It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico WILL let me build my wall, Trump boasts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Let Trump shake the house, if he turns a dictator even better, he will destroy the system and then someone will destroy him as usually happens.

Really? Trump will destroy what system with the likes Mike Pence and Friends, and advisers like Roger Ailes; Chris Christie and his new hire, Mr Citizens United, David Bossie? More likely he'll destroy the middle class!
edit on 3-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The middle class has been destroyed since the jobs start being transferred to cheap labour countries and immigrants arrived to dispute low paying jobs with americans. Then the establishment tell people that those jobs would not be taken by americans. Obviously the payment was hugely shrunk by the illegals competition, who can live from them now?

There is no use in confusing things and making everything very complex. The globalisation was a mistake because it was in favour of big business only, the illegal immigrants compete for jobs making the payments lower, americans are unemployed because their previous employers took production to cheap labour countries.

Not hard to understand and not hard to solve for a big country like the US. The US can do anything to shape the world to their own needs.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

The middle class has been destroyed since the jobs start being transferred to cheap labour countries and immigrants arrived to dispute low paying jobs with americans.

So, throw the baby out with the bath water? I assure that the middle class has not been completely decimated yet, but electing Trump and associates with be its "death nail".

There is no use in confusing things and making everything very complex.

I'm not confused, not even by Mr Smoke and Mirror himself, Donald Trump.

Not hard to understand and not hard to solve for a big country like the US.

It's not hard to understand that the likes of Mike Pence, David Bossie and Chris Christie are not interested in solving middle class economic problems. Just look at their records! These are the "Best and Brightest" that Trump has to offered us?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It´s not illegal for a government to "steal" because governments make the law or have great influence on it. Usually its a tax or a penalty...

That logic is completely wrong. Govts don't make laws; politicians make laws. So you think it's not stealing if politicians confiscate money from the accounts of Mexican & American banks, corporations, contractors, & subsidiaries? And I brought up "international trade litigation" for a reason.

In this case, given the NAFTA deal the US would re negotiate it or just step out of it.

This would hurt American companies and consumers tremendously. Mexico is our 2nd largest trade partner for our exports and our 3rd largest trade partner that we import from. So many of our companies have operations over there and/or depend on sales to Mexican markets. This suggestion is simply ridiculous.

When a small country does this it gets burned because it is in a sense, disposable. When a huge country, specially a country the imports a lot the other deal partners are more than willing to negotiate, under any terms.

If that logic is sound, then I can reverse it on you. Mexico is not a small country by any means & it is the second largest individual buyer of American goods and services (second only to Canada). So by your own logic, Mexico's partner America would be willing to "negotiate under any terms", as you put it.

With Canada the relation isn´t on a basis of cheap labour, its a real balanced trading relation as with Europe because the wages and cost of living is somewhat similar. With China and Mexico the situation is different.

This is simply not true. Canada is the only country in the world that imports more American goods and services than Mexico. That has nothing to do with cheap labor. How is cheap labor in Mexico responsible for them buying the 2nd most amount of our goods in the world? Oh, and our trade relationship with Canada is also outlined in NAFTA.

Trump is completely right, this is one of the last chances for the US to restore the control of the cart. And it has to be by means of trade and commerce because the alternative its war and misery.

Nope, he's wrong. There are always opportunities to improve trade deals & relations w/other countries. So no, we won't engage in a trade war, a "cold" war, nor a "hot" war with Mexico. Mexico is closer to becoming a collection of US States than becoming an opponent in an upcoming war. By the way, it's official name is "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" which translates as "United Mexican States". They call us "Estados Unidos de América" which translates as "United States of America".

If you are concerned about what Mexico can do to the US, I can tell you that we were all very concerned with the Iraqi military back in 1991, it was one of the largest in the world, Top5 at the time. Well it took 100 hours to beat.

There will be no military conflict. I specifically listed freezing assets and "international trade litigation" for a reason. That's how any trade problems would be resolved. Actually, I take that back. Any "problems" would be resolved through dialogue because both countries have too much to lose if US-Mexican trade relations were damaged.

Not to mention that the world currency is the USD so, only by means of very deep and widespread corruption the US could get into the situation it is in now.

Actually, the British pound sterling (GBP), the Eurozone's euro (EUR), the Chinese yuan (CNY) and the Japanese yen (JPY) are also accepted as global reserve currencies. Though I don't understand how this "point" has anything to do with Trump, immigration, or his proposed wall.

Let Trump shake the house, if he turns a dictator even better, he will destroy the system and then someone will destroy him as usually happens.

I respectfully reject this option. Would you agree to let Hillary shake the house and if she turns into a dictator even better, because she will destroy the system and then someone will destroy her?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Govts don't make laws; politicians make laws. So you think it's not stealing if politicians confiscate money from the accounts of Mexican & American banks, corporations, contractors, & subsidiaries?

Sure they do they´re called act.
They found a reason then confiscate whatever they want. Isn´t it how its always done? If I agree or is I like? It depends. If its on the powerless I don´t like if its on the rich I like.

Mexico is our 2nd largest trade partner for our exports and our 3rd largest trade partner that we import from. So many of our companies have operations over there and/or depend on sales to Mexican markets. This suggestion is simply ridiculous.

You will pretty soon find another trading partners.

This is simply not true. Canada is the only country in the world that imports more American goods and services than Mexico. That has nothing to do with cheap labor. How is cheap labor in Mexico responsible for them buying the 2nd most amount of our goods in the world? Oh, and our trade relationship with Canada is also outlined in NAFTA.

On this one you haven´t understood what I wrote.

Nope, he's wrong. There are always opportunities to improve trade deals & relations w/other countries. So no, we won't engage in a trade war, a "cold" war, nor a "hot" war with Mexico. Mexico is closer to becoming a collection of US States than becoming an opponent in an upcoming war. By the way, it's official name is "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" which translates as "United Mexican States". They call us "Estados Unidos de América" which translates as "United States of America".

Again, you haven´t read what I wrote... And don´t need to lecture me on castellano.

Actually, the British pound sterling (GBP), the Eurozone's euro (EUR), the Chinese yuan (CNY) and the Japanese yen (JPY) are also accepted as global reserve currencies. Though I don't understand how this "point" has anything to do with Trump, immigration, or his proposed wall.

There are several reserve currencies but the oil is traded at the the global markets in USD and EUR only, mostly on USD, the term petrodollar comes from somewhere... The point is that the US has the world economy at his disposal, basically.

I respectfully reject this option. Would you agree to let Hillary shake the house and if she turns into a dictator even better, because she will destroy the system and then someone will destroy her?

In this regard, yes, the result would be the same. But I think Trump can deliver faster results.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm not confused, not even by Mr Smoke and Mirror himself, Donald Trump.

Not that, reading in context I meant that the usual analysis to these subjects is always very elaborate without any conclusions when in reality, people who live the problems know exactly where the problem is and how to solve it.

It's not hard to understand that the likes of Mike Pence, David Bossie and Chris Christie are not interested in solving middle class economic problems. Just look at their records! These are the "Best and Brightest" that Trump has to offered us?

Those figures will all be relegated to a side stage. If Trump wins he will try to do what he thinks has to be done to bring back some of what was lost in the last 20 years. If that works as he expected he will be an hero and this will be his reward, if it doesn´t works he will be the responsible of a second american civil war, probably.

The alternative is to vote on the instituted power, its safer for now but in 10 years the result will be the same as in the case of the Trumps second scenario.

This is Trumps gamble, there is a risk but there is also a high reward.

A guy like him is not driven by money, he is driven by power and risk taking, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t, with him it has worked well most of the times
edit on 3-9-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump supporters want easy, simple solutions to very complex problems. Like children....

That's succinct.

We'd be better off annexing Mexico and forcing them to clean up their own government.

By now I am pretty sure everyone in North AND South America wants the entirety of South America Annexed.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Taxes are going to have to go up a LOT to pay for this...

And then, products and services that come from America are going to go up a LOT due to not having cheap labor anymore.

I hope everyone has their wallets open and ready to give, give, give!

Sounds like you back the businesses up and the mandates they have to screw everyone and not be able to EASILY absorb the costs like ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

Why in hell do you think products and services would suddenly HAVE to skyrocket in price.

Across the board corruption and you love it, not hard to see.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Um you know businesses these days always pass cost onto the consumer right?
What business do you know these days that absorb their loses gladly?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump supporters want easy, simple solutions to very complex problems. Like children....

That's succinct.

We'd be better off annexing Mexico and forcing them to clean up their own government.

By now I am pretty sure everyone in North AND South America wants the entirety of South America Annexed.

Mexico is part of North America.

Why would "we" want to annex South America?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join