It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just attended a Trump rally - Everett, Washington

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: SudoNim

In case you didn't see it, there is an entire debate on the first 3 pages of this thread about polling numbers and rally numbers that don't fit the narrative. Even the mods are involved.

If your trying to take the moral high ground your a few pages behind.

Oh even the mods are involved, I guess that means everyone should do it!

originally posted by: slider1982
a reply to: Konduit

I think know when the OP stated in the main section regarding the crowds and since it is a election I think everyone on here can comment about the difference in crowds. And to start a post as "Are you really that dumb" I think says a lot..

RA

Actual the OP said...

Please keep the political debating to a minimum or not at all in this thread. That's not what this is for. I worte this to discuss the realities of a Trump rally.

But please carry on, turn this into another Hillary vs Trump meme thread rather than a discussion about a Trump rally. Idiots.

I could be wrong but I believe that was placed there after the thread was underway as naturally a Trump thread will obviously bring people to comment about the current candidate situation which still stands as Hillary winning by a decent margin and Trump having no chance if the MSM is to be believed??. The OP stated the length of line to get in etc, that was very relevant within the post.

If the OP or anyone does not want to read comments which will obviously follow any political thread then maybe a Blog post with comments disabled would be better???. And not using ATS.

Idiots?? How does placing a comment into a thread about a POTUS candidate make someone such a thing??..

RA

I'm the OP and have answered every question asked of me. Also, I have not edited the OP either.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Unless one can prove that every attendee at any given political rally is a registered voter, then said rally is not an indicator of anything. Additionally, to gauge real findings, one would also need to prove that a certain percentage of those registered voter attendees were people who traditionally have not voted for that party. Having a giant rally of people who traditionally vote Republican doesn't really mean anything for a Trump campaign.

I don't put much faith into polls either. The only one that matters, and is accurate is the nation wide poll on November 7.

Interestingly, this was a talking point during the rally. They asked everyone to grab 5 registration cards and find frineds who haven't registered and ask them to fill it out and to vote. And surprisingly, they never even suggested "have them fill it out and vote Trump"...it was just ind people who aren't registered and have them vote. Making sure everyone is registered and DOES vote is very important and can show a real representation regardless to the victor. Also, outside in the long line were maybe 20 volunteers with clipboards asking everyone if they were registered and had cards in hand to give out.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gymbeau2000

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: butcherguy

You might be surprised how many people love to see some real-life excitement and conflict, but I'm not. I know several people personally who don't support Trump at all, but waited in line for hours just to see what's been talked about in the media.

Don't let them fool ya Kayla. They're closeted Trump supporters. Better to remain silent and keep you as a friend than speak up and have you "unfriend" them.

I think there are TONS of closeted Trump supporters out there. The mass media has spun it up so people are afraid to be seen choosing him.

exactly right! Many of us size up who we are in a conversation with before even bringing up the subject of politics.
edit on 9/1/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: Annee

Hmmm.

The already established base that keeps growing and growing.

Does it?

Kind of a "false" assumption. Appearances can be deceiving.

Yes.

No assumption. Rally attendance and social media presence much higher for Mr T. Fact.

You are the deceiving.

Sorry OP for being off topic.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

hmmm...a look at your thread history, 5-6 sentences and a you tube video. We understand some people don't like reading in this "I want it now generation" but others have no problem staying focussed.

Care to say anything about the topic?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

yep 95f & 81 * now, thanks for reminding mw

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im in eastern Washington. I was totally into Bernie also. Disappointing but it's good to a hear first hand report not what is being spoon fed. I will refrain from saying anything about HRC as I have nothing good to say. Thank You for taking time to post up

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If Trump is losing they better build new stadiums for when he starts winning.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
If Trump is losing they better build new stadiums for when he starts winning.

Indeed....when the comment was made about numbers turning out are not indicative of popularity i had a giggle, much like numbers that turn out for music concerts,festivals and sporting events....

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Hmmm.

Does it?

Yes.

No assumption. Rally attendance and social media presence much higher for Mr T. Fact.

You are the deceiving.

Having a high rally attendence just means you are appealing to the people who enjoy shouting repetitive slogans and loud noises. The ones who are easily pleased, short attention spans and no interest in actual policy.

Luckily for America, rallies don't show whose more popular. Just whose more popular with the... how to put this kindly, mentally limited members of society. Nailed it.
edit on 2-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Luckily for America, rallies don't show whose more popular. Just whose more popular with the... how to put this kindly, mentally limited members of society. Nailed it.
a reply to: SudoNim

Sometimes you make sense sometimes you are just friggin out there......you Americans are by far the most vocal out of all peoples in the entire world.....

To the rest of the world you guys are somewhat surreal...you clap and cheer over the smallest and weirdest of things and you do it unanimously....i would post up some material in my defense but honestly i do not need to...it is out there in your face kind of material

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Hmmm.

Does it?

Yes.

You are the deceiving.

Having a high rally attendence just means you are appealing to the people who enjoy shouting repetitive slogans and loud noises. The ones who are easily pleased, short attention spans and no interest in actual policy.

"how to put this kindly, mentally limited members of society. Nailed it."
You are unable to put anything kindly.

Your post makes no sense, move along.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
people were calm because it was nothing but old people. lol sorry blunt but true. invite a bunch of younger trump supporters and things would pan out very differently.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gymbeau2000

I take it your wife did not get her water bottle back after the show?

S&F, good show!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
The manners and decorum speak to the intelligence of Seattle's residents. It's a progressive city, with educated people. Perhaps many of them also attended Bernie's rallies.....which were phenomenal.

So - beyond the description of the "from the floor experience" (and thanks for that! Cool!) what did he say, and did it have any influence on your political decision-making process?

I'd like to go see him just for the history-making social and cultural phenomenon of it.

The "progressive" and "educated" were the rude ones outside throwing things and instigating violence. Pure trash.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
The manners and decorum speak to the intelligence of Seattle's residents. It's a progressive city, with educated people. Perhaps many of them also attended Bernie's rallies.....which were phenomenal.

So - beyond the description of the "from the floor experience" (and thanks for that! Cool!) what did he say, and did it have any influence on your political decision-making process?

I'd like to go see him just for the history-making social and cultural phenomenon of it.

The "progressive" and "educated" were the rude ones outside throwing things and instigating violence. Pure trash.

That's why no one but payed people are at the Clinton rally's. To busy assaulting and rioting at Trump rallies. Aren't capable of doing anything constructive.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Right and if were one of the establishment boys up there, or even Hillary, the news would be pounding the crowds and popularity to create a sure win. I never see or hear anything about this campaign or its packed houses without a deep search online.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I've always heard if you do not vote in the general you cannot vote in the primaries but this is no longer the rumor or truth. So get everyone out there to vote!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
people were calm because it was nothing but old people. lol sorry blunt but true. invite a bunch of younger trump supporters and things would pan out very differently.

Totally untrue. As I stated there were all ranges. If I had to estimate, the was:
10% 0-22 years old
10% 22-30
40% 30-40
20% 40-60
20% 60+

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bonsaihorn

I take it your wife did not get her water bottle back after the show?

S&F, good show!

She DID NOT get her bottle back! We were some of the first out the door and all the bottles were gone! I'm assuming the arena staff trashed them all. I plan on writing a strongly worded letter to the Trump staff and arena staff and plan to get my $10 reimburst!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join