It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MiG- Firefox

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Isn't the MiG-33 a MiG-29M?

Shame on me, i've never seen Firefox...Only the plane

YES! That's where!

Damn PS2 Flight Sim Games.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
You are mistaken shattered, there is no MiG 30, in fact there are no even numbered MiGs at all. The nearest MiG has ever come to building a bomber, the MiG 27, still carries the odd number of a fighter. the MiG 31 is the Foxhound that was based on the MiG 25.

Yeah, infact when I first came across the thread I didn't even bother to open it, because i got all muddled up and thought that it was a thread on the Foxhound..See 'fox'hound=fire'fox'..

Pardon my dyslexic brain

But then the name kind of seemed strangely familiar and when I saw the first pic, a flood of memories came rushing back to me, this is the first time I've ever thought of the plane in 10 years!!
And for a 21 yr old thats like half my life!!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Looks like I'm also one of the more "senior" members here!
I read and loved "Firefox" as a plane-mad teenager in the 70's. I went to see the movie at the cinema when it was first released, and was suitably impressed. Don't forget, it's a CLINT EASTWOOD movie, dammit!

Anyone read the sequel "Firefox Down"?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm 23...so i'm not really senior but old enough...2 decades

I will "lend" Firefox online with one of the file sharing programs

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoogans
Looks like I'm also one of the more "senior" members here!
I read and loved "Firefox" as a plane-mad teenager in the 70's. I went to see the movie at the cinema when it was first released, and was suitably impressed. Don't forget, it's a CLINT EASTWOOD movie, dammit!

Anyone read the sequel "Firefox Down"?

nope...will do that hough...is the sequel pro US too?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Does anybody else think that the firefox looks a bit like the SR-71 (take out the front wings and move the engines to the wingtips)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
Does anybody else think that the firefox looks a bit like the SR-71 (take out the front wings and move the engines to the wingtips)

Let me put it simple... No.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 24-1-2005 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

nope...will do that hough...is the sequel pro US too?

You have to take it in the context of when it was written, in the late '70's and early '80's this was high drama based in a real life situation. If a book is not given friom the point of view of one side or the other then it would be very bland and boring.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, but I want to see CCCP propaganda too...
btw it seems the russians have just released a movie which is 'pro-russia' and supp to compete with hollywood 'save the world" type CIA movies..
Its about the FSB and involves FSB agents stoppig chechnyans terrorists from bombimg a NATO summit...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
USA had alie moive called behind enemy lines( which in reality Serbs would have creamed a 200thousand man NATO ARMY IF THEY DARED COME IN TO Serbis) so are you mad about this Rus movie?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
greetings!

as far as i can remember this movie, the special thing about this mig-firefox airplane, was its controlling. it was not like any other airplane, but was guided by voice commands from the special designed helmet. and our hero, mr. eastwood, had to learn all russian commands in order to fire missiles and stuff like that.

very futuristic movie for that time.
i loved it!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
^^^Huh??

i didn't get you're question...
come again??
I said I WANTED A PRO-CCCP movie on fighters...
just so that people don't misunderstand me anymore..

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
USA had alie moive called behind enemy lines( which in reality Serbs would have creamed a 200thousand man NATO ARMY IF THEY DARED COME IN TO Serbis) so are you mad about this Rus movie?

Can't you post even the simplest message without lapsing into propagandist BS?

Daedalus, I knew what you meant, don't worry

I had forgotten that point about it being voice controlled, very cool! As is the fact that Typhoon is the first real fighter to use anything like that, Go RAF!

[edit on 25-1-2005 by waynos]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
greetings!

as far as i can remember this movie, the special thing about this mig-firefox airplane, was its controlling. it was not like any other airplane, but was guided by voice commands from the special designed helmet. and our hero, mr. eastwood, had to learn all russian commands in order to fire missiles and stuff like that.

Err no, it was designed to be controlled by thought. That is why the kept repeating throughout the movie, "you must think in Russian."

Eastwood was choosen because he was taught Russian from an early age. You had to think solely in Russian, not think in American and transpose your thoughts.

I think you were confused because he was thinking out loud.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger

You still haven't gotten banned for your stupid remarks?

Well, won't be too long, ok, let's put it this way, the Serbs are good soldiers, I am not doubting that, but in no way in hell can they take out 200,000 NATO soldiers, which most of it will be U.S Marines and British and Canadian soldiers. Plus, you need to bring into account the Armor brigades.

Behind enemy Lines was a good movie, and based on true events, but you must understand that the pilot did survive, which means the enemy couldn't do crap about it.

And please, no more profanity or your Nationalistic BS attitude, if there is one thing I dislike hearing about, is one person rant on and on about how his army is the best in the freaking world, and everyone else should bow down before him. We don't need that here, this is a forum for reasonable structured posts. If you can't do that, don't bother remaining a member, you will only get flamed and you keep giving yourself a bad rap.

Truely, you are one who has never fought in war, who has virtually no military experience or intelligence for that matter. So until you actually do experience a battle first hand, I will be forced to throw your opinions out the window, we do not bash on other armies here, we talk about structured ideas and post structed opinions, a post such as yours deserves to get flamed. We do not bash on other powers, we acknowledge them, anyone disagree?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
YOU REALY beleive your hoolywood movies don't ya hahahaha go ahead it will be to our Rus/Serb benafit to make it easier for military VICTORY, GET READY yank ww3 is comin!! think you can deafet these guys I KNOW YOU CAN'T and soon will see cuz another nato war will start and this time it will be all out offensive for Serbia and when nato starts loosing they'll send more troops and finaly Russia will enter and then you can kiss goodby nato/eu conventionaly and nuclearly militaryphotos.net... keep clicking to the next page so you can see what you think you can beet .

[edit on 25-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

[edit on 25-1-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
He has to be doing it on purpose, nobody can be that thick by accident can they?

PS TWO edits and STILL littered with mistakes

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whats the matter WAY cat got your tounge?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Come again? Was that intended for me and if so what do you mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What I'm saying is do you think nato can deafeat those guys I don't at ALL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join