It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Mission Statement changed....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
About three months ago Jeh Johnson's Department of Homeland Security changed the Mission Statement from this:

We will lead efforts to achieve a safe, secure, and resilient homeland. We will counter terrorism and enhance our security; secure and manage our borders; enforce and administer our immigration laws; protect cyber networks and critical infrastructure; and ensure resilience from disasters. We will accomplish these missions while providing essential support to national and economic security and maturing and strengthening the Department of Homeland Security and the homeland security enterprise.

To this:

“With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.”

Is it merely less words saying the same thing, or are the omissions glaringly important?

In one of Jeh Johnson's speeches, he said, "When I took this job, I accepted an obligation to enforce the law consistent with the enforcement priorities of President Obama’s Administration." Notice he didn't say "consistent with the laws of the land or our Constitution".

What is the streamlined Mission Statement really saying? Am I reading too much into this watered-down version?

It all depends on what they mean when they use words like we, us, our etc. Who exactly are they talking about.?

In the same way justice and can just us, not you, 'our security' can mean 'just us.'

I dunno about anyone else, but more and more I see the western world, anyway, sliding inexorable down a great big black hole of tyranny from which it will quite likely take dozens or scores of life times to emerge from.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Foia that #

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join