3. The focus on American workers was great. This is a group that has been overlooked by both parties, and I think what drove Trump's popularity in the first place.

4. The fact that he focused on liking legal immigrants, and wanting to make the system more fair for them. The accusation that Trump hates latinos and immigrants has always seemed absurd to me. He may have said some dumb things about illegals, but I have never heard him say anything bad about legal immigrants.

5. The focus on black and latinos was a positive one for me. By being honest about how they are most effected by illegal immigrants it sheds light on why just excusing open boarders for the sake of being nice is impossible, because it effects the most vulnerable of communities.

6. Trump saying he would spend saved money on rebuilding our inner cities was a sart decision, and again goes to show he is trying to reach out to more demographics. (Who knows if it will work or not).

All in all, I thought this was a good speech. My big take away was that he gave a lot of specifics, and he didn't alienate his base.

I look forward to hearing Hillary's specific policies on immigration, perhaps at a fund raiser in Martha's Vineyard.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The DNC/Clinton Campaign is not hearing what they want to hear tonight.

The script writers are scrambling for tomorrow's material.

Watch how they will twist, deflect and blame.

The DHS has declared the election critical infrastructure it and the UN will administer the election,if Trump wins apparently Putin was responsible this is what I am seeing here in Australia from US media,they have just declared we are stealing the election so this is all theatre sorry.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
I suppose the legal Latinos wouldn' t like it if a relative is getting kicked out or not let in.

Then there's non Latinos who love these illegals that they can hire for cheap labour . There's goes that cheap labour, but now there's a vacant position for a citizen who should have got that job - who will of course be paying taxes on that paycheck.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Think again Hillary

How friggin long does it take to build a coalition?! lollol!

Is she stupid or what?!

The best part is she unknowingly chopped Obama's policies !!!!

Remember that for tomorrow's talking points.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: JinMI
"America, the big bully that keeps getting beat up."

Did I hear that properly? Can someone explain?

I think Trump went off message there...and it was hilarious.

Yes people...he just called America the big bully. And not even a good bully...the bully that gets beat up.

I guess Making America Great Again means making America into a better bully?

So at the risk of getting flamed. America is a bully. And yes we are getting beaten up by our lack of enforcement of immigration LAWS among other things...Syria and Russia and Turkey and Russia with our failed attempt at a coup.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree the crimes were not defined except he said any crimes . A petty crime like a 17 y o kid stealing a candy bar from a store seems unfair . I think most deportation laws in other nations are for felonies, federal crimes, murderers armed robberies, rape, drug trafficking, tax evasion etc. That's for legal immigrants anyways. If you commit a felony you can be deported.

So it seems fair if your not legal you should also be deported as those who are legal already have these rules

I think he means serious criminals or if he doesn't, he will soon learn that's the limit.

Overall I liked his speech. I like him being tough although I cannot imagine a president being allowed to talk like that! It's real though.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have been watching some msm coverage of the speech, and can again guess what the official line on this speech is?

RACISM!!!!!!

Thats right! This speech was racist. By talking about crime or jobs and illegal immigrants, Trump is being a racist. He fears brown people, and is dog whistling to whites that we need to keep the country white.

This is a joke. He spent a great portion of his speech talking about his appreciation for LEGAL immigrants, African Americans, etc. The progressive line of lumping criticism with illegal immigrants with hatred of all immigrants is getting old. Under this interpretation, if we don't have totally open borders, we ar being racist.

This is ridiculous and so transparent. Lets not forget that all sorts of Democrats originally were for controlling illegal immigration, including progressive champions such as Bernie Sanders, but for some reason that wasn't considered racism.

Rachel Maddow in particular (just happens to be who I am watching) says that by bringing up people that have killed by illegals is bigotted because it is demonizing a group based on only a small amount. According to the GAO (which stats are in the following site) tehre were around 25000 charged cases of homicide for illegals in prison in 2013 (that doesn't mean that they committed al of thos that year, but that is how many were jailed at that point).

www.americanthinker.com...

And yet without batting an eye her program will invest show after show after show blasting the police for killing unarmed black people. This is about 300 people last year, most of who were armed. But to Maddow and other progressives, this is a national crisis.

I am disgusted at the bias of the msm. Rather you liked or disliked today's speech, I don't know how you can call it racist.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Your experiencing, as I'm sure you have before, the severe disconnect between reality and the MSM. You heard the speech right? Now your seeing how they are reporting it.

Also keep in mind that many MANY Americans only use those outlets for their "news." Most folks would not have taken the time to actually listen to DT speak for themselves but will trust, with absolute authority, what the alphabet news places put out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join