It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson's position on TPP: It's laden with crony capitalism.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

originally posted by: ketsuko
Gary Johnson wants to "liberate" us all right ... right into Globalism.

I'll never understand this fear of 'globalism' unless it's related to some kneejerk worry about 'New World Order'.

Last time I looked, the globe was round with no borders anywhere drawn on it.

Borders are quite a modern invention, in fact. I've got no problem with competing globally for jobs and benefiting globally from everyone having equal access to basics including housing, food, water, and education.

We won't be a 'civilization' until everyone has at least that.

We already have equal access to those things, but with an even stronger economy it'll become more apparent.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

According to Former United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under President Reagan Paul Craig Roberts who said in a video I watched, every member of the US congress who voted for the legislation had a $136 million donation paid into their re-election campaign fund.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

originally posted by: xuenchen
The main Libertarian Party has been bought off.

Not what it used to be.

I guess TPTB saw them as a threat.

Can't vote for them anymore.

Bought off by who?

They can barely raise $3m.

Hillary and Trump are over $150m+.

Yeah! They paid 3 million USD for him. I call that a bargain.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

originally posted by: xuenchen
The main Libertarian Party has been bought off.

Not what it used to be.

I guess TPTB saw them as a threat.

Can't vote for them anymore.

Bought off by who?

They can barely raise $3m.

Hillary and Trump are over $150m+.

Yeah! They paid 3 million USD for him. I call that a bargain.

Payed by who? Most of that money was raised by individual donations.

www.opensecrets.org...

No one "bought him". The Koch brothers preferred Hillary not Johnson not Stein not Trump. George Soros was advising Hillary not Johnson not Stein not Trump.

Seriously $3m raised to over $300m raised by Hillary. Look up the facts on who's donating to what.

www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 1-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 1-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: edit text

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'll take the risk that Johnson and Weld might fall slightly short of their extremely pro-liberty goals any day over the assured assault on our rights that will be advanced by a Trump or Clinton presidency. Any risks that Johnson and Weld may represent to freedom are very minor compared to the risks that Trump or Clinton pose to that same freedom. They still have my support. Their faux pas up until now have been fairly minor, and their message fairly consistent.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
September 10, 2016

Why did the mainstream media, and most social media, stop talking about Gary Johnson, simply because he didn't know that Aleppo is a city, in the country of Syria?

Ref: www.nytimes.com...

Before this "gaffe" he had a 7% share in the national Presidential poll average. Not bad.

Be honest, how many of you didn't know Aleppo was a Syrian city before this month? I'm not running for office, so I have no problem in admitting that I didn't know what Aleppo was, before the media started pumping out headlines that Gary Johnson couldn't answer an Aleppo question.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You do realize, of course, that if Johnson were elected and executed the foreign policy that is his platform, we most likely wouldn't remain in Syria or anywhere near it for very long, don't you? His knowledge or lack thereof of Aleppo, therefore, is really moot as to how well he could execute his intended foreign policy goals. It doesn't surprise me that he was not all studied up on the intricacies of that particular locale then. I see your point though that the public at large might take that differently than I do, as might the media.
edit on 11-9-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join