It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa: Earth is warming at a pace 'unprecedented in 1,000 years'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree with you; we need to do something soon. Bravo for the thread.....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for linking that info graphic. I wasn't sure if I did if it would show the progress of the graph over time or not.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: gmoneystunt

My agenda? It's to show you that we are seriously damaging the planet. I thought that was obvious?

You showed that the planet is warming and you mentioned man made climate change. That does not mean you are showing that we are seriously damaging the planet.

Human-caused climate change based on CO2 emissions is not good science, it is great political theater. But that is another subject best understood by following the money and there is a lot of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No worries

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Is it not a bit suspect that the proxy based (ice core samples) are ended in the 1800's . Why not extend the proxy data to the present day ? Why cut it off in the 1800 and stitch a temperature record to the end and is it just one temperature measurement ? Is it a graph that is ice core proxy with thermometers plus satellite records all stitched together ? Did they use old temperature records that were rounded up or down or weren't very consistent and adjusted them to fit our modern day imagination of what they were ? Heck we are chopping up 1% of temperature into 1000's of parts where yesterday it was 100's of parts and before that it was 1/2 of a degree .

Did they use the adjusted ship temperature of ships . You see they have so many go to's that they can with a little cherry picking and torture of the data get it to confess to what ever they want . Oh and that is what they have been caught doing .Just go through the posts on Climate Audit and you ill get the picture .

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Timely thread, Krazy.

The matter is beyond simply denying reality for imagined political gains ... if we don't start figuring out how to deal with the consequences of climate change ... some of us will live to regret it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

So I showed a bunch of evidence and you casually dismiss it because of your biases? Got it. Now you know why I keep making these threads. Because of people like you. When you finally start listening maybe I'll stop.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Is it not a bit suspect that the proxy based (ice core samples) are ended in the 1800's . Why not extend the proxy data to the present day ? Why cut it off in the 1800 and stitch a temperature record to the end and is it just one temperature measurement ? Is it a graph that is ice core proxy with thermometers plus satellite records all stitched together ? Did they use old temperature records that were rounded up or down or weren't very consistent and adjusted them to fit our modern day imagination of what they were ? Heck we are chopping up 1% of temperature into 1000's of parts where yesterday it was 100's of parts and before that it was 1/2 of a degree .

Why use a method that gives an approximation when you can use methods that are far more accurate to determine the temperatures? Come on guy. Use some common sense. Just because a method stops at a certain point doesn't mean it is flawed. We have better means of tracking the temperature since the 1800's. That's why we don't need to take ice core samples into the present.

Did they use the adjusted ship temperature of ships . You see they have so many go to's that they can with a little cherry picking and torture of the data get it to confess to what ever they want . Oh and that is what they have been caught doing .Just go through the posts on Climate Audit and you ill get the picture .

Adjusted ship temperature of ships? What are you talking about?

Lol. Why should I read your sources when you didn't even read mine?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

so how much of man's influence are we seeing in your chart? Is it 20%? 50%? 100%?

It's hugely important to understand that figure to know where we stand in our ability to repair our damage.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

how did they take temperature 1000 years ago?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And what happened here?

How did those spikes happen? What events led to them? Also hugely important to know when looking at the BIG picture. I am not discounting anything you presented, but since you seem to be an authority on this matter, these questions are important to the overall future of our survival.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its not that I don't listen. I believe the climate varies naturally. Temperatures will rise and fall for periods of time.

Scientists Suppress Little Ice Age Study
or
Britain heading for mini ICE AGE next year triggering widespread BLACKOUTS

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why use a method that gives an approximation when you can use methods that are far more accurate to determine the temperatures?
So you are saying that the proxies are not very accurate or reliable ...got it :>)

And as to why they may have done it well its called making it look official and accurate to give the impression that we are doomed and need to put a CO2 tax on all humans . I think they did that in ancient Egypt to appease the gods of that day
edit on 31-8-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It would be interesting if they extended that same partial proxy graph into the present and then look at it . My suspension is that the hockey stick shape would disappear and we would see a similar signal today as we see in the past .

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It would be interesting if they extended that same partial proxy graph into the present and then look at it . My suspension is that the hockey stick shape would disappear and we would see a similar signal today as we see in the past .

Exactly. I was going to respond to his quip as to why it matters with this point.

You can compare current ice core readings with actual satellite and other sources TODAY to try to ferret out how accurate the ice core temps / tree rings were from previous periods when alternative precise measurements were not around.

I'd like to see an ice core temp projection through today to compare to actual readings to see the delta. Given we are only talking a few degrees, the lack of precision from previous periods can have a profound effect on whether we believe temps are going up, down, or remaining stable.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As I'd posted previously, the single largest contributing source of AGW gases are the coal fired electric plants.

The only way to get a handle on this will be to sharply accelerate the replacement of coal fired plants with electricity produced at renewable sourced energy plants. A carbon tax on electricity should be imposed such that the cost of electricity is near doubled to reduce usage.

In my area, they're pushing for a per mile vehicle usage tax to reduce gasoline/diesel usage. And there's talk of closing the State parks to remove them as a destination for driving vacations. I'd think we should lobby Congress to close the National Parks to discourage people using them as driving vacation destinations.

My biggest pet peeve is the airlines spewing billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere. A carbon tax sufficient to triple the cost of air travel should be immediately imposed to drastically reduce the obscene number of daily flights.

Hopefully, when HRC is installed as POTUS, some of these problems can be adequately addressed.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

But if they did that then it would be ...nothing to see hear ,move along ...But some of these scientist are quite creative but do lack integrity and so will produce something that looks quite different from reality .

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

But if they did that then it would be ...nothing to see hear ,move along ...But some of these scientist are quite creative but do lack integrity and so will produce something that looks quite different from reality .

The lack of transparency is what drives my skepticism. Source data should be easily available. All assumptions should be clearly noted. All this stuff should be easily reproducible. There just seems to be too much manipulation going on to try to prove a predefined outcome instead of just doing analyses to see what is really happening.

To be clear, I am for clean air and environment. However, I get suspicious when the answer is more taxes, less freedom, and lower standards of living.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: and14263

Hopefully this signifies the end of the world AFTER my children have lived and passed. Then Earth can be rid of us terrible humans.

So you want your grandchildren to suffer.......nice.......

Yes I want them to die a horrible heated death.

Of course not you [snip]. I forgot I was on ATS where even the simplest of implications MUST be typed out word for word for all to read and understand:

"Hopefully this signifies the end of the world AFTER my children have lived and passed. Then Earth can be rid of us terrible humans. I would advise my children not to have children of their own so they do not suffer the death of a heating planet."

Link to heated death.

OK for you?
edit on 31-8-2016 by and14263 because: MB - again.

edit on 31-8-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Could be a reason for the massive amount of "bunker" building we have seen the last few years..
a reply to: slider1982

...and they're not building them for us regular folks. My family and I don't have those VIP tickets to prevent us from all shriveling up when the SHTF. I bet Trump, Clinton, and the Bush's are one of the few who hold those tickets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join