It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just attended a Trump rally - Everett, Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkinsider
a reply to: gymbeau2000
Now, did your experience move your position to vote or not vote for Trump?

I'm still choosing. Wife, I dunno. We agree neither are excellent

I think the opposite. I think many, here for sure, are waiting for the debates and will make up their minds at the last sec. That's why polls are garbage!

edit on 31-8-2016 by gymbeau2000 because: I messed up the quotes

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I would guess that at least half of those attending Trump's rallies are just like the OP - not Trump fans, just those wanting to see what will happen at one of his rallies. So no, I don't think attendance numbers are any indication of support.

I doubt that. We were literally like the only people without Trump shirts and hats on...and signs. I wore my veteran hat and my wife was in business casual. We were for sure the odd men out.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

So, I don't like Trump, but don't worry I am going to be on topic.😄 So all of these people in line are chanting "build that wall", as we all know (I am sure his staff made him)The Donald has been a little softer, I feel for two reasons, he can't win with absolutely no Minority support, and two he was advised to, because he was acting like a mad man!

What during the rally was said about the wall and deportation of illegals? Since those seem to be all his campaign was focused on for the greater part of his campaign, and what did he say about world political stance and policy?

Same message really...Great Wall, deport...oh, one thing he read song lyrics to some song I don't know about helping a snake and then it biting you cause duh, it's a snake. It was in reference to ISIS and the Syrian refugees. Talked about the inequalities to people of color and the inner cities, 60% of black kids in poverty...stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Followup question:

If there are polls that show Trump leading or gaining on Clinton ... will you then believe the polls are accurate?

If so, do you understand the concept of confirmation bias?

Me? I know no polls are accurate and yes I know what confirmation bias is. I'm a mental health professional and have a year of statistics, on top of being retired Army.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Yet with all that attendance at these rallies, Hillary still manages to be "leading"? No....

...Yes...

He's polling ahead in all the places you would expect.

Large crowds at events are not an indication of how many people will go out and vote on election day. The vast majority of voters do not attend political events other than voting on that day itself.

The two things are basically unrelated and to use his crowd size as a means to somehow insinuate that the polls are all faked in favor of Hillary is just nonsense.

~Tenth

to insinuate that all those people attending his rallies don't give a damn is even bigger nonsense.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
When I hear undecideds I imagine an internal dialogue like...

"I've heard the arguments against mass deportation of families, and war crimes... I'm familiar with Trump's ideas on banning Muslims and building a wall... but I'm still not sure..."

Mine is very much like that, but I'm a realist and have seen stuff almost all of you have never seen or expereinced. We have to have a wal and why not? Have you seen the wall Mexico has on thier southern one? We are so afraid of offending other nations and not worrying about us and we have this downward spiral of a rotton core nation. And war crimes...well war IS a crime, but from my viewpoint there is no such thing as war crimes really. It's pure unfiltered survival. I know, I've been there.

And the deporting of families....I sortof for deporting people if you are illegal. I mean it's easy, come here legally. If not, well you are a criminal. Go away. Sorry for your kids, but that's YOUR fault for breaking the law, don't blame the system. But also, I think people should repect the fact that Trump actually listened to the uproar and is changing his opinions on that. Not sticking to some party BS policy or voting point but instead to what the people are saying they want is what we should want in our leaders. In my mind it's the thing that made me start considering him.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Good for you and your wife for exploring the process.

A question;

Hearing and seeing it live versus having the media portray it. Is there a difference?

Well, I guess seeing the magnitude of it was interesting. The media sure does zoom in and make it seem the crowds for Clinton and Trump are basically the same. I wish the media would better cover the protestors too. Like not the cute college girls but the ones I saw that were very rough and looked dangerous, which is odd given the message.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

to insinuate that all those people attending his rallies don't give a damn is even bigger nonsense.

I didn't say that, I said far less people attend political events than the number of people who show up to vote.

Most rallies are televised, people can watch them without braving the crowds.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I'm just saying the narrative doesn't fit what I'm seeing. It hasn't for awhile now. I don't it fits what a lot are seeing.

I get what you're saying, but to me it just seems like confirmation bias.

Just because people perceive things as being one way, doesn't really mean they are.

~Tenth

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
Guy passes out in line. Other people rush to help. You instead rush to steal their places in line. You're a jerk. No one is going to sue you, don't worry. You're still a jerk though.

No, if you read right, me and the wife were right there in the mix since we are both CPR certified. But since he was opening his eyes and there were about 20 others trying to be heroes, we backed away.

Come critize me when you have actually saved peoples lives...I'm up to about 20.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Two things...I have always wondered how many Trump Rally attendees go for the entertainment or pure curiosity factor.
At least I know one example now.

I watched the rally on CNN and what struck me was...
(A) It was the same speech he gave at the last couple of rallies, near word for word.
(B) Full on Teleprompter
(C) He really dedicated a huge chunk of it speaking to African-Americans...aka African American outreach...and this seemed odd to me because Washington State is one of the Whitest states in the union as far as I am aware..
Googling...
Washington state is 3.7% African American. Not the Whitest, Montana is, but in the bottom 15 for A-A population.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Double spacing each paragraph would be fine.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Way different than the scene that happened in New Mexico. I was there for Bernie. And when Trump came into town I had to work... But I so wish I could have joined in the festivities.

link   

originally posted by: Reigning

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: slider1982

And one thing that I find interesting, maybe OP can comment on this, is the difference in general appearance and physical characteristics between people who support trump compared to those who protest him.

Great question! This was my wife's main point too but it's a skewed answer. She commented on there only being like 3 black people in the audience. That wasn't too far off. I'd say easily less than 5% ethnic. But they sure did have two hispanic and one asian "people of the crowd" speakers on stage. But I say skewed cause it's like that here in western Wa. Grand majority are white. There were many 50+ year olds, but lots of all age groups too, even two 18 year old guys behind us in line. Your typical redneck look were there, but most were average middle America looking people you'd see at Target. But there were some fancy dressed ladies, guys in suits...basically everything.

The protestors were almost exclusivly like my mom dresses as a good 60 year old Catholic cat lady who grew up in NJ and also what you would imagine your most dyked out Seattle hipster looks like (yes I can say that, I'm from here and my wife is a self-proclaimed "fag hag").

link   

Which should mean more people attending than normal means something.

We're lazy #s.

It's certainly not meaningless.

To believe what your selling we need to believe that the movement with the least passion has consistently the most support. That the people no one cares enough to get off their asses for carry the will of the masses.

It's not just Trump's support I'm talking, I'm voting Stein, it's all the massive outcry that seems to always be the minority.

These are LOTS of people at all these things...

I dunno maybe it's just me, maybe it is my bias, I dunno. But I know I see that every time someone has this support they are anti-establishment, and they never win.

I think that's fishy.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reigning

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: slider1982
And in other news Hillary struggles to fill a small hanger and is either cancelling gigs or dare I say paying people to attend???..
But she is ahead in the Polls right????
RA

Yes.
I have seen ONE Hillary bumper sticker so far in this cycle. ONE.

Maybe she should start paying people to put bumper stickers on their cars?

And one thing that I find interesting, maybe OP can comment on this, is the difference in general appearance and physical characteristics between people who support trump compared to those who protest him.

Great question! This was my wife's main point too but it's a skewed answer. She commented on there only being like 3 black people in the audience. That wasn't too far off. I'd say easily less than 5% ethnic. But they sure did have two hispanic and one asian "people of the crowd" speakers on stage. But I say skewed cause it's like that here in western Wa. Grand majority are white. There were many 50+ year olds, but lots of all age groups too, even two 18 year old guys behind us in line. Your typical redneck look were there, but most were average middle America looking people you'd see at Target. But there were some fancy dressed ladies, guys in suits...basically everything.

The protestors were almost exclusivly like my mom dresses as a good 60 year old Catholic cat lady who grew up in NJ and also what you would imagine your most dyked out Seattle hipster looks like (yes I can say that, I'm from here and my wife is a self-proclaimed "fag hag").

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Seriously?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

To believe what your selling we need to believe that the movement with the least passion has consistently the most support. That the people no one cares enough to get off their asses for carry the will of the masses.

And that is historically true, only 40% of the population votes, which just statistically, means that more than half of the population doesn't give a damn.

I dunno maybe it's just me, maybe it is my bias, I dunno. But I know I see that every time someone has this support they are anti-establishment, and they never win.

Well Trump IS the establishment now, he has endorsements from all top party leaders and the RNC chair, so he can't call himself an outsider anymore, he'd have to run independent for that. His whole campaign is basically being run by party establishment on some level or another.

And the reason anti-establishment candidates don't wins is they don't have the resources to put up a fight on the national level. It usually comes down to money and visibility and you need one for the other.

The media could do a better job at covering 3rd party candidates, absolutely, but without there being one who has as much controversy surround him as Trump does, there's no money in it for them either. Most Americans see Jill Steinon CNN or MSBNC and change the channel, and that's bad for business.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

For people who swear by objective thinking and factual research sure do quote a lot of subjective MSM polls, info, and talking points around here.

Now, let's flame the new guy for axe stomping the 1000 lb guerrilla in the face - remember, being loud does not make your right.

Charlie Mike

I'll add this for an edit, politics is the base of being subjective, so it's very difficult not to be - I get that, but I wouldn't use it as my arguing point.

edit on 31-8-2016 by TheErlenmeyerFlask because: added a little something-something

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join