It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unique' UFO hovering above home in UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Seems like an odd UFO sighting, nothing I have seen before. Could be a drone of some kind but it is quite large and seems odd how its moving. What you think?

A father-of-four claims to have filmed a 'unique' UFO when he spotted a mysterious black object he believes was the size of a car hovering above his home.
Chris Henry captured the peculiar body - which he likened to a giant trophy or egg timer - while he waited for a lift outside his front door in Macclesfield, Cheshire.

Here is the link to the news article, there is a Video on that page too.

Link to Video

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hard to tell the size, but it looks like a drone carrying something along the lines of a GoPro

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I would like to pose a theory of it being a hot air balloon. There's a company called Wickers World around Cheshire and Shropshire that offers flights every day of the year (as long as the weather holds up). I don't know about the shapes and sizes of the hot air balloons they've got, but they come in a wide variety. I'd say the regular shape of a hot air balloon fits the description.

I guess it would be easy to find out by sending them an e-mail to inquire about it, which I've done. I'll let you know the answer as soon as I hear from them.
edit on 31/8/16 by Droogie because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It´s called a "diabolo".
You can throw them very high.

Edit: To bad, I only now saw the video, it can´t be a diabolo.
edit on 31-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, at least it's a "unique" UFO. Flying saucers are so clicheed...so 20th century.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Every short UFO video that that ends while the "UFO" is still visible.. is a hoax in my opinion.
Why would anyone turn off the camera while filming something like that.. Perhaps he zoomed in to close and revealed what it really was.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Every short UFO video that that ends while the "UFO" is still visible.. is a hoax in my opinion.
Why would anyone turn off the camera while filming something like that.. Perhaps he zoomed in to close and revealed what it really was.

I always used to ask the same. What happened to the UFO - did it fly away or did it just disappear? It's not a diablo but I don't think it's of ET origin.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Could be a trash bag partially filled with helium.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
** double post.

edit on 2016-8-31 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It looks like the grail-shaped beacon from Castle Anthrax. Bad, bad, naughty Zoot has set alight to the castle's beacon.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lost of drone shapes out there.

Looks like Surveillance drone. Similar to the one they used at Fukushima, for example...

Edit: Or something hanging from a balloon.

edit on 31-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

I've had a reply from WIckers World, and they did not fly that day. Assuming the 'thursday' referred to in the article refers to the 25th of August.

ETA: It's worth mentioning the guys over at WW have no clue as to what it might be.
edit on 31/8/16 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Looks like an helium trophy to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well, the newspaper might've decided to only include a short clip of the footage and discarded the rest.

I don't know why, but I tried checking out the EXIF data from the pictures in the article. Didn't find anything as they've been copyrighted by Mercury Press, and stripped of all the EXIF data by them using adobe xmp. Wouldn't have found out anything using this method anyway, as I'm sure the pictures are only screen captures from the video.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Unemployed amateur paranormal investigator who has written books on UFO's...
Wonder how much cash he got for the story

edit on Wednesdayam311631Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:20:21 -0500202016-08-31T11:20:21-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I always used to ask the same. What happened to the UFO - did it fly away or did it just disappear? It's not a diablo but I don't think it's of ET origin.

If you watch the video, it ends as the thing rotates to reveal that it's remarkably flat:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I agree I was a little annoyed to see yet again a short video of an object that I think any one of us would keep the camera rolling as long as possible, incase its movement changed.

However still, just a very odd shape.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
When is a drone or any thing airborne a ufo? when you use words like 'odd' 'strange' and 'mysterious' in the description.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Pretty sure Amazon have been testing delivery drones in the UK....could that be what this is? Certainly looks like a package underneath.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join